• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Have my interview and medical June 3rd, hoping to make it on for the July 27 BMQ. Did you already get an offer? What trade?

Unfortunately I had to turn down my initial offer as I was out of town and wouldn't make it back. It was fly out May 22 and start May 25 giving me less than a week from offer to plane ride. I was offered July 27th yesterday, Armoured, and accepted.

Just faxed my enrollment papers today! I've lurked around army.ca for quite a while and I figured it was finally time to make an account. Looking forward to seeing you all at BMQ!

There was a bit of a laugh regarding my application, though. I called up my recruiting officer on Tuesday to check up on my application and was told that everything was in order, that I'd probably be contacted sooner rather than later, and to call back if I heard nothing in three weeks. I got my job offer call for combat engineer no more than 50 minutes later.
Sooner, indeed.  ;D

Hey, I just had my interview and medical this last week but if all goes well I should be ready for the RMS clerk selections at the beginning of July. So I'm really hoping for the July 27th BMQ. (Just need my eyes checked)

I think I was merit listed yesterday, so I am really hoping to get an offer for July 27th BMQ.

This is part of the update email I received yesterday morning:  "CRNC and Garda reference checks came back last Friday and have been put into my inbox. If the results were positive you will be grated Reliability Status next and then Merit Listed. I should have time to do that this afternoon."

I just got a call this morning from a lady who said she was from the recruitment centre saying that they have a job offer for me and that If I accepted I'd be leaving on the 25th of July. She went over a bunch of information and said that all of it would be in an e-mail that I will be receiving. How long did it take for you guys to get the email? I haven't gotten it yet. Also were any of you asked for your SIN number over the phone?

My first offer was a phone call. I had to decline (see above for reasoning). I was emailed 6 days later with my second offer. They did request my SIN over the phone.

robertsanderson said:
My first offer was a phone call. I had to decline (see above for reasoning). I was emailed 6 days later with my second offer. They did request my SIN over the phone.

Oh I see. Thanks for the reply. I'll see you at BMQ!

Good evening,

Just a quick questions. If a trade shows that army recruits do the "Army Basic Land Course" after BMQ for their trade, am I reading it right that then its only Army DEU or do AF or Navy DEU mbrs go as well?

Good day FarmerD,

Each element of the Canadian Armed Forces has their own enviromental training common to all personnal that join that elment. Every member that joins the Army does the Army Basic Land course which covers training specific to operating on the ground. The Navy and Air force also have their own enviromental training common to every member joining those elments specific to the enviroment that they operate in. For example during the common Navy course every member that joins the Navy learns how to be a fire fighter reguardless of their occupation. 

My file manager told me I should be getting a call soon for July 27th, I'm merit listed for infantry and combat engineer.

As of this moment...I do not know whether I have been merit listed.  Shortly after my last post, I fired off an email to my MCC to get the word about my sec/ref checks.  He responded with the information that Garda had been unable to verify my work history and that he had given my file to an officer cadet to make the necessary calls. I responded with some information about my previous work place that may have helped.  Less than 20 minutes later one of my references let me know he'd been contacted.  Therefore, I will be sending yet another update request to my MCC today.  I would really, dearly love to post that I have made it to the merit list, and am still holding out hope for a July BMQ.

Updated:  Immediate response from my MCC:  I have been Merit Listed as of today!!  So excited :D

Updated:  Immediate response from my MCC:  I have been Merit Listed as of today!!  So excited :D
[/quote]

That's great news!! What are your trade choices?
Let's hope we get the call soon!

Back