• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Big Thinkers' stuff

jmacleod

Inactive
Reaction score
MacLeod here. Thanks Mike. You might want to go to the Council For Canadian Security Site:
www.ccs21.org today, 14 October 2004, for a perspective that I am sure will be of interest
to all your members, etc., regarding Sea Kings, Ilitis Vehicles, and Victoria Class submarines.
Regards, and Cheers, MacLeod

MGen Brian Vernon and MGen Lewis MacKenzie were quoted at length in the Ottawa Citizen
(15 October 2004) about the Federal Government's requirement for a quick reaction force
or as it used to be known "Mobile Reaction Force" - naturally they advocate the reestablishment
of the Canadian Airborne Regiment, which we have advocted for some time There were suggestions
for a new title for the Unit, "1st Canadian Parachute Regiment" etc., but my opinion is that
the model, aside from the high quality and dedication of Canadian Airborne Infantry,could be
the British Army's 16th Airborne Brigade, a very highly mobile force including elements of the
Parachute Regiment (1st Canadian Parachute World War II was part of the 6th Airborne Division)
- there is no question however, there is a ground swell supporting airborne capability in Canada
which is the key to a quick reaction force - I think the French Army uses their 11th Airborne
(Parachute) Brigade as a highly mobile reaction force, and we all know what the Americans and
the Russians have. MacLeod

Back