• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Fucking eh I'm going infantry, hopefully ppcli 3rd battalion, but I'll take what I can get.  What about you?  Look forward to seeing you fellas there

Infantryornothing said:
******* eh I'm going infantry, hopefully ppcli 3rd battalion, but I'll take what I can get.  What about you?  Look forward to seeing you fellas there

I am also going infantry. I'm hoping for the same thing with regards to 3 PPCLI, but we will see how it goes. I assume you want that because you want the to try to get on the Basic Para course?

Where are all y'all coming from? I'm in Ottawa.

Cheers,

Evan Harper

eharps said:
I am also going infantry. I'm hoping for the same thing with regards to 3 PPCLI, but we will see how it goes. I assume you want that because you want the to try to get on the Basic Para course?

Where are all y'all coming from? I'm in Ottawa.

Cheers,

Evan Harper

I'm coming from Ontario  ;D

I start BMQ november 9th also, im going through for artillery, and coming from Petawawa, Ontario

Peddle123 said:
I start BMQ november 9th also, im going through for artillery, and coming from Petawawa, Ontario

Awesome man, see you there!

Peddle123 said:

From Pet? Interesting, maybe you will get posted at home! (I assume artillery is based there)

I got a call today, swear in on the 10th, and start BMQ on the 16th of November, 2015.

On second note, does anyone have an opinion on whether or not there is value in driving yourself to BMQ in St Jean Quebec? Would having access to a vehicle benefit in any way?

Hey Secbell,

I am going to the BMQ on the 9th and from what I have heard is there is no point. You won't be allowed to use your car, other than weekends after indoc, where you actually get the weekend off. At that point, Montreal is the only city you can actually go without a leave pass, and is close enough to bus so you do not have to worry about being DD ;)

Cheers,

eharps

I would recommend that you do bring your cars with you to BMQ for a couple of reasons.

1) It is extra storage - which might prove to be helpful.
2) It makes the commute to Montreal and surrounding areas much more convenient and less expensive.
3) Once you graduate, you will not be given the opportunity to go home to get your car. Because the day after you graduate you will be put on a bus, plane, or train and sent immediately to your next posting. However, if you have a car, you can drive yourself to your next location. This usually leads to having a couple days off to commute. And trust me, you will love to have that extra leisure time.
4) In reality some of you will Voluntarily Release or get kicked out. If you have your car with you, it will provide an economical means of transportation back home. As you will be on the hook for this expense.
5) If you do bring your PMV, I recommend packing a suitcase full of civilian clothes  that you can leave in your car. This will be helpful for weekends and your first posting.

I can say safely that no member of my BMQ class regretted bringing their PMV.

If you have any other questions about BMQ I'd be happy to answer.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the mega today!
Look for the tall guy with tattoos on his knuckles and come say hey!!

Secbell said:
I got a call today, swear in on the 10th, and start BMQ on the 16th of November, 2015.

I have selected ATIS as my trade of choice, also thank you all for your response.

Back