• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Meeting & Greeting in Toronto

kratz said:
I just called the pub. They will allow you there as long as you do not drink, IAW provincial liquor laws.

They make a wicked Shirley Temple.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Temple_cocktail

Matt: I am not comfortable with a sixteen-year-old just showing up to this. I see too much potential for problems. We, and possibly the Site and its owner, could be held liable were something - and I am not necessarily thinking that you would cause a problem - to happen.  I would feel better if one of your parents came in with you and met the group at the start, or perhaps if you at least had a note from your parents indicating that they were happy with your attendance. If it's okay with them, then by all means join us.

General consensus at all previous events was that the Liquour Laws have to be followed.  Underaged members were not encouraged to attend, and to wait until they were of legal age.

There is one exception of which I am aware, but he was well known to us - and a bit over sixteen.

I have re-thought my note suggestion, though - I want to see at least one parent show up, and preferably stick around.

Guys and Girls:

Sitting here sweating and then shivering with the odd dash to the porcelain God. I wouldn't wish this on a snake.

Since I don't desire to pass this on to anyone, please accept my regrets for being unable to attend.

Maybe next time!

tango22a

Get well Tango, we'll see you next time. I may bail as well. D9er is pissed I've been out 2 nights in a row and to be honest after Remberance Day and a night out with Old Sweat last night at the RCMI I'm kind of bagged.

tango22a said:
Guys and Girls:

Sitting here sweating and then shivering with the odd dash to the porcelain God. I wouldn't wish this on a snake.

Since I don't desire to pass this on to anyone, please accept my regrets for being unable to attend.

Maybe next time!

tango22a

Take care Tango- take lots and lots of fluids. I was thinking of attending but am just getting over something too  .... so better to stay home in flu season!
Sorry to say though, if you put me in a room full of snake-like taliban insurgents, I'd gladly spit, breathe, cough, sneeze all over them as revenge for Canada's Fallen (just want to mention, for those who don't know, that I'm speaking as a civilian Canadian--I'm not a CF member).

...and a night out with Old Sweat last night at the RCMI I'm kind of bagged.

Danjanou,

I was at the RCMI lecture given by Old Sweat last night too.  Where were you sitting?  I was the good-looking guy at the back of the room.

Cheers,
Dan.

exspy said:
Danjanou,

I was at the RCMI lecture given by Old Sweat last night too.  Where were you sitting?  I was the good-looking guy at the back of the room.

Cheers,
Dan.

Are you me? I must have a split personality.  8)

I was the good looking guy at the back in the bespoke tailored grey armani suit and regimental tie, late seen pling the speaker with cheap over priced hootch in the long bar.

I have one of those in my collection, like Journeyman I suffer from Career/Regimental Defeict Disorder.

Colours clashed with that particular suit though. 8)

Hoping all you thrashers have a Great Time tonight. With Army Vern there is there any doubt???

Feeling a lot better. Thera-flu has kicked in finally.

Wish I could have been there.

Cheers,

tango22a

Ok, thanks anyways. Maybe for the next Meet and Greet we could get some coffee or something :p let me know, thanks matt.

With my poor navigation skills, I'm glad I'm not a MARS. But I did find the place before Mike and his 9er arrived. Otis and another PO2 were already there tucking into their first drink. So the five of us enjoyed company, compared coins and had some fun stories. Overall the event ran for two hours.

Some people were asked about and missed, but maybe next.

kratz said:
Overall the event ran for two hours.

And was over before I got there...

I did get a great parking spot right in front of the place, though.

Kratz:

Maybe you should invest in a Garmin Nav System. I know mine has saved my butt more than once, especially in Ottawa.

Cheers,

tango22a

Loachman:  Did you come in on the back of your Sperwer?.....J/K

kratz said:
With my poor navigation skills, I'm glad I'm not a MARS. But I did find the place before Mike and his 9er arrived. Otis and another PO2 were already there tucking into their first drink. So the five of us enjoyed company, compared coins and had some fun stories. Overall the event ran for two hours.
Some people were asked about and missed, but maybe next.

My wife and I were very pleased to meet you, Kratz as well as Otis and the other PO2. 
Sorry we missed you, Loachman, Tango22A and Danjanou and any others that could not attend.

Three of us are middelin, one had to catch a flight and one had to drive. The remaining two had to open a business. So armature for a M&G, ok we forgot to take photos.  ::) As mentioned, we all brought our coins and showed 'em. I bought a pitcher for those drinking and we enjoyed some good stories.

Someone
(not a member), learned that navy.ca was NOT a sex meeting site.  ;D

kratz said:
ok we forgot to take photos.
Oh, that means it didn't happen then!  ;)

kratz said:
Someone (not a member), learned that navy.ca was NOT a sex meeting site.  ;D
Too funny, although, I have to admit, when you see a thread titled "Navy Lifestyle", you gotta wonder.  ;D

Back