• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
CFRC: Halifax
Reg/ Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: NCM
Element: Navy (but supply is support/purple trade)
Trade Choice#1: Supply Tech
Trade Choice#2: RMS
Application Date: Feb 12, 2007
CFAT: Jan 06 (made the mistake of VRing during BMQ in Sept 06)
Interview/ Medical: July 17, 2007
Merit Listed: Sept 2007
Job Offer:  Supply Tech- September 13, 2007
Swearing In: September 19, 2007
BMQ Start date: October 8, 2007... serial # 0090

Was told my bmq ends Feb 1... it's gonna be nice to have the X-Mas break during BMQ... waiting has been hard but it's over now.. good luck to those still checking the Caller Id's lol. 

NJL, congrats man.  We'll have to try to introduce our selves at the ceremony. I imagine we'll be flying out together as well at "oh dark stupid" as the Cpl told me.

We probably won't be getting too much sleep if we're going to be landing in Montreal at 7am.  Could make for an interesting first day :p

You guys get to fly in? I'm taking the 40 window limo. Apparently there is going to be a strike by Ontario Northland coach drivers, so I think I'm going to head to Ottawa around the 26th, then to Saint Jean on the 29th. There is no way I'm going to let a labour disruption get between me and BMQ. After talking with Vern, and the very awesome Sup Tech here at CFB North Bay, I'm confident I made the right choice on trade. Again, I look forward to working with those on the 1 Oct session. See you at the Mega.

Anyone has a longer process than me?
Recruiting Center: montreal(applied)->vancouver(job offered)
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: vehicle tech
Trade Choice 2: fire control system tech
Trade Choice 3: cook
Application Date:  the last week of dec 2004
Fitness check: nov 2005
Security assessment : Dec 2005
Medical Completed: Sep 2006 & Nov 2006
Interview completed: Sep.  2006
Bypass BMQ: June 2007
Position Offered: vehicle tech
Sworn In: Sep 2007

I guess my backgound check is very complicated, so I don't know how it was done step by step.

van Gemeren said:
Time flies, I can't believe this was 2.5 years ago. Anyways I actually failed the fitness test, which kinda put the brakes on the whole process. I then had a rough semester and ended almost not going back to university, so this process was put on the back burner, but not out of my mind. It took me this long to finally get things back into order so that I would be ready for a serious commitment.

Yesterday I went to the recruiting centre to restart the process. I picked up a new application form. The funny thing was that it was all the same people from before and they recognized me from over 2 years ago. This time I have been seriously considering joining as an officer but I will have to see.
Went down Friday afternoon to hand things in....... and the RC was closed for training in the afternoon, Meh it could have been worse.
Went in today and things have changed, so the SGT is reviewing my file to see what happens next. CFAT is still good, so I'm only going to need to do my FT, interview, and med.

Revised:

Recruiting Centre: North Bay
Reg/Res: Res
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Logistics
Trade Choice 3: None
Application Date: Sept 18, 2007
CFAT: Don't have to do again, qualified for all trade choices.
Medical: ?
Interview: ?
PT Test: Hopefully not until at least the end of Oct, still finishing up
Merit Listed: N/A
Offer: N/A
BMQ: N/A

To give you an update about the fitness test: the fitness test (CF Express Test) is administered when you attend BMQ. If you fail it at BMQ then they place you in a new PT course where all you do is work on your fitness. You would get a set amount of time (a few weeks anyway) to get yourself to the level to pass the test, and when you do then they send you to BMQ. Hope that helps you. Oh, and the Sgt is awesome, isn't he? When I did my medical he asked if I studied, so I did a mock turn and cough, then told him I practiced all week for it. He got a good chuckle.

To give you an update about the fitness test: the fitness test (CF Express Test) is administered when you attend BMQ. If you fail it at BMQ then they place you in a new PT course where all you do is work on your fitness. You would get a set amount of time (a few weeks anyway) to get yourself to the level to pass the test, and when you do then they send you to BMQ. Hope that helps you.

Awesome news and only a few months old.

danchapps said:
To give you an update about the fitness test: the fitness test (CF Express Test) is administered when you attend BMQ. If you fail it at BMQ then they place you in a new PT course where all you do is work on your fitness. You would get a set amount of time (a few weeks anyway) to get yourself to the level to pass the test, and when you do then they send you to BMQ. Hope that helps you. Oh, and the Sgt is awesome, isn't he? When I did my medical he asked if I studied, so I did a mock turn and cough, then told him I practiced all week for it. He got a good chuckle.

I heard the opposite on these forums. That it was recently brought back, and any new applicants would have to pass the fitness exam. Rumor probably, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Only posted in case vG wasn't aware, that sometimes happens as not every one is fully up to date on everything. I thought that judging by the order that things were listed that that may have been the case here. You never know who knows what.

Edit to respond to post by Snaketnk:

I am not aware of being made to to the Express Test prior to leaving for BMQ. If this is the case then no one has told me as I'm leaving next week. Last I heard was that it was administered at the beginning of BMQ.

