• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AUG 19th - BMQ

WatsUUuup!

Artillery here. Coming from Ottawa so the family will only be 2.5 hours away, which makes me a happy boy.
I look forward to meeting my new family there!! We gonna get through it, make memories, and learn things about ourselves we never knew we had!

Cant wait to find success with you all.

korwynkim said:
Infantry seems to be really popular. I thought Canada moved out of Afghanistan?

The last Roto is going on now. I would assume that since there is no more deployments in sight and young men seeing the oil fields in Northern Alberta they discharge when there contract is up. You make 3x more starting off up there on a site/rig then you do as a (Pte) in the Army.

Guys contact one of us by messaging so we can add you to our Facebook group for our August 19th BMQ recruits.  :cdn:

Also, yes Canada (for the most part), has left Afghanistan, yet some remain to train/observe, etc..
Mhm, no forseeable chances for deployment, however I have heard some rumors that Syria could be the next location in the future. Not now though. And those are only rumors, nothing that you should trust fully.

Verge1993 said:
The last Roto is going on now. I would assume that since there is no more deployments in sight and young men seeing the oil fields in Northern Alberta they discharge when there contract is up. You make 3x more starting off up there on a site/rig then you do as a (Pte) in the Army.

Do you really have to continue this constant input of drivel?  You are not serving and are doing nothing but speculating.  In the future, if you have nothing credible to introduce to the conversation, DON'T!

B.Dias said:
Guys contact one of us by messaging so we can add you to our Facebook group for our August 19th BMQ recruits.  :cdn:

Unfortunately I'm not the facebook type. Hell, I guess I'll just save my introductions for basic.

B.Dias said:
Also, yes Canada (for the most part), has left Afghanistan, yet some remain to train/observe, etc..
Mhm, no forseeable chances for deployment, however I have heard some rumors that Syria could be the next location in the future. Not now though. And those are only rumors, nothing that you should trust fully.

No worries. I'd like to get a few years of training under my belt before I start getting shot at.

Dlaws90 said:
Unfortunately I'm not the facebook type. Hell, I guess I'll just save my introductions for basic.

No worries. I'd like to get a few years of training under my belt before I start getting shot at.

Well we will see you at basic my friend.. very exciting time for us.

Holy moley Curious George. Seems like you got a real case of bein a jackass. How bout this; I want you to read this in your mothers voice ok?

George,, If you dont have anything nice to write, dont write anything at all.

108 Stitches said:
Holy moley Curious George. Seems like you got a real case of bein a jackass. How bout this; I want you to read this in your mothers voice ok?

Maybe you should have taken your own advice, 108 Stitches - a bit of radio silence for you to read (and maybe think) more and post less.

Milnet.ca Staff

108 Stitches said:

That made me laugh..

Now that Im no longer muted, but require approval before a post is allowed. I would like to use respect and articulation to say that I stand by my original comment, although different vocabulary would have been mere affective. There is no need for anyone, from any walk of life, to talk (or type) down to another individual in these circumstances. These are conversations that are chosen to be read by people that can only view them by consciously clicking on the thread. George is clearly an individual that is curious as to what is being written regarding things that seemingly have nothing to do with him, and if I didnt know better (which i dont) Id say that Curious George was just clicking on this thread looking for an opportunity to talk down (or type down) to a person like Verge. Whether it be that Curious George is an old war-hardend gritty guy that is frustrated by young punk recruits like us,,, or just a jaded guy that likes picking on people on line - I have no idea and would never dream of making that assumption.

Regardless, Verge seems to be a guy excited about going to BMQ, hes sharing information that he feels is relevant, and that information is nothing more than available for us as intelligent human beings to read and either blindly believe at face value, or take into consideration while we do our own research. To describe it as 'constant drivel' is out of line and a great display of a person that doesnt have the self control of choosing NOT to click on a thread, and choosing NOT to read a comment. I recognize that 'jackass' was not the terminology that I should have used as it suggests that I am personally disrespecting the individual that is George Wallace - that was not my intention, my intention was to describe the isolated action of clicking, reading, and replying to, a harmless comment with nothing more than malicious motives.

Ive spent entirely far too much time on this. Have a nice day.

B.Dias said:
I'm flying out of Vancouver on August 17th for Infantry, PPCLI!
I'm very excited to meet all of you and begin our military experiences together.

I swear in at New West. on the 7th and fly out the 17th also. Coming from Vancouver for Aug. 19th BMQ. PPCLI as well. Looking forward to training alongside you all.

Frost said:
I swear in at New West. on the 7th and fly out the 17th also. Coming from Vancouver for Aug. 19th BMQ. PPCLI as well. Looking forward to training alongside you all.

A British Columbian with the same trade/regiment as me! Great! I swear in on the 9th in New West however. I am guessing they are fairly private? Maybe a few people, I don't know.. 

Hi guys !

I just came back from my Sworn and im heading St-Jean with you :) !

I signed as Med Tech for 6 years but i guess I won't be with you because i'm French :(

jgardstein said:
Going on August 19 for Infantry aswell. Flying in from Toronto.

Nice! I'll be coming from Toronto too. Maybe we will be on the same flight.

Flying out from Kelowna for BMQ. Trade = ACIS. See you guys there. Almost time.

Well guys we all fly to St. Jean tomorrow. The day has finally come!

Back