• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bagpipe Music from Smokey Smith's Funeral

Gill557

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone could tell me which Bagpipe tunes were played during Smokey's funeral.  One of them stuck in my head and I was hoping to find out its name so I could get a copy.
It was played outside the church, and started by a lone piper before the entire pipes and drums joined in.

Any help would be appreciated.
:salute:

G-Man, unfortunately I didn't see Smokey's Funeral and do not know which pipe tune was played but from your description it sounds like Amazing Grace. This tune often begins with a solo Piper playing and then the rest of the band joins in. The Pipes and Drums of the 48th Highlanders have a fine rendition of this tune on their CD "Abide With Me".

Aye Dileas

Actually if memory serves the tune in question was "Highland Cathedral". It is a pretty popular tune so you should be able to find many recordings.

The Calgary Highlanders put it on their CD in 1990, played with the Carthy Organ as accompaniment.

Back