• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bicycles and BMQ

Guy. E

Inactive
Reaction score
I have done a search regarding "Bicycles" on the forum main page and have checked with topics going back as far as August 05.

My Question is this:

I know at the beginning of basic we will have NO time to our selves. However near the mid/ end we have some free time. I would like to know what CF Policy would be regarding storing/ possesing a bicycle during BMQ. More specifically where a mid end (1.5K ish) bike could be stored inside/ locked up.

Also, since I will be spending BMQ and ACS training in Borden, what is base policy on riding bicycles around on and off of things?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Guy

Not sure about BMQ but in Borden there will be storage lockers in your mod(atleast in the one I was in) you could put your bike in that.

You can ride around the base, just don't **** around an try to do tricks or go down stairs, etc on the parts base like infront of CFSAL, etc.

Slim to none on the bike at St. Jean for BMQ.  Each course has a storage closet thats about 6 feet by 3 feet by 8 feet (roughly) for storage of everyone's civvy bags and clothing. You should have no problems with the bike when you reach Borden, but be sure you have a helmet because you can / will get ticketed for not having one.

MikeL said:
Not sure about BMQ but in Borden there will be storage lockers in your mod(atleast in the one I was in) you could put your bike in that.

You can ride around the base, just don't **** around an try to do tricks or go down stairs, etc on the parts base like infront of CFSAL, etc.

haha yep, almost broke the fork on my bike going off that step!

reccecrewman said:
Slim to none on the bike at St. Jean for BMQ.  Each course has a storage closet thats about 6 feet by 3 feet by 8 feet (roughly) for storage of everyone's civvy bags and clothing. You should have no problems with the bike when you reach Borden, but be sure you have a helmet because you can / will get ticketed for not having one.

Well, I know for sure that I am having my BMQ in Borden. If I leave my car/ truck/ motorcycle at home this will give me something to do and a quick way around base. I would just like to know if I can have one during Basic. It will probably be one of my first purchases with my career in the CF.

Edited for spelling

Well, if you are into Mountain biking, there is some fun trails around base(in the bush), you just have to find them. The roads on base arnt bad, and there are some walking paths that you can ride on that save some time. 

I could be mistaken, but I recall that you can / could sign out a bike at the gym for the day.

JSR OP said:
I could be mistaken, but I recall that you can / could sign out a bike at the gym for the day.

You can sign out bikes at most larger CF bases from sports stores with your military ID. Also, golf clubs, and baseball equipment!

I don't want to put a bicycle on loan through the kind of abuse that I want to do with my own bike. I don't think that it would look very good if I brought it back in 4 pieces with broken rims.

Back