• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Meeting & Greeting in Toronto

Way to go Mike!
I think Danjanou has deserted us and gone out East to organize the Halifax M&G!  ::)

D Squared said:
Way to go Mike!
I think Danjanou has deserted us and gone out East to organize the Halifax M&G!  ::)
TN2IC has it going good from what I hear  ;)

What am I the only person here that can call a bar and book a table? Geez and they call me retarded.

Clearly no one else has the forthought or initiative to step up Danjanou......

HitorMiss said:
Clearly no one else has the forthought or initiative to step up Danjanou......

Ah gha!!

We have an organizer!!!

Get down here brother and let's get the army dot see eh crowd a drinkin'

dileas

tess

ps, I owe D D a bracelet...I can give to her then.

I think you should all come up here and help me get rid of the vino collapso and beer that the movers won't move (they will only move 144 empty bottles) and help me empty out the freezer of deer and moose meat and arctic char that the movers will also not move and use up the propane that they also won't move by BBQ-ing said meat...(this is not a trick to get ppl up here to help move...honest...LOL)

Hey I don't mind putting in a day schlumping boxes in exchange for booze and wild game BBQ 8)

Mike Baker said:
TN2IC has it going good from what I hear  ;)

We a blinging here....  ;D

I must be good tomorrow due to I have to work on Sunday. So WINGS for me!

I looked at the Halifax M&G picturE
TN21C, I didn't see your Wings  ???
Looks like you guys were having a blast [sarcasm]...
it was nice to put the name(s) behind the face(s), as it were, but,
you guys have to learn how to party!  You're in Halifax for crying out loud. 
You are more than welcome to the next Toronto SMOKER which, from what I understand, HitorMiss is organizing  ;D
D2
Note to proudnurse & Mike Baker:  I think Mr. Keith took the night off  ;)

After the successful Ottawa M&G and mariomike's comment in the More and more funnies.. vol: something... thread, I thought I would look this discussion up.

It's been more than 2 years since anyone asked if Toronto wanted a M&G. With mariomike starting the question off, I thought this would be the best place to follow it up and check to see if there is enough interest in organizing one.

Yes, if I'm around on the date selected, and not nightflying.

I could be coerced if there is strong drink involved.  8)

If looking at dates would help in deciding to attend, how does this look?

- Friday evening 13 Nov 09,
or
- Friday evening 29 Jan 10

These dates are far enough in advance for people to check and see if they can make it.

Depending which pub we chose, things would start around 7pm.

It's hard to believe, but my neighbourhood was "dry" ( ie: the sale of alcohol was banned ) until after 2000. But, not anymore, that's for sure. Although the park, even though it has a restaurant and banquet hall, is still dry.
This is a local watering hole in the village on the Bloor Line:
http://www.yellowgriffinpub.com/index.html

Lurking; lurking within an hours drive ...

Dependant upon the dates (and whether it`s dry or not) I`m in!! I will not be behaving next time.  8)

Possibly....if nearby accommodation can be found.

All subject to change as I will be in Windsor on 9Nov09 to see if cataract(s) are ready yet.

Cheers,

tango22a

P.S. Yellow Griffin looks good....tanks MM!

With 6 people interested and an additional 2 maybe, it sounds like there is enough interest for a M&G in Toronto on the 13th November 2009, starting at 7pm. I just spoke with the Yellow Griffin Pub and they have room to take our reservation and put us upstaris for that date.

I will give this a week for feedback and if it sounds good to everyone, I will confirm the reservation next Thrusday.

tango22a said:
Possibly....if nearby accommodation can be found.
All subject to change as I will be in Windsor on 9Nov09 to see if cataract(s) are ready yet.
Cheers,
tango22a
P.S. Yellow Griffin looks good....tanks MM!

I hope that you can make it, Tango22A. I spoke to my wife, and you are invited to use our guestroom. The owners of the Yellow Griffen are very nice. I don't go there very often, but my father was one of their regulars and they came to his funeral. 

Back