• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NS Valley Girl said:
  Any feedback on this test?

No one will tell you whats on the test. You have to pass this otherwise you will not be offered a position as an Air Combat Systems Officer.

(Air Navigator no longer exists)

TimBit said:
Hem...sounds a lot like the very standard ANav test run at Trenton along with the CAPSS for pilot-candidates. Look it up using the search function, tons of info on this site. It is free (of course) and your going there will be repaid.  I'm surprised they didn't tell you that...

Quite possibly got missed because "ACSO-only" candiadtes do not go to Trenton.

Hi CDN Aviator:  :)

A little time has passed since I asked about the ANav Test / ACSO Test.  In the meantime, the Halifax Recruitment Centre has advised me that they would administer the test in Halifax.  I believe this is what you were referring to below: 'ASCO-only candidates do not go to Trenton.'  If you were referring to something else, please advise.

Over the last week, I've been brushing up on my math as I heard the test is quite hard with a 50% pass rate (as per recruiter). 

CDN Aviator said:
Quite possibly got missed because "ACSO-only" candiadtes do not go to Trenton.

Hi again CDN Aviator:

Yes, I am aware that ANav title no longer exists.  Thank you.  Previously, I didn't know the new name of such position as the recruitment centre didn't know it.  lol.  When I met the guy would be administering my ACSO test he updated me.  :)

As for requesting feedback on the test... I was looking for relative information not factual.  If (when) I pass I'll do it on my own merit.  Fingers crossed and a horse shoe up my arse though.  lol.

Seriously though, I was/am looking for information on what types of math: long division, algebra, fractions, ???.  What I do know is that the test is primarily math and spatial with a speed test on the end.  Like you said, I need to pass.  If I don't, then I have to start over with a new trade selection.

CDN Aviator said:
No one will tell you whats on the test. You have to pass this otherwise you will not be offered a position as an Air Combat Systems Officer.

(Air Navigator no longer exists)

NS Valley Girl said:
Hi again CDN Aviator:

Yes, I am aware that ANav title no longer exists.  Thank you.  Previously, I didn't know the new name of such position as the recruitment centre didn't know it.  lol.  When I met the guy would be administering my ACSO test he updated me.  :)

As for requesting feedback on the test... I was looking for relative information not factual.  If (when) I pass I'll do it on my own merit.  Fingers crossed and a horse shoe up my arse though.  lol.

Seriously though, I was/am looking for information on what types of math: long division, algebra, fractions, ???.  What I do know is that the test is primarily math and spatial with a speed test on the end.  Like you said, I need to pass.  If I don't, then I have to start over with a new trade selection.

This kind of info has already been provided somewhere else, I'm not sure exactly where though.  Try searching for it,  "aircrew selection" or "anav test" would be good places to start.

Hi, My names Ryan. I just applied today.

Recruting Center: Edmonton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Weapons Tech
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: March 24th, 2009
First Contact:
Med, aptitude completed :
PT Test completed:
Interview completed:
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins:

Small question aswell. I was wondering if when I go to my interview, If they might allow me to postpone acceptance so it could allow me to finish my job In Fort McMurray. Or would it be like "Take it now or get out" because the pay will definitly be alot lower compared to what I am making now. But I would like to get this process of applying and such out of the way. I'v already talked to one of the recruiters in Edmonton and he said to ask in the Interview...

Thanks

Ryan, normally if you explain to them why you want to put off your swearing in/training date, they're pretty good about trying to accommodate you.  However, don't be too surprised or disappointed when you are pushed back so they can take people who are ready to go.  Good luck on the process.

Ryan - I asked the folks to not be enrolled until after a certain date since my husband is still deployed.  They've been great in accomodating me.  Be specific with them as to when you can start.  I gave them a window of anytime after mid-May, it's on my file now so they know.

Just finished my CFAT, interview, and first medical today so I thought I would post.

Recruting Center: London
Officer/NCM: Officer (ROTP for 2010/2011)
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: February 26th, 2009
First Contact: March 11th, 2009
Med, aptitude completed : March 24th, 2009
PT Test completed: -
Interview completed: March 24th, 2009
Aircrew Selection/Aircrew Medical: -
Position Offered: -
Basic Training Begins: -

Unfortunately I have to wait until next March to know if I am accepted for ROTP, but the longer I wait, the more I want it, and therefore it will be even more exciting to be accepted  :p. But for now all I can do is wait...and of course improve my application.

