• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Chat [merged]

Mr Bobbit,

I know it has been down since 2000 hrs, anything farther back I could not tell you.

HitorMiss said:
Is it just me and my system or is the chat room down?....If it's me no big I'm sure I can figure it out.

If not and no one had noticed yet then I guess I provided a service...Oooohhhh Loookkkeee I'm useful ;D

OMG  chat is down...

where is HoM going to sit and complain all night long????  ;)

Or hit on Card_11 or Camochick, or Muffin, or armyvern...

Alright, I'll use the Microsoft school of troubleshooting and reboot the server to see if that hepls. Back in 5.

Ok, it's back, but went down under some very suspicious circumstances. Investigating now...

Mike Bobbitt said:
Ok, it's back, but went down under some very suspicious circumstances. Investigating now...

I would like to nominate Hit or Miss (HoM)
to be the scapegoat for chat breaking....

I need a seconder!

Somebody getting blamed for breaking something, and it's not me???

HoM did it!!!!

I did not break it.. I was smart and made the little brother buy me dinner since he was in town..  ;D YAY..

Oh ya Padre...very funny..  :p

I did not break the chat......

*note to self, delay plan obfuscate by 2 weeks*

HitorMiss said:
I did not break the chat......

*note to self, delay plan obfuscate by 2 weeks*

It was more than likely Sig_Des...cause he didn't have my computer around to break today... ;)

armyvern said:
It was more than likely Sig_Des...cause he didn't have my computer around to break today... ;)

I admit nothing....

Polka Roo is a good one to blame, though...If not Card...Card's devious

Sig_Des said:
I admit nothing....

Polka Roo is a good one to blame, though...If not Card...Card's devious

Des... what ever gave you that idea?..  ;D

All,

I've noticed a disturbing trend in the chat room recently in that some conversations seem to steer towards innuendo and generally inappropriate topics. Please keep in mind that the chat room was set up for Army.ca users to discuss relevant topics and is subject to all the same Conduct Guidelines that the rest of the site is.

Running a chat room is a bit of a risk in terms of liability, so please let common sense prevail and use the privilege respectfully. If the chat room becomes a problem, it will have to be shut down. I don't think anyone wants that, so please keep it clean and dignified.

Thanks
Mike

Mike is there a way for the DS to lock down the chat room in case this sort of situation arises?

I can honestly say that I an a culprit of this, and for that I apologise.

I Shall endeavour to keep things and conversation in the right place.

You need to be very careful about this, IMO.  If you turn the chat into a church meeting, it will perish.  While I find army talk infinitely interesting, if you want a think tank/study hall atmosphere, may as well shut 'er down now.  ALL chat between groups of adults degenerates to two topics after a while; feces and sex.

Yes that it does but we also have cadets and interested kids that frequent the chat room so a certain degree of responsibility and decorum should be maintained at all times. In essence folks police yourselves because what it might boil down to is have a chat room open when there is a mod around or willing to host for awhile. We don't want it to go that way and I know the chatters do not but.....

Back