I took my papers in 2 weeks ago, did my CFAT today, and my medical/Interview will be done on the 25th. If iam lucky I could get in by the end of the month. I think its because iam in ottawa thats its going faster, maybe? Iam joining a Combat Ebgineer reserve unit in ottawa.

CFRC: Halifax/Edmonton/Toronto
Element: Army
Trade Choice#1: Armour
Trade Choice#2: Infantry
Application Date: April 23, 2007
CFAT: Aug 27, 2007
Interview: Sept 10, 2007
Medical: Sept, 18 2007 *
Merit Listed: TBA
Job Offer: TBA
Swearing In: TBA
BMQ Start date: TbA

Need to get a note signed by my former foster care worker befor they will send my medical.

CFRC: London
Element: Army
Trade Choice#1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice#2: Military Police
Application Date: Aug 30 2007
CFAT: Sept 18 2007
Interview: TBA
Medical: Sept 28 2007
Merit Listed: TBA
Job Offer: TBA
Swearing In: TBA
BMQ Start date: TBA

The hurrying up and waiting is now here, and I am so excited that I am this close to being done. :cdn:

aaronrogers said:
Recruiting Center: London
Trade Choice 2: Signal Ops
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: Aug 24th
First Contact: Aug 24th
CFAT completed : Sep 5th
Medical Completed: Sep 19th
Interview completed: TBA
Merritt Listed: TBA
Position Offered: TBA
Sworn In: TBA
Basic Training Begins: TBA

I completed my medical today, passed everything great and the medical examiner said he was going to be sending my papers off to Ottawa and it would be about 3 weeks to be confirmed on their end. Now I just have to give a call in to London tomorrow and book my interview. I'm surprised this has gone so fast thus far. I have been coming to these forums for quite some time now and was kind of worried about the application time, but so far I have gotten everything completed that I need to do except for the interview in under one month. Hopefully there wont be too much waiting, but it will be worth the wait.  ;)

Hey all, just signed up on the forums as recommended by a friend.

Recruting Center: Calgary
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Armoured Recce
Trade Choice 2: Supply Tech
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: 30 June, 2007
First Contact: 5 July, 2007
Med, aptitude completed : 26 July 2007
PT Test completed: N/A
Interview completed: 26 July, 2007
Position Offered: Sept 19, 2007, Arm'd Recce

I've been reading this thread and it seems alot of people spend a huge amount of time waiting. I was wondering if it is becuase I'm joining the reserves that my application went through so fast? (Less than 2 months)

Recruting Center: Trois-Rivieres
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: Officier
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Don't know
First Contact: Don't know
Med, aptitude completed : 6 September 2007
PT Test completed: N/A
Interview completed: 21 Spetember, 2007
Position Offered: Waiting
Basic Training Begins: Waiting

Recruting Center: Hamilton, ON
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Artillery Soldier - Field
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: 09 August, 2007
First Contact: 09 August, 2007
CFAT/ Interview completed : 26 August 2007
Med / PT Test completed: 19 September, 2007
Position Offered: TBA

Recruting Center: CFRC Regina
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Application Date: June 23, 2007
First Contact: Sept 10, 2007
Med, aptitude completed : Sept 26, 2007
Interview completed: Sept 26, 2007
Position Offered: Sept 27, 2007
Basic Training Begins: Oct 29, 2007 (Combat Engineer)

I was surprised to see thet I was given a job one day after all of my tests and training begins 4 weeks later. I hope processing goes as well for everyone else.

Recruiting Center: Mississauga
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: MARS
Trade Choice 2: N/A
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: Feb. 2, 2007
First Contact: Shortly after application date
CFAT completed : March 27, 2007
Medical Completed: 1st – March 27, 2007 – failed as V5.  Lasek surgery repaired eyes and now am V1, eye surgery form submitted Jul. 31, 2007 (3-month wait, April – July).
Interview completed:  Sept. 7, 2007
Medical Back: 1st rejection – May 14, 2007, 2nd OK to proceed – Aug. 15, 2007
Merit Listed: ~10th Sept. 2007
Position Offered: Scheduled for Oct. 2007 NOAB, more to follow…
Sworn In:
Basic Training begins:

Recruiting Center: Montréal
Trade Choice 1: Naval Electronic Technician (Radar)
Trade Choice 2: Naval Electronic Technician (Sonar)
Trade Choice 3: Naval Electronic Technician (Comm)
Application Date: June 12th, 2007
First Contact: Shortly after application date
CFAT completed : July 26th, 2007
Medical Completed: August 7th, came back around sept 21 (no official date from the recruiting center)
Interview completed:  Sept. 4th, 2007
Merit Listed: ~24 Sept. 2007
Position Offered: Sept 27 2007
Sworn In: October 12 2007
Basic Training begins: October 15 2007

from start to sworn in, 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back