• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boot, General Purpose (Mk III acting/interim replacement)

Yeah.. right.. I have heard that line before.

Speaking of which, if I am deploying and am supposed to have a cadpat sleeping bag liner but don't have one cause the guy at clothing stores Gagetown took it away when I got posted, how di I go about getting one?  Is it a "too bad, so sad" situation?

here in Pet I haven't been able to get one for over a year now would be nice to get one soon

Bzz,

He took it away so they had enough to issue to TF1-07 pers as the TBs are in very short supply. Pers deploying on overseas ops are priority (that'd now be you)...

As you are slated for the upcoming TF...you should be able to go into your local clothing outlet to be issued a new TB and the GP Combat Boots. Now, I'd imagine that as you're at the mounting base for the next roto and are actually on the next roto, and I am assuming that they are the priority for issue...you shouldn't have any difficulty...

BUT...I've been wrong before.... :mad:

more specifically I was asking are they short both kinds of bivvy bags or is it that you want the CADPAT one but olive drab is still available.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
more specifically I was asking are they short both kinds of bivvy bags or is it that you want the CADPAT one but olive drab is still available.

Seen. Bivy bags are not the problem. It's the Thermal Blankets (TBs) that are. The TBs are the replacement for the old OG107 sleeping bag liners (even though I preferred the flannel...it kept me warm in -45!!).

AmmoTech90 said:
Which Boots, Rubber Clumsy, Shiney or Dull?  Or are the Shiney ones gone now?

I recieved the shiny pair, the dull pair and the arctic slippers less than 2 years ago so I think they are all still being issued.

Ref Cadpat boots, these never got beyond the CTS definition stage. Good thing too.....
prototype_terra_ar1.jpg

prototype_terra_ar2.jpg

prototype_terra_tw1.jpg

Oh wow! I want MY AR CADPAT platforms! It'll go well with my Cadpat disco suit!  ::)

Those were a very early attempt by Terra that have since fallen by the way side.  The latst iteration has 1000 Denier sides, and a vibram sole.  Picture the Wet Weather boot, but cadpat leather and Cordura.  Green laces, and a green sole. 

Bomber said:
Those were a very early attempt by Terra that have since fallen by the way side.  The latst iteration has 1000 Denier sides, and a vibram sole.  Picture the Wet Weather boot, but cadpat leather and Cordura.  Green laces, and a green sole. 

Still expected to go to production mid-June?

The two boots by Terra evidently were simply pattern trials from 2002. The Cadpat AR boots were never really a starter, I think after the first two steps in the sand the camo pattern would dissapear under the dust.  I guess the current pattern desert boots made by Boulet were considered to be acceptable.
There have been at least 3 other patterns of TW boots trialled in quantity, I believe these are the  boots referred to by Bomber :
trials_tw_boot1.jpg

trials_tw_boot2.jpg

trials_tw_boot3.jpg

trials_tw_boot4.jpg

The last I heard was that the Cadpat boot project was on hold, possibly cancelled.

XMP said:
The last I heard was that the Cadpat boot project was on hold, possibly cancelled.

That's the boots. I was told by CTS last month that they were set to "go to production" in mid-June, thus my last post. They're not cancelled.

What are these supposed to be for?  We already have the WWB, we're supposed to be getting the temperate combat boot, and now these as well?  What do these bring to the table that isn't covered by the other boots, and under what conditions are we supposed to wear them vice one of the other models?

willy said:
What are these supposed to be for?  We already have the WWB, we're supposed to be getting the temperate combat boot, and now these as well?  What do these bring to the table that isn't covered by the other boots, and under what conditions are we supposed to wear them vice one of the other models?

It's already covered earlier in this thread.

WW Boots,
Temperate Cbt Boots
Cbt boots, GP

It's a few posts back...too long to list again.  ;)

They are camouflaged.. and if I remember correctly, during the development phases of the CADPAT trials is was noticed that the most visible part of a soldier is not the uniform nor the soldier himself but his weapon and boots!! That explains why Colt Canada has begun to put green items on our C7/C8 and we are going to be wearing CADPAT boots.

I kinda like the idea of the Cadpat combat boot.  Are we really going to have to wear it only for feild stuff and wear a black boot in garrison?  Soooo many types of boots now.  It seems a waste.

Back