• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ May 2011

Dou You

Inactive
Reaction score
I've noticed that some fellow Civi U ROTP types have begun to receive their May BMOQ dates (and strangely, I've heard they aren't the dates that at least some of us were told to expect). It would be nice to find out exactly when each course will be and to also find out who some of your coursemates are going to be as well. I know that there may be very little information as of right now as it is quite early, but we might as well get this topic up and running. So, if anyone has their May BMOQ dates post away...

sky777 said:
What about DEO  in May,2011 ?

I want DEO to be included as well. The only reason I started the topic was because I had contact with other ROTP members and had heard that they received their course dates, so that is why I mentioned ROTP. When DEO applicants receive their dates they should include them here as well as I meant for this topic to be a broad topic for all BMOQ courses happening in May. Sorry if my first post was a little misleading.

Your post is OK.No problems. I asked about DEO because I had applied for DEO :)
I heard a few months ago information about summer BMOQ.I am not sure if it is true or false.They said that on the summer ususally there is not  BMOQ for DEO.Summer BMOQ is only for students from military colleges and universities.There are 3 BMOQ per 2011:
-January,2011
-May,2011
-September,2011
January and September for DEO.
I don't know if it is true.
Anycase I will be waiting for news from my CFRC.After waiting of 18 months I can wait 1-2 months more.Not big deal.

I received BMOQ Phase II course dates 29 June - 26 August.... which would be the second half of the may course : ) 
I'm a civvy MOTP

I've been told one of the May courses is set aside for DEO.  I'm waiting to get loaded back onto a course because I was recoursed in January after getting super sick and developing asthma (seriously - I've had no breathing issues before, but I couldn't walk outside for 100m without wheezing and needing to catch my breath)...

So I have been scheduled for BMOQ starting May 9 and ending Aug 18. They said it may change but as of right now I'm just happy I have received course dates already...apparently it's still pretty early to be finding out about summer training, so I guess I'm lucky.

Congrats Dou You. Nice to hear some specific dates being mentioned now too, as opposed to just "sometime" in or around May.

I have received May 9th - Aug 18th. So I get one week to relax after exams before heading to St-Jean
I can't wait !!

mathabos said:
I have received May 9th - Aug 18th. So I get one week to relax after exams before heading to St-Jean
I can't wait !!

You still have to do the whole BMOQ even though you are at RMC? I thought that the BMOQ for RMC students was 4 weeks shorter.....

2010newbie said:
You still have to do the whole BMOQ even though you are at RMC? I thought that the BMOQ for RMC students was 4 weeks shorter.....

To my knowledge, ROTP-civ and DEO people take the 15 week BMOQ while RMC students only do 11 weeks.

That is why I was wondering. May 9 - August 18 is 15 weeks and your profile states you go to RMC......

I'm CEOTP and was told May 9th as well. Except I need to redo my ERC, Medical, interview this month as mine date back to 2008 and are expired. My fingers are crossed, but hopes aren't up till I sign the offer on the dotted line.

It looks like nobody received invitation for BMOQ May,2011 from DEO for this moment...

Your right no one ever will receive an invitation for "BMQ" for DEO.  ;D (Wait do I need I myriad of experience before I can make sarcastic comments like that?)

CEOTP and DEO are pretty much treated the same for BMOQ. I thought for sure they would make me wait till September. It's all about need and waiting time I guess.

sky777 said:
It looks like nobody received invitation for BMQ May,2011 from DEO for this moment...

And probably won't as they are reserved primarily for ROTP/RMC people and others that have previously failed BMOQ but need it to carry on

Thanks for noticing that 2010Newbie completely forgot to switch it. I was originally accepted to RMC, i'm actually at civilian university

Just updating, but I noticed when I received my dates that there was another set of dates that some other OCdts were scheduled for. This course being May 16 to Aug 26 (the week after the previously mentioned dates). Those are the only two dates I have seen so far. I just thought I'd post this for those who haven't received their dates yet so they would know which dates they may be scheduled for.

Cheers.

Acer Syrup said:
Your right no one ever will receive an invitation for "BMQ" for DEO.  ;D (Wait do I need I myriad of experience before I can make sarcastic comments like that?)

CEOTP and DEO are pretty much treated the same for BMOQ. I thought for sure they would make me wait till September. It's all about need and waiting time I guess.
I lost "O"  :)

Dou You said:
Just updating, but I noticed when I received my dates that there was another set of dates that some other OCdts were scheduled for. This course being May 16 to Aug 26 (the week after the previously mentioned dates). Those are the only two dates I have seen so far. I just thought I'd post this for those who haven't received their dates yet so they would know which dates they may be scheduled for.

Cheers.

We've got a few May 2 BMOQ dates too.....

Back