• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Big Mac Inflation - Whats the prcie for a Big Mac in your city/town

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, here we go, I had not been into a McDonalds for a while, so I went into the local one at Caboolture, about 40km north of Brisbane. I was hang'n for a Big mac, and to my shock-horror a whopping $3.95AUD is what one costs.

Whats a Big Mac worth in your neck of the woods?

Well the cheapest way to a bigmac in general is ordering a double cheeseburger 'as a mac' which is $1.50CAD +whatever they want to charge you (usually around 40 cents, and depends on the location).

But 4AUD is pretty much 4CAD, and thats how much you'd pay here for a bigmac without fries and a coke, before tax

if you have such a problem with the price of a big mac, just work at McDonald's ;)...you are guaranteed 1/2 off food and free drinks...unless you have the right managers on, then you could just eat whatever you want....for free!  I would not suggest this if you are planning or already have a killer fitness regime...it doesn't help, trust me.

ah, the good old days of scraping the grease off the grill :-X
funny that that didn't stop me from eating the 'food'...

One standard cheesebuger is $2.00AUD. The last time I bought one, they were $1.30AUD.

I am not pro McDonalds by no means, but the odd Big Mac does taste good now and again.

The "Big Mac Factor" could be a new way to determine a reccession...

The "Big Mac Factor" has been used for the last 20 years to gage costs around the world. They take the price of a #1 (Big Mac Combo) put it into the same dollar and check prices around the world.  10 years ago when I checked the price was 3.95 in the US, 4.95 here in Canada, 7.45 in Sweeden, 8.45 in Norway, 15.35 in Iceland, and 2.50 in Poland. All were in Canadian dollars and were priced within two months.

The Economist magazine periodically prints "The Big Mac index" to compare currencies.  See:

http://www.economist.com/finance/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9448015

for the most recent edition.

I just find it hard to believe anyone still eats the swill that passes for food at Rotten Ronnies! ;D

Big Mac is still one of the cheaper combo options on the menu board.  I can remember when the first McD opened in my hometown in the mid-1970s, the slogan was 'you can feed a family of 4 for under $5' and the sign said 'Over One Million Served'.

Back