• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Update*
Recruiting Centre: Halifax, NS
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer-DEO
Trade Choice 1: LOG
Environment: Navy
Application Date: March 28/08
First Contact: April 18/08
CFAT: April 29/08
Medical: April 29/08-Cleared May 27/08
Interview: April 29/08
Merit Listed: May 27/08
Position Offered:
Sworn In:
Basic Training:

OMG...they moved it up!

Recruiting Centre: London, ON
Officer/NCM: Officer-CEOTP
Trade Choice 1: MARS
First Contact: Sometime in 1985
Application Date: June 2, 2008
CFAT: June 5, 2008 - scheduled
Medical: June 5, 2008 - scheduled
Interview: June 5, 2008 - scheduled
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Sworn In:
Basic Training:

WaveDancer said:
OMG...they moved it up!

Fack!! I should hope so!!  >:D

There's a story here -- I just know it.   :)

What purpose does this serve?  Is this the first time you contacted the CFRC/D for your current application?

I hope it's not inappropriate that I respond here...if it is, I do apologize but I do want to offer an explanation.

1985 was the first time I spoke with a recruiter about my enlisting in the Forces. At that time, I was unable to comprehend the minimum 3 year commitment and had fallen into believing some of the 'old' stereotypes that floated around regarding life in the forces and those that enlist, so I turned, and ran as fast as I could.  :eek:

Since that time I have revisited on numerous occasions (privately) my desire to serve. I contacted a recruiter in January 2008 and began making enquiries and researching various occupations.

Feeling I am now at a point in my life I am ready to make a commitment to the Forces, I made the decision this spring to do so and submitted my application this past Monday, June 2nd, 2008.

That's pretty much exactly what I figured you meant by first contact in 1985, for the purposes of this thread first contact means the first time the CFRC/recruiters contact you after your application, this is usually the contact that schedules your CFAT/med/interview.

My apologies, I didn't realize...corrected/updated info below  :)

First Contact: June 2, 2008
CFAT: June 5, 2008 - scheduled
Medical: June 5, 2008 - scheduled
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Sworn In:
Basic Training:

First Contact: June 2, 2008
CFAT: June 5, 2008 - passed
Medical: June 5, 2008 - passed
Interview: June 5, 2008 - passed
NOAB: June 23-27, 2008 (probable?, if all goes well)
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Sworn In:
Basic Training:

You know, you can just update your other one, I mean... it's right above it too  :-\

S.Simpson said:
You know, you can just update your other one, I mean... it's right above it too  :-\

Noted...sorry, didn't realize I could do that because I haven't subscribed yet. I did find the 'Modify' button...

UPDATED (I know you can edit, but I couldn't seem to find the little button.  I can edit all other posts except for this one! weird.)
Recruiting Center: Sudbury, Ontario
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: n/a
Trade Choice 3: n/a
Application Date: November 20, 2007
First Contact: September 10, 2007
Med, aptitude completed : Medical cleared May 28, 2008, Aptitude December 12, 2007
PT Test completed: December 12, 2007
Interview completed: December 12, 2007
Merit Listed: June 6, 2008
Position Offered: Waiting
Basic Training Begins: Waiting

ken_TO said:
Recruiting center-Mississauga, ON
Reg/Res-Regular force Army
officer/ncm-ncm
Trade choice 1- Medical Radiation Technologist
Trade choice 2- HCA (Officer) - Reserves
Trade choice 3- Sig Op (NCM)- Reserves
Application date- March 29,2007 (on line)
First contact- April 2, 2007
CFAT- May 15th, 2007
Medical- May 15th, 2007
Interview- October 17, 2007
Merit Listed-October 17. 2007
Job offer- pending
Swearing in- pending
BMQ starts- pending

Alright, I finally had my interview today and got merit listed.  I was told that the process should take fairly quick as all the paperwork is done like dinner! Hopefully, things go well!

:cdn:

Since my first and second trade of choice didn't work out, I will go for my third, Sig Op!

Recruiting center-Mississauga, ON
Reg/Res- PRes - 709 Communications Regiment Toronto
officer/ncm-ncm
Trade choice 1- Medical Radiation Technologist - Regular
Trade choice 2- HCA (Officer)- Reserves
Trade choice 3- Sig Op (NCM)- Reserves
Application date- March 29,2007 (on line)
First contact- April 2, 2007
CFAT- May 15th, 2007
Medical- May 15th, 2007
Interview- October 17, 2007
Merit Listed-October 17. 2007
Physical Test - June 4, 2008
Job offer- pending
Swearing in- pending
BMQ starts- pending

Recruiting Center: Victoria, British Columbia
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: n/a
Application Date: May 13, 2007
First Contact: May 13, 2007
Med, aptitude completed : June 5, 2008 (Waiting for Dr. to sign Med letter, will be completed June 17)
PT Test completed: June 6, 2008
Interview completed: June 6, 2008
Merit Listed: Waiting

Wow - can't belief they are still taking so long to process people.  When I joined the reserves it took all of 2 months to swear in - jump to regs was 3 months. if I had to wait as long as you folks I probably would have said screw it.

CountDC said:
Wow - can't belief they are still taking so long to process people.  When I joined the reserves it took all of 2 months to swear in - jump to regs was 3 months. if I had to wait as long as you folks I probably would have said screw it.
If I say screw it, then this job is not for me.  I've waited (coming up on 10 months) and if something went wrong and I had to wait another year, I'd wait

CountDC said:

Yes and all the waiting is the fault of the recruiting system and not because there is anything unusual about the applicants or their circumstances.

HH and DA

True Enough Kincanucks - the system has become a machine out of control - the only things I had to wait for was a week for fingerprinting and the next basic start.

dukkadukka I guess the job is not for me then because I wouldn't wait that long and am sooo glad I didn't have too as I have 23+ years fo service now.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Saskatoon
Officer/NCM: Officer - DEO
Trade Choice 1: AEC
Trade Choice 2: ANAV
Application Date: June 9, 2008
First Contact: Waiting
Medical Completed : Waiting
Aptitude Completed: Waiting
Interview Completed: Waiting
Merit Listed: Waiting

CountDC said:
True Enough Kincanucks - the system has become a machine out of control - the only things I had to wait for was a week for fingerprinting and the next basic start.

dukkadukka I guess the job is not for me then because I wouldn't wait that long and am sooo glad I didn't have too as I have 23+ years fo service now.

Must be losing my touch as my sarcasm was wasted.

CountDC said:

I just always thought it was the usual "hurry up and wait" mentality of the CF! My job choice can be ridiculously fast paced, or be reallll slow. If you want something badly, the question isn't why are you waiting... it's why WOULDN'T you wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back