• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

I posted in Recruits only wondering if anyone is merit listed for a combat arms trade at the moment with no responses.
So I'm curious if anyone here is awaiting a call for basic training from the combat arms trades?

From what the recruiters told me, combat arms selections should be really soon as BMQ and BMOQ start around August/September.

BMQ resumes June 27th, I believe. They take a month break between May 25th and June to run BMOQ's for ROTP students. Calls for that have probably already gone out, I believe you will must likely be put on July/Aug BMQ's if selected anytime soon.

KerryBlue said:
BMQ resumes June 27th, I believe. They take a month break between May 25th and June to run BMOQ's for ROTP students. Calls for that have probably already gone out, I believe you will must likely be put on July/Aug BMQ's if selected anytime soon.
This is what I was told as well. My file manager told me I should be getting a call very soon for July 27th as they will be hiring Infantry for that BMQ. The June and early July courses are basically filled at this time I've heard.

If you read the small bit after my message block.....you can see my basic time line and that I have applied for RMS clerk :)

Sorry I use an app for this forum on my phone and it doesn't show up.
But congrats! Let's hope we get a call soon!!

GraemeCaughill said:
Sorry I use an app for this forum on my phone and it doesn't show up.
But congrats! Let's hope we get a call soon!!

I'm pretty confident you guys will be loaded onto the 27 July BMQ. And you're lucky if you do because you'll have (hopefully) a lot of time to enjoy the remainder of your summer knowing you'll be starting a great career. I know for myself I have some waivers that need approving but everyday I wake with the will to make myself a better person; increasing my stamina, muscular endurance and also looking beyond the CAF if I don't receive an offer

FortYorkRifleman said:
I'm pretty confident you guys will be loaded onto the 27 July BMQ. And you're lucky if you do because you'll have (hopefully) a lot of time to enjoy the remainder of your summer knowing you'll be starting a great career. I know for myself I have some waivers that need approving but everyday I wake with the will to make myself a better person; increasing my stamina, muscular endurance and also looking beyond the CAF if I don't receive an offer
Well he seemed very confident that I would get selected so fingers are still crossed.
It's a long haul sometimes. If you look at my tag under my post, it's taken me nearly 2 years to get in.
Patience and perseverance will get you to where you need to be.
Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get in!

Congrats Graeme!!  I have more time to wait since selections for RMS clerk are not until Monday (June 15).  Hopefully I will be posting good news next week.

Congrats! I'm hoping that I'll be merit listed soon, next couple weeks and then hopefully getting a call by the end of the month. Don't know if that's a pipe dream right now or not, but here's hoping!

Thanks guys!
Good luck on the 15th, hope you get the call!
And Colta if there are no set backs with your file there is still a chance you'll get that date, but August might be a more realistic date.

Yeah... there shouldn't be a single set back, everything has gone through smooth so far and I've gotten nothing but great support and help from the CFRC staff.
I'm hoping where there are 3 platoons going in for that date that I still have a pretty decent shot, but I'd be happy with August too. I just want to get in and get done so I can meet up with my husband sooner. He graduates basic July 9th and then is off to Borden for a 1+ years, which is where I'll be when I finish bmq.
It took him 3 weeks in March to get his call after his interview and medical and when I originally went back in Feb 2014 (vr due to family issues) I got the call in 4 weeks, so here's hoping!

I have been waiting for my background check to finish since April 27, so I hope I get a call any day now to join you guys for July 27.

Colta said:
Yeah... there shouldn't be a single set back, everything has gone through smooth so far and I've gotten nothing but great support and help from the CFRC staff.
I'm hoping where there are 3 platoons going in for that date that I still have a pretty decent shot, but I'd be happy with August too. I just want to get in and get done so I can meet up with my husband sooner. He graduates basic July 9th and then is off to Borden for a 1+ years, which is where I'll be when I finish bmq.
It took him 3 weeks in March to get his call after his interview and medical and when I originally went back in Feb 2014 (vr due to family issues) I got the call in 4 weeks, so here's hoping!
Well I suspect that you should be getting some word soon than! Especially with a prior recruitment. So good luck! Keep us posted!

CanadianTiger said:
I have been waiting for my background check to finish since April 27, so I hope I get a call any day now to join you guys for July 27.
Have you called your cfrc?? You may actually already be merit listed. Usually it's up to you to call and find that out, what trades are you going for?
Give them a call, might get some encouraging news. I know I did.

Hi guys, first post on this forum. Had to create an account because my question is driving me nuts. I called CFRC the other day and they told me my background check was in and they were just waiting for a MCC to check it off and then I would be merit listed. The Sgt told me within days.

Do you think they will try and get me in for the July 27 BMQ? AND...DeskJockey43 how did you find out when selections were for your trade? Recruiting centre has been really helpful, but getting any specifics is hard from some of them over the phone.

Thanks!
________
Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Applied: Jan 13 2015
CFRC Contact: Feb 2 2015
CFAT: March 21 2015
Medical: April 28 2015 - PASSED
Interview: May 4 2015 - PASSED
Background Check: June 9, 2015
Merit Listed: ?
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ:

I found that emailing my military career counsellor was the easiest way to get information. I didn't even need to ask for the selection dates for my trade, which is the same as Deskjockey, he just gave them to me. So you might try emailing and straight up asking. Though the 15 June selection date isn't just for Clerks.

I guess I got pretty lucky, I started my process last October for infantry and signed my contract about 3 weeks ago. Starting BMQ July 27. I was surprised mine moved forward as fast as it did.

Rpatten1152:  yes, you are lucky it went so fast, though I am sure it didn't feel fast while you were waiting ;).  Congrats on getting the call!  I started all this back at the end of October myself, due to some minor hoops to jump through, I am now (sort of) patiently waiting for my call.

JamesDuke93: jolessana is correct, the fastest answers I have received have come from my MCC.  The person who interviewed you should have given you a business card.  That is the person you should contact. A number of them seem to prefer email. Probably because it gives them time to look up your particulars.  Good Luck!!

Back