• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ - September 2011

Giving this topic a bump, in case there are any other newly accepted applicants wanting to meet the people they are heading out with.

How is everyone's PT/Training going?

jmusic88 said:
I officially accepted the offer. See you guys all September 26!

So far I am the only EME guy here. Hopefully there will be more!
Yea,
One more EME is here. :)
I have got my offer and  accepted.

Hi there,

0067E, ENG O (0181), DOE, 37. I wish had as much opportunities as you guys for the PT, but with my crazy schedule I can go for the run only 1-2 times a weeks.

I'm probably going to see some of you on Sep 15 in New West. CFRC.

Cheers, Alex.

Hi everyone, I just got my call today - Infantry Officer. I had pretty much written myself off for the September BMOQ by now. I'm a little surprised at how close to the start date they made my offer, but it doesn't matter...I'm ready to roll. I can't describe how fired up I am to get started.

Congrats guys - feel free to join the BMOQ group on facebook (if you have it).

Congrats in particular ABC - pretty short notice, but you could have had to wait the last 3ish months like I have! Either way, your in!

Just send me a message once you've tried to join the group - ill approve you ASAP.

I received my call yesterday with an official job offer! I'm going in as NCSE-O. Anyone else?

The NOAB didn't happen and according the MCC with whom I spoke, they won't be doing them anymore.

See you all next weekend.

So you guys know, Platoon selection will happen when you arrive. The staff has a list that is sent from Ottawa (NDHQ) late in the week, the week before arrival. That list is just of the people coming. CFLRS makes up the platoon loading. I am not really sure how that happens, I just call the clerks and they print it for us. I do not think that CFRG has that information as it is it a local process.

This is kinda funny, you guys knowing each other before you get there. The joys of technology eh? Well good luck on your course, and I might run into some of you in the halls.

One other thing, the running isn't where most people mess of the PT test in week 0. It's the push ups. Make sure you can do 19 for males and 17 for females, these are the under 30 numbers. The arms must bend to 90 degrees when you bring yourself to the ground. I would work on that more than the running; or as well as.

Just some helpful advice from your "loving" staff.

Cheers,

Mav

We don't yell, we motivate  >:D

Maverick585 said:
So you guys know, Platoon selection will happen when you arrive. The staff has a list that is sent from Ottawa (NDHQ) late in the week, the week before arrival. That list is just of the people coming. CFLRS makes up the platoon loading.
What do you mean "Platoon selection will happen when you arrive". I already know my platoon number.There are 2 platoons in September BMOQ- 67E and 68E.Some of us from 67E, some - 68E.

As in you know which Platoon you will be in?

The only people I know who knew that were the ones coming from RMC.

Maybe they have changed things, I don't teach BMOQ currently.

That's cool if you do know.

Cheers,

Mav

Almost there everyone, a few short days left. Look forward to meeting all of you in person when we get there. Hopefully there will be some time to meet people on Sunday.

I'd give anything for a few more days.

Got my offer on the 19th. There's just not enough hours in the day to get everything done!

Makes me feel a little better about having to sit around for the last 3ish months though (laughs). If you need any help with anything paperwork related feel free to message - ill see if I can give a hand.

All the best to the ladies and gents who're in their first week of BMOQ. Hoo boy - it must be such an awesome feeling to be finally there!

Thanks guys. It is a good feeling, but the pressure is on right from the get go. We lost two to warrior platoon already.

Two down already! I hope they're able to qualify when they're tested next time... I'm really nervous about the push ups part. I'm only able to do 40 right now. I've heard the instructors are very picky, so I'm counting 19 for that. The beep test is fine - I managed to get the CF version. I've saved it to my cell phone so I have it handy. Sit ups is fine too - 50 in a minute.

Ayrsayle, I think us folk who're hoping to one day be in St. Jean are really appreciate the fact that you're posting despite the hectic schedule. Makes one understand almost firsthand what you all are going through.

Cheers.

Ayrsayle said:
but the pressure is on right from the get go.

That is how it is going to be everywhere you go and in everything you do in this business, from here on.

Good luck.

Allgunzblazing said:
Two down already! I hope they're able to qualify when they're tested next time... I'm really nervous about the push ups part. I'm only able to do 40 right now. I've heard the instructors are very picky, so I'm counting 19 for that. The beep test is fine - I managed to get the CF version. I've saved it to my cell phone so I have it handy. Sit ups is fine too - 50 in a minute.

Just make sure you can get down to the floor - and know that if you're retested, someone else will count your pushups.  I was touching the floor on my first test and the guy only said I did 1 and when I said "seriously?" ask I kept touching the ground, he cut me off entirely.  When I did the retest I pumped them out no problem.  The discrepancy between PSP staff is a huge problem. 

If you fail the test on the Tuesday/Wednesday you do it with your platoon, you will be retested with everyone else who failed that week, normally on the Friday morning.  They won't send you to Warrior without a retest.

Of course, if you fail in Week 9 and you don't meet the threshold, they will send you right to Warrior.

Back