• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August BMQ- 2009

Johnson101 said:
Just got my offer today Swearing in July 23rd in London, BMQ starts August 17th...........FINALLY!

I'm sworn in on the 28th, Aug 17th BMQ, and I'm headed out west with the PPCLI.

Welcome to the August 17th BMQ crew! I dunno about you guys, but physical fitness has suddenly become a big priority for me. I should probably jump in a pool sometime and make sure I remember how to swim too...

Im heading out of Halifax, on the 9th though. Im from Pictou, How about you?

How do you know your going the PPCLI in the west? Did they tell you at your CFRC? I'd love to know what I'm getting. Im Hoping for Pet.

:cdn: R.I.P Cpl. Nicholas Bulger  :cdn:

AJSP said:
Im heading out of Halifax, on the 9th though. Im from Pictou, How about you?

How do you know your going the PPCLI in the west? Did they tell you at your CFRC? I'd love to know what I'm getting. Im Hoping for Pet.

I'm from Kingston.

I can't speak for any other trade, but about the first thing I was asked when I told them I wanted the Infantry was which regiment I'd prefer. I believe they try to give you the one you ask for, but obviously you go where the requirements of the service dictate. My joining instructions tell me I've been offered INFMN - PPCLI. Uniform: Land.

I gather it's the same thing with picking a battalion, only it's even more subject to the demands of the service - I was told I was most likely to end up in whichever battalion was headed out next after I finished battle school. No idea how it works when there aren't deployments to consider. Unlike your regiment, however, it is possible to switch battalions later on, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I didn't get my choice, which was 3rd battalion - I won't be finished training till long after they rotate into Afghanistan. That is not of course to imply that any battalion is better than another, but all things being equal, I'd prefer to be light infantry.

I should probably jump in a pool sometime and make sure I remember how to swim too...
Better yet, a lake, especially if your past swimming experience is limited to artificial bodies of water. It's a lot more intimidating when you can't see the bottom ><

Go the call on the 3rd, enrolment ceremony July 23, London recruiting office, start BMQ August 17, 2009- Air Element- Med Tech

anyone else from the August 17 BMQ email me at netti_whit@hotmail.com

Thanks for the info starseed. They never said which unit wehn they spoke we me about the job offer. Just when, where and  land element and wearing a uniform. Im joining as a crewman, so to my knowlwdge Petawawa and Wainwright are the two bases of choice I believe.
  I'm hoping for Pet for a couple reasons.
    Its closer to the east coast. I've lived in Alberta already. Got some friends there. Fiance has some family in Ottawa and area. And I hear hunting and fishing is good :)

May not be most peoples reasons for wanting a certian CFB. But their my reasons.

:salute: Congrats locklady, Med Tech will most likely be an awesome career  :cdn:

The CFRC usually can not tell you what unit you will be going to.  In your case, as an Armour Crewman, they can give you an idea of what the postings are; Edmonton, Petawawa, Valcartier, and Gagetown.  For Infantry, they can indicate where the Bns are located; Edmonton, Shilo, Petawawa, Valcartier and Gagetown.  They can not guarantee you any unit or posting.  That comes well after you have PASSED your BMQ in St Jean and then neared completion of your Trades Training.  It is near the end of your Trades Training, when the CF now knows it has a successful candidate, that they will give you three choices of postings; but they will also know what unit desperately needs people.  I have seen whole courses that were designated as RCD when they started, but all badged LdSH (RC) on graduation, and vice versa. 

It is when you finally approach the end of your Trades Training when you will have a good idea of what unit you will be posted to; NOT BEFORE.

hey just want to say congrats to everyone for being accepted. my enrolment ceremony is on august 7th, and i leave winnipeg for st. jean on august 23rd, and start training on the 24th. is anyone here starting august 24th?  im going as artillery soldier field.

Thanks George Wallace. I figured I would not know in till way past my BMQ.

Hello, I'm Michelle... I will be leaving out of Halifax on August 23rd to start the 24th BMQ. Just got the call, yay.

bradlupa said:
Hey Alex, I am on Aug 3rd BMQ, But swearing in is not on July 8th, are you driving or taking train. Because you have to go right by where I live in Port Hope.  But I will email you

Hey - as far as i know im gonna be flying - but I will let you know tomorrow as my enrollment date is in less than 12 hours :)

Johnson101 said:
Anyone swearing in on July 23rd in London, or starting bmq August 17th??

Yep, myself and a couple of others from a page or two back are heading out for the 17th. Looking forward to it?

Just received my call today from CFRC Toronto.
Going Infantry and Swearing In on the 19th of August and starting BMQ on the 24th (0278).

LiquidSquid said:
Yep, myself and a couple of others from a page or two back are heading out for the 17th. Looking forward to it?

Oh yeah I am.....it's been such a long process for me and I can't believe it's finally going to begin.

Yee Haww!! Got my call and accepted the offer.  Flying out August 9th from Toronto to start the 10th.  I'm going for Nav Comm. 

Congrats Red Ranger, you will be there same time I am.  Hope to meet ya there.

LiquidSquid said:

I'm sworn in on the 28th of July (Halifax) and BMQ starts on August 17th (get sent out on the 16th)..anyone else here from Halifax leaving that date?

Heyy,
My course number is 0272E, on the 3rd of August, I am now a PteR haha. Just wanted to let you all know.

Back