• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Extra Kit

R

RJG

On the FAQs it states that you should bring some extra things along. Some of the things include a boot brush and polish etc. But I am not certain what "Brasso" or "Swiffer pads" are. And is there anything else that I should bring along taht is not included on the list?

black boot polish (kiwi)
applicator brush (kiwi)
boot brush (kiwi)
Kiwi cloth (kiwi makes the best polishing stuff)
spending money in cash
calling card
liquid laundry soap
a black permanent marker

brasso

alarm clock (preferably small and battery operated)
comfortable running shoes
sewing kit (lots of needles)
good insoles
cards (just in case he gets free time)

swiffer pads

iron/spray starch
void cheque

Brasso is brass polish. Make sure it‘s brasso you buy, don‘t buy the cheap stuff, it can result in corrosion.

Swiffer pads? They‘re those dusting cloth things.

bring bungee cord for your hoochies in the field, paracord for just misc tying of stuff. you might want a gerber as well since you won‘t be issued one on basic. Definitely WET NAPS, if you don‘t want to be swimming in sweat for days on end!!! Make sure u ahve lots of socks! some fabric softner sheets to put over the vents, cause rumor has it they have a dust machine that releases dust into your room via the vents. a bottle of windex. i always found a good pair of contact gloves were always handy!!! i don‘t know if they allow you to use camelbaks but when I was going through we weren‘t, but that would surely be something good to have.

Cheers

you dont get issued gerbers on basic. I was told some will be given one POSSIBLY for SQ, but thats still iffy.My particular unit doesnt issue them until your in the regiment (I think). From the tone of talk, im not expecting one any time soon.

Thanks all, but what is a "gerber" and what is a "box of circles?"

when I got kitted out last year, I was givin a gerber

RJG, a gerber is a multi-tool

as for a box of circles, no clue what that is/means

You could probably cut some out using the Gerber.

The Gerber is basic issue kit. Everyone here anyways, is issued a Gerber as part of their initial kit-up and has nothing to do with your unit. On my kit list for basic, a Gerber was to be on you (or a field knife) at all times.

A box of circles, that‘s classic! Bring some armor all wipes, it will keep the bottoms of your combats nice and shiny.

Back