• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying in person?

upflames

Inactive
Reaction score
Currently on the forces site it has a new (?)Don't remember it being there a month or so ago) Step One in the "How to Apply" section. Step One seems to be completely about applying online and not in person.

I was just wondering if you still can apply in person, or if you have to apply online and then after it gets transferred to the closest Recruitment Centre you get a phone call or e-mail and start going in to see a recruiter. It wouldn't be that much of a problem, but I live about half an hour from the closest Recruitment Centre, and I was planning on going there tomorrow to apply. I don't want to show up there only to be told I have to begin the application process online and can't do it in person anymore.

Thanks for all and any answers,
Shane.

I am in Ottawa & applied in person.  I took 2 trips to the recruiting centre - first one to ask some questions & the recruiter gave me all the forms to fill out.  Then I went back a couple weeks later with the completed forms and documents (transcripts, etc).  If you're going in person, make sure you have all the information & documents on you to avoid an extra trip.

If I were you, I would call the RC early morning tomorrow, and ask them if you will need to apply online or if you can bring in your application in person.

gpear said:
I am in Ottawa & applied in person.  I took 2 trips to the recruiting centre - first one to ask some questions & the recruiter gave me all the forms to fill out.  Then I went back a couple weeks later with the completed forms and documents (transcripts, etc).  If you're going in person, make sure you have all the information & documents on you to avoid an extra trip.
Is this everything I'll be needing? Not sure if there is other forms or if it is just these.

Personnel Screening, Consent and Authorization Form
•Personal Data Verification Consent Form

• Provide the contact information for 5 personal references. These people cannot be related to you and must have known you for at least five years, or since you were 16, whichever comes first. Please ensure that you have their permission to use them as references.
• Tell us about any legal obligations, such as probation, etc
• Tell us about any personal debts you have and your plans to repay them.

your birth certificate
•a piece of government issued photo id
•transcripts from your highest level of education
•any proof of trade qualifications or professional licenses, and
•any additional forms required for the job or program you selected.

KingofKeys said:
If I were you, I would call the RC early morning tomorrow, and ask them if you will need to apply online or if you can bring in your application in person.
Okay thanks a ton!

upflames said:
Is this everything I'll be needing? Not sure if there is other forms or if it is just these.

Personnel Screening, Consent and Authorization Form
•Personal Data Verification Consent Form

• Provide the contact information for 5 personal references. These people cannot be related to you and must have known you for at least five years, or since you were 16, whichever comes first. Please ensure that you have their permission to use them as references.
• Tell us about any legal obligations, such as probation, etc
• Tell us about any personal debts you have and your plans to repay them.

your birth certificate
•a piece of government issued photo id
•transcripts from your highest level of education
•any proof of trade qualifications or professional licenses, and
•any additional forms required for the job or program you selected.

Along with the forms I brought ID & transcripts.  They also asked me to fill out an extra security clearance form since I have spent some time out of the country. 

I would also recommend calling them first so if you do go in person, you can be prepared with all the paperwork ahead of time.

I would recommend applying in person as then you have a point of contact. The worst part I have noticed applying online (mind you this is for a Component Transfer) is that it is very difficult to contact anyone. The other advantage is that you also KNOW someone has at least looked at your application. Just my  :2c:

Eaglelord17 said:
I would recommend applying in person as then you have a point of contact. The worst part I have noticed applying online (mind you this is for a Component Transfer) is that it is very difficult to contact anyone. The other advantage is that you also KNOW someone has at least looked at your application. Just my  :2c:

This is so wrong. You can call North Bay if you apply online, and the recruiter on the phone can give you all the details you need - so you DO have a point of contact; and when the application needs to be processed, they will send it off to the RC.

KingofKeys said:
This is so wrong. You can call North Bay if you apply online, and the recruiter on the phone can give you all the details you need - so you DO have a point of contact; and when the application needs to be processed, they will send it off to the RC.
Yes you can call the recruiting center or you can go in person and actually talk to someone in person. I know (once again this is for Component Transfers) that I have sent off emails and haven't gotten responses at all, they have either been completely ignored or no one has looked at them, who knows. For me it is better to have someone to talk to and know they are working on my application. With what I have dealt with so far (one application into the Reserves in person and one partial Component Transfer via internet) I have had much better results with actual people as when there is a problem or question I know exactly who to talk to and I can contact the same person everytime. Who at least somewhat knows about me and is not some random person who I have never met. Also they can't ignore you either which is a big bonus with dealing with people. Once again my  :2c:

Eaglelord17 said:
Yes you can call the recruiting center or you can go in person and actually talk to someone in person. I know (once again this is for Component Transfers) that I have sent off emails and haven't gotten responses at all, they have either been completely ignored or no one has looked at them, who knows. For me it is better to have someone to talk to and know they are working on my application. With what I have dealt with so far (one application into the Reserves in person and one partial Component Transfer via internet) I have had much better results with actual people as when there is a problem or question I know exactly who to talk to and I can contact the same person everytime. Who at least somewhat knows about me and is not some random person who I have never met. Also they can't ignore you either which is a big bonus with dealing with people. Once again my  :2c:

Your right...your circumstances are specific to COMPONENT TRANSFERS and you deal with D Mil C 7 Ottawa and not the Recruiting System.  So your comments will no doubt be taken out of context.

You should be posting your experiences with the Component Transfer process here as your experience has nothing to do with new applications  --->  http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/board,44.0.html

Back