• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August BMQ- 2009

AJSP said:
Congrats Red Ranger, you will be there same time I am.  Hope to meet ya there.

That'll be awesome.  Hope to meet a bunch of great people.  What trade are you going for?

Just got my call!! Swearing in on August 10th, leaving on the 15th, course starts on the 24th!! I'm really excited, my trade is lineman! Any others on the 24th course?

Just got the call as well, August 24th start. Anyone wanting to carpool from Kingston/Toronto area? Going in as Supply Tech/Airforce.

RedRanger said:
Yee Haww!! Got my call and accepted the offer.  Flying out August 9th from Toronto to start the 10th.  I'm going for Nav Comm.

Probably going to be on the same plane as us lmao. Good to see another person on board.

I fly out from Vancouver August 8th and start the 10th, I get to spend a whole day (the 9th) doing who knows what. Hopefully I am not alone.

I also got my call today :D!! swearing in august 4th and leaving august 30 to start the 31st:D! Reg infantry from Ottawa.

Good to know that there will be another Navy person on the plane in flying out of Toronto. I will prolly see ya there  :salute:

How come you all know when your plane leaves... the CPL never discussed that with me, just asked if i wanted to go on the plane or drive lol

Geeze.

Guppy,
You will most likely receive your travel orders the day of your swearing in. My swearing in is July 23rd, BMQ Aug 10th.

Yea guppy they gave me my flight ticket on the day of swearing in, and they also give you a booklet that you fill out for other travel expenses.

Just wondering, I was not given a ticket per say but instead a confirmnation number, do I need to do anything special with this number? Or just have it ready when I go to the airport?

Thanks for anyone who would know this, if you guys don't ill call up the recruiting center.

Tempestshade said:
Just wondering, I was not given a ticket per say but instead a confirmnation number, do I need to do anything special with this number? Or just have it ready when I go to the airport?

Thanks for anyone who would know this, if you guys don't ill call up the recruiting center.
With an airline confirmation number that is the number that your ticket is "stored" under. All you do is either give the number to the ticket agent or input it into one of the self-serve counters they have at the airport.

Good luck with your course.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Only time I have taken a plane before was when I was very young, so as with joining the military, airports and such are new to me.

Clove Hitch said:
Guppy,
You will most likely receive your travel orders the day of your swearing in. My swearing in is July 23rd, BMQ Aug 10th.

Kudos, what is your course number do you know? And I guess i'll see you there!

Got the call on Friday (17 July). Looks like i'll be sworn in (again) on 24 July, and BMQ starts 10 August.

Also, going SigOp (again).

Sweet!

Xarak said:
Good to know that there will be another Navy person on the plane in flying out of Toronto. I will prolly see ya there  :salute:

What trade are you going for, Xarak?

Back