• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ January 7th

duy said:
Do you know something I don't?  ???
From my research I found that after BMOQ, MARS officers go to Esquimalt for SLT; but then again, I get different answers all the time.

I have heard the same thing in regards to SLT for the Navy folk being held out west, which wouldn't be nearly as 'immersive' for those learning French as it would be if to do the STL in Saint Jean. But as you say, different information coming at us all the time. I guess we'll find out for sure in the new year.

Cheers

second language training is still in St. Jean if you need to learn french. Borden if you need to learn english.

It is my understanding not everyone does it right away. Some do it later in career if need be or not at all.

duy said:
That's right.
MMSS: Congratulations by the way; looking forward to meeting you there! Did you find out which platoon you'll be in yet?

I'm supposed to be getting a large amount of paperwork sent my way in the coming week. Based on the list on CFLRS website, there's only one English-language platoon starting that date, so I would expect to likely be on that one.

Well, after 2.5 years, I also got the call for DEO pilot today! Starting on the 7th.

A huge thanks to everyone on this site, it was invaluable to me in the application process.

peak_to_prairie and portager: Congratulations to both of you. Looks like there will be a few pilots in addition to MARS this coming January.

duy said:
peak_to_prairie and portager: Congratulations to both of you. Looks like there will be a few pilots in addition to MARS this coming January.

i think it is safe to say add one more to the pilot count.  got the call today that i have been selected, official offer coming later this week with details but I'm pretty sure I'll be on the Jan 7th BMOQ

Glad to hear that there's a few more DEO Pilots, looking forward to meeting everyone!  :)

Jacky

Just got the call today after starting a new job yesterday haha. Anyways... I have put in resignation. Forces trumps all!! I look forward to meeting everyone at BMOQ Jan 7. Naval Combat System Engineer

kfran said:
Just got the call today after starting a new job yesterday haha. Anyways... I have put in resignation. Forces trumps all!! I look forward to meeting everyone at BMOQ Jan 7. Naval Combat System Engineer

Congrats!

I got the call November 20th as well! DEO pilot!  BMOQ starts January 7th.  I am from Mississauga so I will be flying in on the 5th!  Congrats to all of you I am glad theres a diverse group of trades on this course!

Kais

I have to say, I'm not all that unhappy that I won't be joining you guys is St-Jean; was not looking forward to doing BMOQ for a second time!  However, you sound like a great group and I would have liked the chance to work/train with all of you.  To the navy guys/gals, I'll probably see most of you out in BC after you finish basic. The NETP-O I'm waiting for probably won't start until you guys make your way out there.  Either way, I look forward to meeting you and I wish you all good luck.  Just a piece of advice, enjoy it; remember its a game and at the end of the day, they want each of you to pass, they're just going to make you work for it :)  See you guys on the other side  :salute:

half-pint said:
I have to say, I'm not all that unhappy that I won't be joining you guys is St-Jean; was not looking forward to doing BMOQ for a second time!  However, you sound like a great group and I would have liked the chance to work/train with all of you.  To the navy guys/gals, I'll probably see most of you out in BC after you finish basic. The NETP-O I'm waiting for probably won't start until you guys make your way out there.  Either way, I look forward to meeting you and I wish you all good luck.  Just a piece of advice, enjoy it; remember its a game and at the end of the day, they want each of you to pass, they're just going to make you work for it :)  See you guys on the other side  :salute:

Cool beans Half Pint. Hope you don't have too boring a time waiting if indeed you don't get to head out to NETP-O until the rest of us head out once done in April.  :)

On a side note, those of you flying out from Toronto on the 5th, are you going through Pearson or the island? I've been told that my flight has been booked through Porter, and will therefore depart from the island, but won't find out what time until I swear in on the 18th.

Cheers

Back