• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ - September 2011

Thank you. I think when it all boils down I'll be nicely in the middle - as all DEO applicants would be at least 22+ in order to have a degree. We'll all get yelled at the same however (grins)

Just as a re-iteration for those who recently get their good news - the four of us have set up a Facebook group to get to know each other - send me a PM with your name and I'll add you to the group.

I just got the call for Armoured Officer!!  congrads to all everyone who has received the good news and I look forward to meeting you all at the end of Sept.

For those waiting for Armoured Officer positions:  I was merit listed on Jul 3 2011.  On July 3 there was only 3 positions left (down from 45 at the beginning of April 2011).

Hello, everyone:

This is my first post so please bear with me.

I am also going to be joining all of you for BMOQ in September.  I was merit listed late May 2011 for an Armour Officer position,after a year and a half long wait for another trade.  I am very happy, however, that I finally am here and in this trade.

As for age... well, it looks like so far, I may be the eldest one in the pack.

I look forward to meeting you all soon.  I am coming from just outside Toronto.  I would love to hear from anyone who is going... feel free to PM me.

Congrats guys! A bunch of us are on a Facebook group (feel free to send me a PM of how to get a hold of you that way). Now we all just need to hurry up and wait for Sept.

Armoured only had 3 spots since my interview (Applied as Infantry, but had Armoured as my second choice).

Congratulations to Vandy and RattyP!!!

I noticed on the CFLRS site that there are 2 platoons for BMOQ starting September 26th and ending February 3rd, L0067E (L11) & L0068E (L12).  Has anyone here been told what platoon they are with or is that something we find out at our enrolment ceremony or when we get to St. Jean? 

Hey all,

Congrats to everyone whose gotten their acceptance to BMOQ Sept.26th,

Today I went into my RC to see if there was an update on my profile, and im happy to report that I too was accepted for BMOQ Sept.26th

Im in for DEO Nursing Officer, See you guys soon!

cdnrn said:
Hey all,

Congrats to everyone whose gotten their acceptance to BMOQ Sept.26th,

Today I went into my RC to see if there was an update on my profile, and im happy to report that I too was accepted for BMOQ Sept.26th

Im in for DEO Nursing Officer, See you guys soon!

Hey cdnrn,

Congrats ! Things have finally moved ahead since our last message !  I also got the new today that I am in for DEO Nursing Officer  ;D

However, I won't have the pleasure to meet you then, since I'm going on the October course.

Best of luck to all !

I called my CFRC last week and they told me my selection doesn't happen until Aug 2. I don't know how much more of this waiting I can take  :'(

reboog said:
I called my CFRC last week and they told me my selection doesn't happen until Aug 2. I don't know how much more of this waiting I can take  :'(
You much lucky - my selection doesn't happen until Aug 19 .Good luck to us and all who are waiting for it!!!

sky777 said:
You much lucky - my selection doesn't happen until Aug 19 .Good luck to us and all who are waiting for it!!!

I just got the phone call! The CFRC seems to be pretty good about keeping to its schedule, so I'm sure you'll make it in Aug 19. Good luck, sky

reboog said:
I just got the phone call! The CFRC seems to be pretty good about keeping to its schedule, so I'm sure you'll make it in Aug 19. Good luck, sky
Congratulations!!! And thanks for wishing the luck. I hope all be OK.

Oops meant to post in the BMQ September not BMOQ.  Guess I got to excited sorry :-[

Hey, guys. I've accepted my offer as well DEO Nursing Officer. I'm 31... Very excited!!! Who is doing what for physical fitness just out of curiosity???

Lots of Nurses it seems - or at least lots of nurses finding this board! Congrats!

A bunch of us are on a facebook group Anton - send me a private message and I'll set you up with the details.

As far as physical fitness stuff, it varies. Today, I did a 5 Set pushup routine (20,30,20,20,til failure) and ran back and forth to work (around 11k, but split in half around my work day). I usually trade off days between biking and riding that distance and also alternate with pushups and situps on opposing days. Did nothing for the previous two days, as I was recovering from a particularly brutal hike ( Vancouver Favourite - the Grouse Grind!)

I've been running off and on for a year already however, and have been a rock climber for years. Mileage from various activities vary depending on where you are at.

I have been training pretty much consistently for a year. Did box fit type of training for a few months then singed up for thai boxing classes (have a background in it and I like to train in it more than just gym or running)...I started running as well and thinking of maybe getting a few sessions with PT just to get prepared as best as I can.
Unfortunately, I am not on facebook...

Ayrsayle said:
Did nothing for the previous two days, as I was recovering from a particularly brutal hike ( Vancouver Favourite - the Grouse Grind!)

What's your time? I just did the grind yesterday - going again monday perhaps.

Had a good run, did it in 46 minutes - friends with me did it in 53, and 67 respectively. I think we are planning on going again this monday sometime after 3, if you were interested.

Ayrsayle said:
Had a good run, did it in 46 minutes - friends with me did it in 53, and 67 respectively. I think we are planning on going again this monday sometime after 3, if you were interested.

I'm going with a couple of friends in the morning (need to go to ICBC in the afternoon). Maybe next time?

Back