• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Training Kit List

I've got a can of shave cream for my display kit. But for actual use I have shaving oil. It's 100% natural, so much better for your skin and you get 100 shaves out of a bottle that is about 2 inches high and fits in the palm of your hand.
Cheers!
Morgs

Well what do you do if your going on a reserve course where they may not be a canex. Should you just go off base on the weekends and get the things you need that way. ???

mygosh said:
hair spray on the bottom of your boots gives the bottom a nice shine but make sure its dry before you put it on the shelve or it'll stick and wet ones(almost like towelltes get the carbon off you weapons amazingly well and use foot power honestly or you'll get the worst blisters imaginable

I'll second that.

Of all the polish-the-bottoms schemes, hair spray works absolutely the best.  Just wash the bottom of the boot, allow it to dry...apply the spray & lay the boot on its side with the sole on a plastic bag (so the excess drips off).  When it drys, it looks polished, but you don't have to worry about leaving polish marks on the mopped floor when you put them on the next day.  The whole drying-thing takes time, but the application is only a few seconds.  Plus, while it's drying you can worry about other things...like folding that pair of underware into a 4x6 rectangle  ;D

Only problem...walking into Canex for hair spray when you have a shaved head.

McTeer on reserve BMQ you will not need all that stuff if you do it on weekends. Also I did my reserve QL2/QL3 in one summer, I never ironed anything or had to fold underwear into a 6 inch square, just no time or space.  :salute:

McTeer, your welcome, however you should check with your own unit to make sure you don't need that stuff before you go. Better safe than sorry  8)

Island Ryhno said:
McTeer on reserve BMQ you will not need all that stuff if you do it on weekends. Also I did my reserve QL2/QL3 in one summer, I never ironed anything or had to fold underwear into a 6 inch square, just no time or space.   :salute:

What?!?!

No folding of clothing into various shapes?!?!

Let me tell you...there is no pride like the pride that comes from an expertly folded pair of ginch placed on display for the DS...

there's ALWAYS time for Skiddie Origami  ;D

CHIMO,  Kat

Oh, I did a reg force Basic as well, I can make smiley sock faces with the best of em  ;D  My shirts are still in the same shape they were when I did basic, perfectly flat and brittle as crackers, gotta love starch!

Island Ryhno said:
McTeer, your welcome, however you should check with your own unit to make sure you don't need that stuff before you go. Better safe than sorry   8)

Ok will do

hey everybody a week left till bmq,

Buying the kit and read about the hairspray trick, went to the local shoppers drugmart and had no clue which hairspray is best to get.. Can someone please tell me which brand is the best for the boot trick?? Thanks.

CHEAP!!  Get it from the dollar store

CHIMO,  Kat

Oh so you mean any hair spray is good? I saw some which apparantly add shine from thermskin or whatever its called, thought about getting it. So any hairspray is good?

Another thing you might want to try is the Kiwi instant polish. It doesn't mark your floor and at the same time, doesn't shine the bottom of your boots. I've seen instructors threaten charges if the bottoms of boots were shiny. All depends on your staff I suppose.

If you put hairspray on the bottom of your boots, and you have a ceremonial parade outside, there is no effect is there?

Mike Bobbitt said:
For those about to embark on basic training, here are some items that may be useful to take along, regardless of trade or NCM/Officer designation:

• black boot polish (kiwi)
  • applicator brush (kiwi)
  • boot brush (kiwi)
  • Kiwi cloth (kiwi makes the best polishing stuff)
  • spending money in cash
  • calling card
  • liquid laundry soap
  • a black permanent marker
  • brasso
  • alarm clock (preferably small and battery operated)
  • comfortable running shoes
  • sewing kit (lots of needles)
  • good insoles
  • cards (just in case he gets free time)
  • swiffer pads
  • iron/spray starch
  • void cheque

are all those needed for PRes BMQ, the weekend course? anything needed to be added or taken off this list?

*BUMPING FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES*

Also wondering how they take the $250 back.. Is it all off your first pay or are they kind enough to seperate it over a few?

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I graduated BMQ on June 16, 2005 and am currently taking POET at CFSCE, CFB Kingston.

I scrubbed the bottoms of my boots with soap, water, and a brush.  (as we were told to do)  This makes them nice and black without being shiny.  Takes just a few minutes and it looks good.

The link for the official  kit list doesn't work, does anyone else have the kit list or a link to it ?

Back