• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ - September 2011

reboog said:
If anyone's interested, the other platoon is currently at 45 out of the original 52+3.

That's most frustrating part of being on the merit list. For every course I'm not selected for there are a dozen jokers who waste everyone's time and money.

TBone22 said:
That's most frustrating part of being on the merit list. For every course I'm not selected for there are a dozen jokers who waste everyone's time and money.

And you know why those people are not on training anymore?   
th_CrystalBallFortuneTellerSmileyHand.gif

::)

TBone22 said:
For every course I'm not selected for there are a dozen jokers who waste everyone's time and money.

You could end up being one of these "jokers" so don't speak too soon. You won't know until you try it.

TBone22 said:

The CF is not the Educations System that guarantees 100% Pass Rates.  The CF seldom passes 100% of those who enrolled as NCMs or officers through Recruit and Basic Trades training (although it has happened and with the usual negative results).  It is detrimental to the professionalism of the CF to have "numpties" "Pass" and progress up the ladder to eventually produce more "numpties" and so on and so on.  This is not to say that it has not happened and it then becomes a case of us being our own worse enemy.

Not all of the candidates who "failed" were incompetent - in truth many of them were surprising to us. One was very intelligent, physically fit and the kind of guy who could lift up everyone's morale simply by being there - English was not his first language however and he was unable to get past one of the tests (which we all struggled on - many of us honors students or graduate students).  Still another was forced onto compassionate leave as his daughter was born unexpectedly early. He tried to stay on the course but was ultimately re-coursed to another platoon due to his unavoidable absence.

Yes, there were a few who looked really good on paper only to be horribly unsuited to military life, but that is a pretty broad (and unfair) brush for everyone.

TBone22 said:

TBone22 said:

I'm one of those failures.  I was recoursed twice.  Not because I couldn't hack the mind games or the drill or the tests (I was the top academic candidate in my course when I left)... not because I was sent to Warrior for failing the initial test... but because of bad luck.  I got sick on my first course and my lungs never healed.  I had serious breathing trouble walking.... sitting in the shade at the range... you name it.  I ran 7km with my platoon in morning PT and wheezed for ten minutes before I could try climbing the 10 storeys to my room.  Before joining the CF I was an active scuba diver (in the St-Lawrence, so diving in current and cold with no breathing issues) and now I don't know if I'll be able to do that again. 

No one, including myself, thought I would end up where I did.  I have strong leadership and project management skills.  I was physically fit enough that I could have passed the course if I stayed healthy.  When you end up at CFLRS you have no idea what could happen to you.

Back