Update!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Kingston
Officer/NCM:  DEO
Trade Choice 1: Airfield (Construction) Engineering
Trade Choice 2: BioSci Officer
Trade Choice 3: -
Application Date: Febuary 12, 2009
First Contact: Febuary 17, 2009
CFAT completed: March 10, 2009  (passed !)
Interview: March 17, 2009 (recommended for both trades)
Medical:  March 24, 2009 
The medical result for trade choice 1 is fine, but a Bioscience Officer is treated like an aircrew ::).  So the Medical Officer sent me for aircrew medical exam in CFB Kingston.  Then, waiting for the long security form 330-60 to clear.  I only have been in Canada for 7 years.  I will just start  :pT:  and  :pushup:

CDN Aviator said:
What is it that you have a problem with exactly ?

It is not a problem; I did not know that the applicant for Bioscience Officer must undergo Aircrew Medical test (maybe a part of it, I am not sure).  I was given forms for complete eye exam, ECG, blood and urine tests, and a test to measure lung volume. I think this is due to the type and condition of work  in the trade, which may be similar to what aircrews encounter (high altitude, high G-force, etc.) Just wish me luck  :D

Well my file has been sent to Ottawa, they said it should be a couple of weeks before they get it back so , the waiting continues

Recruiting Center: Mississauga
Trade Choice 1: Sig Op
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: November 23, 2008
First Contact: November 23, 2008
CFAT completed : December 2, 2008
Medical completed: December 8, 2008
Interview completed: December 9, 2008
Position Offered: March 25, 2009
Swearing in: March 30, 2009
Basic Training Begins: - April 20, 2009

The long delay was my medical.

:cdn: :salute:

EDIT: to add Swearing-In date

It has been six weeks today, since my application went to CFRC Vancouver. I still have not heard anything, is this normal? Should I contact them, or just leave it alone and wait?

I'm applying Primary Res Infantry.

len173 said:
It has been six weeks today, since my application went to CFRC Vancouver. I still have not heard anything, is this normal? Should I contact them, or just leave it alone and wait?

I'm applying Primary Res Infantry.

Give them a call, see where in the process your application is.  It's always good to touch base with the CFRC, just don't be a pest by calling every day.

Well heres my update...
Recruting Center: New Westminister BC
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Trade Choice 1:AVN TECH
Trade Choice 2: -
Application Date: Nov. 17 2008
First Contact: Called in Dec. 15 2008
CFAT completed : Jan. 8 2009
Med: Jan. 28 2009
Interview completed: Jan. 28 2009
Sworn in:
Basic Training Begins

Due to open heart surgery when I was 3 i had to talk to my family doctor followed by a cardiologist and an Echocardiogram, then the reports had to be sent back to the recruiting center. I called today and they have all the reports and now my medical will be sent off. So I belive this is the last step for me and i just need to wait.
Any clue how long medical reviews are?
So Im hoping all goes well and ill get the swear in call soon!

Recruting Center: Halifax, N.S
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Trade Choice 1:Infantry
Trade Choice 2: -
Application Date: Feb 02, 2009
First Contact: Feb 05, 2009
CFAT completed : Feb 10, 2009
Med: Feb 19, 2009
Interview completed: Feb 19, 2009
Sworn in:
Basic Training Begins:

It took my doctor 3 weeks to fill some things out, I'm quite satisfied with how fast my process has gone so far... Hopefully my good luck keeps going :)

Well, just over a month and I was accepted today!  ;D

I was actually told that I would likely only be merit listed, and because of how my references were going (two were on surprise vacation), I didn't even figure I would get that far. On a whim though, I called my career counselor and he said that it shouldn't be long now.

Boy was he right!

Not an hour later I got a call from my file manager with an job offer!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Ottawa
Officer/NCM: Officer? NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Communicator Research Operator
Trade Choice 3: AC Op
Application Date: February 20, 2009
First Contact: February 25, 2009
CFAT completed: March 5, 2009
Medical:  March 17, 2009
Interview: March 17, 2009
Listed: March 27, 2009