• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

How long have you guys been waiting from when you were first merit listed, to receive the call?

Nice! Good luck to you all! 
Charlo24: I can't give you a clear answer on that since I never found out when I was merit listed, but when I called the recruiting center on September 1st, they told me I wasn't on the merit list yet. I got my job offer on September 17th, so I was merit listed and selected between the 1st and 17th. Hope this helps  :)

I received my call and accepted an offer for AVS Tech!
Enrolment is in Victoria this week, then off to St. Jean October 10th to start on the 12th.  Anyone else here with the same date?

I may be joining you there.  I just received my offer (RMS Clerk) today with this BMQ start date but I asked to defer if possible.  But if I can't, I guess I'll be seeing you there!  Wow!

Hopefully we'll be on the same platoon, but I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point regardless. And the same thing happened to me eharps. I wasn't able to get a deferral but I was fortunate to be picked for a later course date.

It's getting close, only a few week away! Has anyone had their enrollment yet? I received my offer a little under a week after being merit listed. :D

Really? They were very accomodating with me. I suppose we are almost at year end though and I don't think they have a lot more BMQ's set up. What trade did you apply for?

Yup, I am there for the 26th as well. Flight leaves for the 24th, Enrollment ceremony is the 16th. Going into Infantry if anyone else is, see you there :)
Good luck everyone.

Initially I applied for Weapons Tech and Artillery but only qualified for Artillery. And my work situation wasn't a legal obligation. I was staying for an extra couple weeks to assist them with a staffing problem. I was a tad worried that I might not get in until after winter. Thankfully it worked out.

messupdude said:
I wonder if this is the last date for BMQ this year?

No, there are BMQ's starting on November 9th and 16th as well, I will be attending the one on the 9th. If you go to the CFLRS website and look up "graduation Ceremonies" it willl give you a list of courses.

Link:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

Edit for grammar.

We've got the same timings!
Sworn in oct 27 and flying out to Mtl on oct 31 for a November 2 basic start

Going armoured
I'm in Barrie though.. Idk if you'll be on my flight (speaking of: does the file manager take care of flight booking and ticketing or am I responsible for it?)

Back