• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
f0x said:
Recruiting Center: Halifax
Regular/Reserves: Reg
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Intell Op
Trade Choice 2: Imagery Tech
Trade Choice 3: Geomatics Tech
Application Date: Feb. 4th/09
First Contact: Feb. 4th/09
CFAT: completed Feb. 4th/09 -- passed (Wasn't expecting this so soon)
Interview: Feb. 26th/09  completed
Medical: Feb, 26th/09  completed additional documents submitted March second
Merit Listed:
Job Offer:
Swearing in:
BMQ:

Just received a status update that my medical file is on it's way back from Borden and they will be inputting my security information. I thought that part would have been done when they contacted my references and verified my employment dates weeks ago. I was told that takes 4-5 days and to call back in 2 weeks for an update if I don't hear anything.

Well I'm glad your medical files are on there way back.........Now if only mine we're to. When did you files reach Borden?

SoldierInTheMaking said:
Well I'm glad your medical files are on there way back.........Now if only mine we're to. When did you files reach Borden?

They left my CFRC just over a week ago... I think I got lucky with that one!

f0x said:
Just received a status update that my medical file is on it's way back from Borden and they will be inputting my security information. I thought that part would have been done when they contacted my references and verified my employment dates weeks ago. I was told that takes 4-5 days and to call back in 2 weeks for an update if I don't hear anything.

Looking at your three selections, I wonder if anyone has advised you on the Security Clearance you will require to get onto your Trades Training Crse, whichever one you get accepted to, and how long that may keep you waiting?

George Wallace said:
Looking at your three selections, I wonder if anyone has advised you on the Security Clearance you will require to get onto your Trades Training Crse, whichever one you get accepted to, and how long that may keep you waiting?

They did inform me that I would need higher than usual clearance but did not indicate that it would take me longer than usual. I would love to hear what you have to say about it.

f0x said:
They did inform me that I would need higher than usual clearance but did not indicate that it would take me longer than usual. I would love to hear what you have to say about it.

What might happen is that you will go on a holding/GD platoon on your assigned station until the clearance comes in for the course. That is what Comms Rsch do normally (they need TS/SA).

*** Update****
Recruiting Center: CFRC Bathurst
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Imagery Tech
Trade Choice 2: Meteorological tech
Trade Choice 3: RMS Clerk
Application Date: September 28, 2008 (CIC Application) Jan 27, 2009 ( Switched Application)
First Contact: Jan 30  2009
CFAT completed: Feb 3 2009
Medical: Feb 3 2009
Interview: March 11 2009
Listed: March 11 2009
Position Offered: RMS Clerk, March 16th
Sworn in: March 24, 2009
BMQ starts on: April 6th, 2009

woohooo! I am so excited for this. Even though clerk was my third choice I was really interested in it. I can't wait for BMQ on the 6th. YAY!

P.S. happy st. patty's day everyone. hopefully the luck of the irish will come to everyone who is waiting.  :st.patty:

UPDATE
Recruting Center: Halifax
Trade Choice 1: Med Tech
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3:
Current Application Date: Dec 08 2009
First Contact:  Dec 10 2009
CFAT completed : Jan 21
Med,Feb 6
Interview completed: Feb6
Offer:MAr 16 Infantry RCR
Sworn in: Mar 26
Basic Training Begins: Apr 6

Well after months of sloging it out and waiting. the offer finally came. I am so excited. good luck to all still waiting cant wait to see you there.
smitty

SoldierInTheMaking said:

Can someone clear up something for me.  I was told that there was only one RMO and he/she was in Ottawa so why is everyones file going to CFB Borden?  Is Borden for if there was no problems with your medical or does it depend which CFRC you apply at?

bradlupa said:
Can someone clear up something for me.  I was told that there was only one RMO and he/she was in Ottawa so why is everyones file going to CFB Borden?  Is Borden for if there was no problems with your medical or does it depend which CFRC you apply at?

The RMO is in Ottawa but used to be in Borden.  Some people, including CFRC/D personnel, don't know this or have forgotten.

Which would explain why my medical was approved within 3 days.

yeah one person told me borden but i found out it was ottawa. they clear pretty quick there

Well when I was talking to a recruiter he had a bit of a french accent and it was kind of hard to understand him, but I thought he said my medical file was sent somewhere but had to be sent away again so maybe they sent it to Borden which was a mistake then had to have it sent away again to Ottawa, so maybe that's why mine is taking forever...

smittymed said:
yeah one person told me borden but i found out it was ottawa. they clear pretty quick there

Yeah - I guess it helps that CFRC Ottawa is where I applied through too ;D

yeah you ontarios are always getting the early kicks at everything. I started my file in BC then moved to Nova Scotia over x mas, so there was a lot of waiting for me...

no doubt.  I'm actually from Cape Breton (hence the flag) and even miss it occasionally, but living in O-Town does have it's perks ;D

Figured I should post mine since it went unusually quick:

Recruiting Center: Edmonton
Trade Choice 1: Vehicle Tech
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Current Application Date: Feb 25 2009
First Contact:  Mar 2 2009
CFAT completed : 2002 (was still valid)
Medical Completed: Mar 12
Interview Completed: Mar 12
Offer: Mar 13 Vehicle Tech
Sworn in: Mar 27
Basic Training Begins: Apr 6

I'm 100% sure it had something to do with my trade choice, it is a distressed trade, and with the recent press about the maintenance of equipment, and the amount of out of service equipment the CF has right now they are probably pushing those applications through quickly for the new fiscal year...

That being said nobody should ever just choose a trade that gets them in quick... I've always been good with my hands and mechanically inclined, being a maintainer is something I will really enjoy... and that's why I picked it, I just happened to get lucky I guess!!

I was told today at the CFRC offers are being made 48-72 hours after being merit listed.  Yours came under 24.  Seems yours went faster in every aspect.

I was listed today so I hope mine goes that quick!

:cdn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back