• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armoured crewsuits

my72jeep

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
I looked but did not see the answer.

Does Canada still have a one piece crewsuit for the armoured guys and is it cadpat?

M.

No CADPAT crew suits. And we don't use the oldstyle either. The only crew type suits in use are the TACHEL type 2 peice, and these are used in Afghanistan. Otherwise the only other option is coveralls. Grey or Black.

Ok thanks for the info. I was going through some old photos an saw one, it got me thinking.

No problem. Alot of guys I know never did like the crew suits. Not exactly comfy for those of us with a bit more padding.

we had an MP MWO in Borden with and ample mid section that allways wore one. Needlesss to say it looked ........ well it looked non military.

Tango18A said:
Why would a MP of any rank require a crew suit?

Exactly, and not to all crewmen either. The original intent for crewsuits was only for AFV crews. Crewsuits used to be issued by Sqn stores. If you didn't have the job profile, you didn't get any.

my72jeep said:
we had an MP MWO in Borden with and ample mid section that allways wore one. Needlesss to say it looked ........ well it looked non military.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone other than AFV crews to have a set, regardless of rank. Love to know how an MP would get their hands on a set. Besides, they were useless in the field.

Really hard to use the blue rocket in a hurry when you have to get completely undressed.

my72jeep said:

Perhaps in his mind he thought of himself as John Revolting in Saturday Night Fever.  Did he wear a polyester suit on Friday nights in the Mess?

When I was a youngster in the Militia 30 years ago a Crew Jacket was a much sought after item.  I was both a Recce and CP tech in the Artillery and they were fantastic if you could get one.  Warm, and the pencil/china marker storage was perfect.  I never did acquire one, but I suppose there has always been a niche for other branch items for outsiders.  Hell, when I was with 1CMBG everyone had a Norwegian sweater, American Rain gear, Ranger Blanket and Danner boots if you could fit yourself out to name a few things.  Maybe the MP fancied himself as Worthy or Rommel.

As a Motorcycle and M113 rider/driver I was issued both AFV Suit, jacket and pants while during my time at 4 CMBG.  4 MP Platoon also had a Armstong 500cc Motorcycle. Possibly he was once qual on a MC??

Tango18A said:
The only crew type suits in use are the TACHEL type 2 peice,

No. they are not "tac hel" suits,. they are AF flight suits. I am maritime air and have some of the 2-peice issued to me. They are not issued solely for AFG as we have both in green and desert......I also have one-pice suits ther are OD and some that are deset........

They are indeed Tac Hel flying suits. They were designed for us, and were marked as such on the user labels. I cannot say if that is still the case with current labelling.

Fdtrucker said:
As a Motorcycle and M113 rider/driver I was issued both AFV Suit, jacket and pants while during my time at 4 CMBG.  4 MP Platoon also had a Armstong 500cc Motorcycle. Possibly he was once qual on a MC??

Perhaps he was, but the fact is he should have turned in the AFV Suit once he left that Platoon.

Back