• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August BMQ- 2009

Im going for infantry, then I will be in RCR after all my training.  Im from cambridge ontario and I did my processing in kitchener

hey, we might be in the same Company... Im RCR to my friend!

i just hope that our intake is on a week were we will be on the lower level of the barracks as i would not want to be on the top floor.

From what i have heard each floor is an intake week...correct me if i'm wrong please but if so if we are unfortunate and the 12th floor just graduated from basic well you guess it the 12th floor it is hope you like stairs

Cluett said:
hey, we might be in the same Company... Im RCR to my friend!

We could be!  Good luck!  How are you getting there? Are you taking the train as well?

No, i'm taking the airplane. How many hours I don't know. I have a phobia of them. But hey... Air france right??? eek anyways, got msn? or anything? add me david.cluett@gmail.com

But hey you have to get used to the flying eh?\

I got some tips for BMQ

Thats kinda funny you fly but I take the train and we only live an hour apart.  But personally I would rather take the train anyway so im happy :D

i guess, we'll be sharing the plane together than ahahaha. im doing the same thing dude. you talk to cronc (spelling?)

Is anyone leaving for the August 3rd BMQ, from Nova Scotia/Halifax specifically?
I am quite confused as to what to bring with me? Do all my civilian clothes have to be 'dress'.
On week one can I wear Jeans? Or should I go and buy myself a pair of dress pants to wear?
Do I receive socks and the likes when I get there as part of kit?

haha, its the little things that are getting to me now.

Thanks,
David

As far as i know just the swearing in is Formal. rest is history.\

EDIT: who's going to be in 0274 ???

tempestshade here is your answer for what to wear.

Dress:
When you show up at CFLRS, you must wear appropriate and comfortable clothes to be able to walk long distances when doing your arrival procedures. The following types of clothing are strongly recommended:

Male candidates:
Shirt and/or pull, clean pants and shoes (comfortable clothes)
Female candidates:
Blouse and pants, shoes (comfortable clothes).
The "platform and high heels" shoes are not allowed.
Top of Page

Hey I'm just wondering if you guys can let me know when you had finished with your applications? What was the waiting time between your, medical,CFAT,interview until you were told when you were leaving?

I will be finished with my application today at 7:30 am when I drop off a letter from my doctor and I was hoping to make it in for mid to late aug, BMQ...If there is one. Just curious on what my chances are!

Thanks, good luck and have fun! :)
Travis

it depends on the medical situation at work here, if there is infact nothing wrong could take days. sometimes weeks the RMO worked magic for me i got merit listed in under seven days and got my job offer on the seventh day. So i guess it all depends... Best of luck my friend.

Cluett said:
It depends on the medical situation at work here.  If there is in fact nothing wrong, it may could take days; sometimes weeks.  The RMO worked magic for me.  I got merit listed in under seven days and got my job offer on the seventh day. So I guess it all depends... Best of luck my friend.

>:D

Can you try to use correct spelling and grammar so others in the future can find answers to questions that you have asked?

ahhh geeze  :-[ I'll remember that for next time.

Note to self... Watch out for George Wallace.

Please don't edit my personal story, that would be a nightmare.

Aahahahah.

Who is on course #0273.

I was posted to the Air Force.  Yay! What I wanted

bradlupa said:
Who is on course #0273.

I was posted to the Air Force.  Yay! What I wanted

Posted to the Air Force??  Or given the Air element uniform?

dang, no one on here is on the same course...  :mad: guess im going to meet everyone there... with the exception of Kyle. One person, who i'll probably be sharing the plane with.

Hello everybody,

I just got my call this morning for a job offer. Armored crewmen. Sworn in July 23 at CFRC Halifax. Fly out to BMQ St. Jean August 9th to start on the 10th. I am very excited,nervous and all those other good emotions.
  I think I may have waited a bit long to join as I just turned 25. But better late then never. Anybody else heading on on that date? I've seen a couple fellas , anybody from Nova Scotia?

What has everybody been doing for prep work? I took swimming lesson and started hitting the gym!

Good luck everybody!

Back