• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Ottawa Chapter

I arrive at 1740 (ish) with a Canjet flight to which I havent the flight number...

And of course I'm in.

as for picking me up well, who knows... Des?

*Edit: The wife being the lurker that she is has informed me that it is flight #185

RossF said:
Arrrgghhh, why can't I live in Ottawa?

Because it costs too much and you'll have to stop shining your shoes.
(Oops!  Outside voice again... :-[)

I love living in Ottawa, especially the drunken OC transpo ride home  ;D

big bad john said:
In case you are looking for your party, I'll be the lad in the kilt.

But then you will blend in with all the Lassies who serve the liquids with which we wish to imbibe.....

Please remember that we are meeting on the 24th of July, Gibraltar Day to all the RM out there.  The anniversary of the capture of Gibraltar: 

The Capture of Gibraltar - 24 July 1704

The famous attack upon Gibraltar, which led to its surrender to the British, on 24 July 1704 was carried out by a brigade of British and Dutch Marines, 1,800 strong, under the command of Prince George of Hesse-Darmstadt. In the following October, Gibraltar was besieged by the French and Spanish. The Marine brigade, which had been reinforced shortly before by a further 400 Marines from the British Fleet, held the fortress against repeated attacks until the siege was raised on 9 March 1705. In one incident in this fighting, Captain Fisher of the Marines with 17 of his men, successfully defended the Round Tower against the continued assaults of 500 French Grenadiers. A contemporary report of this noted defence says,
"Encouraged by the Prince of Hesse, the garrison did more than could humanly be expected, and the English Marines gained an immortal glory.

So the first drink of the night is on me.

HitorMiss said:
I arrive at 1740 (ish) with a Canjet flight to which I havent the flight number...

And of course I'm in.

as for picking me up well, who knows... Des?

*Edit: The wife being the lurker that she is has informed me that it is flight #185

I will be at the airport to pick you up.  I'll be the one in the kilt with the sign saying "Hit or Miss" since I don't have your real name.  I have a vehicle for baggage.  Sig_Des has indicated that he might show up at YOW and join us there.  From YOW we will proceed to Darcy's to RV with everyone else.

Do we have a reservation at Darcy's and do we need one?

Seems prudent to reserve a spot, seeing as a more then 4 people are saying they will attend.

So I just called to book a reservation, and the guy says, "are you with Big Bad John? Because he just called 10 minutes ago to book it"

Well done John  ;)

I can probably swing on down. If you keep the meathead jokes to a dull roar. Or if you want I can tell a few new ones.  ;)

Well...if you are in Ottawa....then if you are reading this....you will probably be fashionably late....  ;D

Put down that mouse......hands off the keyboard.....log off......shut down and get out of that stuffy old room......can't you smell that beer?.......It has your name on it......

Well, after a few pints and a generous round from the Big Bad John,
it was nice to meet you all.
HoM, give 'em hell.

Home by 12:30? What kind of get together is that?  ;D

Well you see my private jet just wasn't in Edmonton tonight, so I couldn't make it in time.

As promised, here are a few photos from last night:

main.php

L to R: Poppa, big bad john, Sig_Des, HitorMiss, Rice0031, George Wallace

main.php

big bad john promises to call and coordinate outfits better next time

main.php

HoM shows off his patented "Magnum" look

Thanks for an enjoyable evening all, and the donation - though not necessary - is very much appreciated!

Cheers
Mike

Back