• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ May 2011

BMOQ May 2011
L0062E (L13) & L0063F (L14)                                   May 23, 2011 August 4, 2011
L0064E (L19), L0065E (R11) & L0066E (R44)             May 30, 2011 August 11, 2011
L0057E (L11), L0058E (L12) & L0059E (R43)               May 9, 2011 August 18, 2011
L0060E (L15) & L0061F (L16)                                     May 16, 2011      August 25, 2011

Do the L's and R's in the brackets stand for something? I know that E is English and F is French so I figured the L and R would mean something too. Just wondering.

Left and Right?    Imagine a platoon of all right handed people or all left.  ;)

I believe the L platoons are Officers and the R platoons are NCMs. That was the difference a few summers ago.

Rogo said:
Left and Right?    Imagine a platoon of all right handed people or all left.  ;)

Haha You never know...

ballz said:
I believe the L platoons are Officers and the R platoons are NCMs. That was the difference a few summers ago.

I was thinking that too however the dates/serials listed are strictly for BMOQ...Hmmm, maybe R is for different entry plans other than ROTP?

It's really not a big deal though, I was just curious.

Dou You said:
Haha You never know...

I was thinking that too however the dates/serials listed are strictly for BMOQ...Hmmm, maybe R is for different entry plans other than ROTP?

It's really not a big deal though, I was just curious.

That would make sense... When I went though, there were a LOT of officer platoons going through (4-5 serials starting per week I believe), and no recruit platoons got put through because of the officers having their schedules constrained because of school from Sept-April. I looked at the schedule and thought that maybe since the officer recruiting thing is under control they might be running some recruit platoons through at the same time during summer since they are having a hard time getting certain NCM trades through the training system and whatnot.

Guess you'll just have to wait and see. For God's sake though, if you are starting at the same time as some NCM platoons, do your best to keep the heads of your peers level. I can predict some NCM vs Officer competition brewing, which is good, competition is good... but don't let it stop you and your platoon-mates from having beers with the NCMs at the end of the day.

Every weekend I was at BMOQ me and a few buddies that stayed home from MTL used to go to the Legion for beers, and then the mess when the Legion closed. We always had a good time having cold beers with the future backbone of the CF, and they seemed to think the same. Unfortunately, before we had sat down with them, I think there was a lot of resentment by the recruits towards the officers from what they described to us, and judging by some of my peers attitudes, I could probably see why they felt that way.

From the CFLRS website:

BMQ
R0400E (R31), R0401F (R32) & R0442E (R14)  April 25, 2011    July 28, 2011
R0402E (R25) & R0403E (R22)                          May 16, 2011    August 18, 2011
R0410E (R35)                                                    May 23, 2011    August 25, 2011

BMOQ
L0062E (L13) & L0063F (L14)                            May 23, 2011    August 4, 2011
L0064E (L19), L0065E (R11) & L0066E (R44)    May 30, 2011    August 11, 2011
L0057E (L11), L0058E (L12) & L0059E (R43)    May 9, 2011    August 18, 2011
L0060E (L15) & L0061F (L16)                            May 16, 2011    August 25, 2011

There is a BMQ course starting a week after my course but graduating the same day so I'll keep your advice in mind ballz, thanks. I guess we'll still just have to see what the R and L stand for though.

L is for Leadership Division, R for Recruit Division. Why they have BMOQ platoons with R numbers, I guess that will be for you to find out...

Heff18 said:
Blue & Green sector designations now?

Could very well be, since all of the BMQ dates do have R's. So maybe R is green sector and L is blue?

17 days until I must report to St-Jean for the start of an awesome summer.

How are you all felling ?

I for one can't wait.

Excited, nervous, anxious to start, just a whole mix of emotions. It should be a great time though. I've been looking forward to this since Recruit Camp ended  ;D.

Dou You said:
Could very well be, since all of the BMQ dates do have R's. So maybe R is green sector and L is blue?

My serial had three leadership platoons, L11,12,13, and two of them were in green sector, one in blue. It's just where they have space when you are starting.

Green sector is better though imho: laundry on the floor and you work more as a team because you can't hermit in your cubicle. Just me though, just do you best with what you're given and you'll be fine.

They will throw L courses into the Green sector as well... the R course, as far as I understand, means that it will have staff that normally work on recruit courses but the Chain of Command of the Leadership courses is going to be implemented (meaning a Capt/Lt(N) will be leading)... again, not really something to worry about just yet.  I think I may end up on the "R" designated course but I'm still in a waiting pattern.  Those of us on A (or W) don't really find out about the courses we're on until the last minute.

There are a few recruit courses starting in May and June, as far as I know... a lot of recruits seem to have a bad impression of Officer Cadets but that's because Ocdts can be idiots at time.  We had someone on my course jack up a recruit platoon (seriously) and that spread around the Mega like wildfire.  That OCdt did a few weekend fire pickets to make up for it... it also put a target on his back for a while.

Also, don't refer to yourself as an "officer" yet.  Make sure you add in the "cadet" at the end.

megsy said:
a lot of recruits seem to have a bad impression of Officer Cadets but that's because Ocdts can be idiots at times.

That's a two way street: regardless of rank, people are idiots at times. Even some of those A (or W) get a bit of an authority complex at times, since they've "been there so long". My point is, certain people have certain beliefs of themselves and others, regardless of what rank they are or will one day hold.

Just remember your place and respect those with experience and that which they have to offer. We're all one big team, might as well get used to it now and start off the right foot.

Quite true.

I have seen it used on more than just this thread.
Seeing as people are demystifying abbreviations on this thread, I might as well ask.

I suppose I am getting to used to life "on the inside" while waiting for this course..

A is AWT which is "Adapted Warrior Training" - they are the folks you will see with A's on their combats.  People on A are those who were injured during training and are "medically unfit" to continue with their courses. 

W is WFT which is "Warrior Fitness Training" and this is divided up into two groups right now.  WFT 1 consists of people who failed their CF Expres test when they first came to basic but achieved a high enough score on the components to not get sent home.  People who fail their CF Expres test at week 9 also get sent to WFT 1.
Once someone passes the CF Expres on WFT 1 they are sent to WFT 3 where they sit to await platoon.

WFT3 is the waiting platoon.  People on AWT who get "fit" are sent to WFT 3, people who are recoursed because of missed periods or some other circumstance are sent to WFT to wait until another course starts up again.

Anyway - what Heff posted is right.  People on A/W can get too used to the system.  We had a girl on my platoon who kept saying things were common sense - and now that I've been in St Jean since November,  they are kind of common sense.  But to someone on their second day of BMOQ?  No way.

Back