• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Chat [merged]

Journeyman said:
   I guess it's 'cause we're too sweet & innocent.

Speak of the sweet and innocent and I shall appear.  Although I could shift the blame, as others have tried to do, and blame it on being led down the garden path, I too have been part of the uncouth crowd.  So since they have said their parts well, ditto to Card and Camochick's comments.

armyvern said:
How the heck did my name manage to be left off the list here? Perhaps I hid too well behind HorM's unused BEWs??

I apologize Mike. I am the worst offender.

and

Journeyman said:
I agree Vern. I feel slighted too.  :'(   I guess it's 'cause we're too sweet & innocent.

Oh, don't think that I consider you two above reproach...You're two of the worst offenders, after HoM and myself, of course.  :D

Actually, I think a worthy punishment would be for Mike to get some strings pulled, and have all of us posted to an isolated post, like Italy, or Australia, somewhere were the sun would punish us all, and then give us control of the mess, and not give us internet access...We're happy, everyone else will remain unoffended... It could Work!

seriously though, I'll try to cut down on the innappropriate innuendo and such....I won't type it, but you'll all know that I'm thinking it really hard!

Sig_Des said:
Actually, I think a worthy punishment would be for Mike to get some strings pulled, and have all of us posted to an isolated post, like Italy, or Australia,

I think that would solve the problem. Can I tag along as the civilian observer?

Journeyman said:
I agree Vern. I feel slighted too.  :'(  I guess it's 'cause we're too sweet & innocent.

I can accept responsility for many things, but being sweet and innocent isn't one of them. >:D  I too am guilty as charged; I'd hate to do anything that would result in long time members getting in trouble or worse having their chat taken away. Just new here and following the flow of things.

Sig_Des said:
don't think that I consider you two above reproach...
Oh come on now Des. You say that like anyone....ANYONE... gives a rat's buttock for a Jimmy's opinion. Ever since that "I don't understand it, the radios worked fine in the desert" debacle.....    ;)

Journeyman said:
Oh come on now Des. You say that like anyone....ANYONE... gives a rat's buttock for a Jimmy's opinion. Ever since that "I don't understand it, the radios worked fine in the desert" debacle.....    ;)

Well, you don't get to come to Australia with the rest of us disturbed and depraved, and you know why?

"You didn't check that the antenna was properly connected, sir"  >:D

I think...

The UN should vote and send delegates.. lets say.. a peacekeeping
force INTO the chat to ensure that all sides agree by the binding
arbitration put forth in the rules and user agreements of army.ca.  :p

Sig_Des said:
Actually, I think a worthy punishment would be for Mike to get some strings pulled, and have all of us posted to an isolated post, like Italy, or Australia, somewhere were the sun would punish us all, and then give us control of the mess, and not give us internet access...We're happy, everyone else will remain unoffended... It could Work!

Des, what a great idea. Let's go with Australia. Also, will BMQ be offered there? I really don't want to have to delay my app again.  :)

I guess we could run a BMQ there....surfing in squads...

I'll be the Padre, and Trinity can be the Chief Instructor....JMan can be the medic...anyone else interested in positions for our Degenerate forced move to Australia, and concurrent alcohol-full BMQ?

Congrats, Mike started this to bring to your attention a serious concern of his and you turn it into a circus. No more, its locked.

I never seen this suggested, or am I aware that it has ever been suggested. Why not offer a chat service through this site, get 1-on-1 person advice, not through the forums? It's more personable than through the forum. You can do it through an IRC server, or using my geeky computer skills I could whip up a java chat client which could be implimented into the site; either that or you can use one of many availabe free clients on the internet which is at hand any time you may wish to use, opensource baby - open source.

Hi Matt, we actually had an IRC based chat room for quite a while, but we now use Flashchat. It's available ot any member who has been here for 3 hours and has 10 posts.

Edit: I should point out that users who add inane posts simply to reach the 10 will find their posts deleted, and may even be on warning. Please folks, just participate normally and you'll get to the chat room in a reasonable time.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this... I can't get into the chat room, when I click on  "chat" the screen at the top says " army chat, all messages logged." Then the rest of the screen is blank (white). Do I have to install something or the other? Help?

Miss J said:
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this... I can't get into the chat room, when I click on  "chat" the screen at the top says " army chat, all messages logged." Then the rest of the screen is blank (white). Do I have to install something or the other? Help?

Most likely a flash plugin issue, you can download the latest version here http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW ...install by following the prompts then come back and try again:)

cheers.

yukon:This is still not working. I have a feeling it might be the computer do you think so?

Hi,

I wanted to access the Milnet Chat Room
I've entered my username for the forums and my password but it didn't work
How do I access this place and where should I go to create ID...
Thank's a lot for the info's...

Sophie  :yellow:

Hi Sophie,

You need to have 10 posts and 3 hours of time logged on the site prior to being able to visit the chat room. This is done to prevent bots and spammers from creating an account just to overwhelm the chat feature.

Cheers
Mike

Mike
Thank's a lot for the quick answer...
It's all noted...
Good Day

Sophie :yellow:

I don't normally chat but kimbrly3434 engaged me in conversation. She wanted a penpal,not my thing,but I suggested she might find one here in the forums. Then she asked my age which made me feel uncomfortable so I politely ended the chat. I dont want to make this an issue just more like a FYI.

Appreciate the heads up, that does sound fishy. I'll check into it.

Back