• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August BMQ- 2009

AJSP said:
Hello everybody,

I just got my call this morning for a job offer. Armored crewmen. Sworn in July 23 at CFRC Halifax. Fly out to BMQ St. Jean August 9th to start on the 10th. I am very excited,nervous and all those other good emotions.
  I think I may have waited a bit long to join as I just turned 25. But better late then never. Anybody else heading on on that date? I've seen a couple fellas , anybody from Nova Scotia?

What has everybody been doing for prep work? I took swimming lesson and started hitting the gym!

Good luck everybody!

Please tell me you're 0274!!! PLEASE!

As of now I do not know yet. When I find out I will let you know though.

Ahh, call your CFRC. Ask them what it is they can tell you now or you wait till July. either or.

xxmixkexx said:
I just got called for my BMQ which starts august 10th anyone else have the same date?

Hey man Im Andrew Smith, from Barrie Ontario. I leave August 10th as well chances are I'll see you up there.

So Im not sure my Course # Yet but Im being Sworn in July 23rd CF Downtown Barrie. I leave August 10th Anyone leaving the same day add me to MSN. Drew2002n@hotmail.com
Hope to see you guys down there and Im excited to meet you all.

I leave for St Jean aug 8th and I am on course Aug 10th. Infantry PPCLI. Just gotta get rid of these shin splints before I leave.

That is funny everyone is on Aug 10th course and no one is on the Aug 3rd course.  Now I just have to get rid of this virus that I have contracted.  Doc is not sure what is it, but he put me on liquid Penicilin and Amoxicilin.  Can't go near my wife, worried I  might give it to her.  And with her being pregnant don't want that. 

To be honest I have about an extra 10 pounds of a B&B gut to get rid of ( Beer & Big Macs ) I brought back home from living out west in Alberta.

still no one else on course 0274 ?? aug 10 come on? any buyers.

I live in kitchener and Toronto. . but my enrollement date is July 8th at the Toronto CFRC.. anyone gonna be there? Its confirmed that im leaving august 2nd for august 3rd bmq. After I will be RCR and Going Infantry. Course #  0272

Ruski said:
I live in kitchener and Toronto. . but my enrollement date is July 8th at the Toronto CFRC.. anyone gonna be there? Its confirmed that im leaving august 2nd for august 3rd bmq. After I will be RCR and Going Infantry. Course #  0272

I really feel for you.  You are going to miss Oktoberfest.    :'(

yeah, unless i go to WPC for 90 days ;) and than hopefully wait for next BMQ to start after october fest ;) hehe

@Ruski,

Warrior Training I think is good. Because it gives everyone a chance i just don't understand how you fail, the shuttle run.

As of this time, nothing is official.

But,

I was informed this week that my medical clearance from Ottawa should get here anytime now and in the meantime I have had a spot held for me. August 9th. A Sunday.

This was told to me over the phone and there nothing on paper as far as I know.

It's not a stretch for me to imagine spots held before all the paperwork is done. Especially if there a need for hands in the trade one has applied for.

There shouldn't be any snags as far my medical clearance goes.

August 9th ... presumably.

------

I can't wait. I'm going to become the biggest kit geek I can be.

So far I am having a hard time finding a toothbrush case and soap case in the same colour.
Is duct tape a colour?

750ml is a lot of shampoo for men that shave their heads don't you think?

----------

I'm hoping to have a quick and efficient kit. Problem is I shave my head when I shave my face so I'm going to have to work out some sort of speed shaving for that.

Where you flying in from Clove Hitch?

Cluett said:
@Ruski,

Warrior Training I think is good. Because it gives everyone a chance i just don't understand how you fail, the shuttle run.

Yeah, well im never into the habit of octoberfest, so im not gonna fail the express test.. but i was just saying if i did wanna make it for octboerfest i can fail the shuttle run.

As for warrior training, your still getting paid fulltime anyway so and your still in army - i dont see any major drawbacks except getting more fit and maybe not going on bmq this month but next.. anyway.. Good luck to all here and you can hit me up if you want.

@ Clove Hitch - for me it was the say way - I had a spot reserved for August 3rd, but when my medical came in it took about a week for me to get the Email..

AJSP

I'll be there from Thunder Bay, On.

Ruski, where are you from? As for any delays, I will make sure to call the CFRC next week every other day at least.

Whats everybody on BMQ August doing? Im going Armour.

Back