• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ January 7th

Toronto area here, I haven't talked with the RC since my offer but they told me I would find out the flight details at the swearing in ceremony on the 19th.  (MusclesGlasses, are you sure about the 18th or do you mean 19th?  maybe there are two ceremonies?)

I would assume they would all put us on the same flight if possible or airline as it makes the most sense, I would much rather fly Porter off the island than go through Pearson

crosswind said:
MusclesGlasses, are you sure about the 18th or do you mean 19th?  maybe there are two ceremonies?

Ah, sorry for the confusion. I'm swearing in up in Sudbury, but flying out of Toronto.

cheers

I am swearing in on the 19th as well at 4900 yonge street. No clue about my flight yet, all I was told was I fly out on the 5th. It would have been easier to drive but the corporal I spoke to said that my flight was already booked.  I take it they discourage the use of personal vehicles while on course..
Either way winter BMOQ is going to be... fun... haha  See you guys out there!

Kais

MusclesGlasses said:
Cool beans Half Pint. Hope you don't have too boring a time waiting if indeed you don't get to head out to NETP-O until the rest of us head out once done in April.  :)

On a side note, those of you flying out from Toronto on the 5th, are you going through Pearson or the island? I've been told that my flight has been booked through Porter, and will therefore depart from the island, but won't find out what time until I swear in on the 18th.

Cheers

I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy :)

You're flying porter?!? What part of who's body did you have to suck to manage that? Nice!!! :hellyeah:

half-pint said:
I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy :)

You're flying porter?!? What part of who's body did you have to suck to manage that? Nice!!! :hellyeah:

LoL! From what I understand they are the cheapest as far as one way from Toronto to Montreal goes. Just doing my part to cut the fat out  :)

Cheers

Kyle

I'm swearing in tomorrow morning. Will post some relevant info here tomorrow.

MusclesGlasses said:
LoL! From what I understand they are the cheapest as far as one way from Toronto to Montreal goes. Just doing my part to cut the fat out  :)

Cheers

Kyle

Lol, I'm sure you are!  Take it from someone who is in the airline industry, Porter is a much classier airline, plus, you don't have to fly out of Pearson, or as we like to call it, hell's vestibule.  >:D

half-pint said:
Lol, I'm sure you are!  Take it from someone who is in the airline industry, Porter is a much classier airline, plus, you don't have to fly out of Pearson, or as we like to call it, hell's vestibule.  >:D

How true. I've been through both many times and I always prefer the island to Pearson.

I looked up flights for the 5th of Jan, and they run down as follows for midday times:

Porter @ 1215 - $71 + extras

AC (tango) @ 1100 - $94 + extras

AC (tango) @ 1300 - $144 + extras

WJ @ 1200 - $330 + extras <--------- LOL!!!!!!

Of course flight prices tend to jump around a lot, especially when dealing with AC and WJ, where Porter seems to keep theirs more or less in the same low range. Will be interesting to see if other recruiting offices are booking people with various airlines.

Cheers

MusclesGlasses said:
How true. I've been through both many times and I always prefer the island to Pearson.

I looked up flights for the 5th of Jan, and they run down as follows for midday times:

Porter @ 1215 - $71 + extras

AC (tango) @ 1100 - $94 + extras

AC (tango) @ 1300 - $144 + extras

WJ @ 1200 - $330 + extras <--------- LOL!!!!!!

Of course flight prices tend to jump around a lot, especially when dealing with AC and WJ, where Porter seems to keep theirs more or less in the same low range. Will be interesting to see if other recruiting offices are booking people with various airlines.

Cheers

WTF eh?  WJ started out as Canada's low cost carrier (we always called them the Walmart of the air) and now they're more expensive than AC!!!  I'd rather fly on AC, where I don't have to swipe my credit card to watch an outdated, overpriced Hollywood movie. I still think you're one lucky SOB to be flying Porter :D

half-pint said:
I still think you're one lucky SOB to be flying Porter :D

We'll see. That's what the secretary had said last time I was in the office, but things can change  ;)

Cheers

I'd go porter if I had a choice, pearson is truly a night mare. Who else is heading out from Toronto/swearing in in Toronto on the 19th?

I am flying out of Toronto. All I know about my flight is that they are booking it for me and will give me the details when I swear in on the 19th.

Special_K said:
I'd go porter if I had a choice, pearson is truly a night mare. Who else is heading out from Toronto/swearing in in Toronto on the 19th?

I'm heading out like everyone else on 05 Jan 13 from Toronto; swearing in tomorrow.

Got my call today, BMOQ 0009F, even if its in french I m sure will meet around the block at some point! I will be a pilot btw.

Willskigilbert said:
Got my call today, BMOQ 0009F, even if its in french I m sure will meet around the block at some point! I will be a pilot btw.

Félicitations et bonne chance!!

Question for you guys, I got a packet of paperwork in the mail with the CFLRS guide and security clearance form. Are we expected to have that for the swearing-in or just bring with to CFLRS?

MMSS said:
Question for you guys, I got a packet of paperwork in the mail with the CFLRS guide and security clearance form. Are we expected to have that for the swearing-in or just bring with to CFLRS?

What happens at the swearing in?:
"you may also be asked to present your security clearance forms that you got with your joining instructions.":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/41323/post-355823.html#msg355823

Nikonian said:
They sent me another security clearance form to fill out. I have to complete it and bring it with me to the swearing in ceremony.

MMSS said:

mariomike said:
What happens at the swearing in?:
"you may also be asked to present your security clearance forms that you got with your joining instructions.":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/41323/post-355823.html#msg355823

All I can say is that I was told that I would not need it at the swearing in ceremony, but to have it ready to hand in at the beginning of our BMOQ. That being said, I`m going to have it fully filled out and in my bag when I swear in on the 18th ;)

It should be also noted that the quote linked to by mariomike above is from 2006. A lot can change in 6 years.

Cheers

MusclesGlasses said:
That being said, I`m going to have it fully filled out and in my bag when I swear in on the 18th ;)

Probably not a bad idea.  :)

MusclesGlasses said:
It should be also noted that the quote linked to by mariomike above is from 2006.

There were two quotes. One was from 2009.

If in doubt, check with your CFRC.

Back