• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LegalApp said:
I'm confused by this... I thought they did the screening after your interview.  Maybe it's different with each CFRC or maybe I just don't have the steps straight.  When I tried to give them all my "screening" docs after I did the CFAT they said they didn't want them yet.

I think every CFRC is different, I mean plus side is I am getting this done now opposed to me doing my medical and interview, then they would do a reliability screening, and then merit list....

LegalApp said:
I'm confused by this... I thought they did the screening after your interview.  Maybe it's different with each CFRC or maybe I just don't have the steps straight.  When I tried to give them all my "screening" docs after I did the CFAT they said they didn't want them yet.

My screening wasn't completed when I did the medical and interview. However, I waited to receive the results before being loaded to ASC. I think the whole process can change according to each CFRC.

I wrote my CFAT yesterday and the recruiter said "the infantry is in demand so the process may go quicker." But idk there's probably a lot of pick to pick from so... Just letting everyone know.

kylepenn said:
I wrote my CFAT yesterday and the recruiter said "the infantry is in demand so the process may go quicker." But idk there's probably a lot of pick to pick from so... Just letting everyone know.

There are selection on May 26 so you may be able to squeeze in your interview and medical before that but I doubt that you will make it for the 26. Not exactly sure how the medical/interview booking process works but some people have been waiting for a long time to get theirs schedule, I hope for you everything goes smoothly but you may end up waiting quite a while. Good luck with the process  :salute:

Jayjaycf said:
There are selection on May 26 so you may be able to squeeze in your interview and medical before that but I doubt that you will make it for the 26. Not exactly sure how the medical/interview booking process works but some people have been waiting for a long time to get theirs schedule, I hope for you everything goes smoothly but you may end up waiting quite a while. Good luck with the process  :salute:
I'm thinking that ill probably be going to BMQ no earlier then July/ august  but i know i might be waiting until next year too so we'll just have to see what happens

kylepenn said:
I'm thinking that ill probably be going to BMQ no earlier then July/ august  but i know i might be waiting until next year too so we'll just have to see what happens

Keep your hopes up, but still plan on continuing with your civ life right now just incase.

Funny how everyone seems to hear different things, today I was told by a recruiter that Infantry was not a priority right now, guess we will see at the end of the month! Good luck on the process everyone.

I thought I should add my experience with the process so far:

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Weapons Engineering Technician
Application Date (Online): Dec 10, 2013
First Contact: Dec 15, 2013
CFAT: Jan 13, 2014 ( Passed )
Interview: Feb 24, 2014
Medical: Apr 3, 2014 ( was booked same day as interview but they canceled)
Merit Listed: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Calling Monday to see if I'm actually merit listed, as the medical should be done processing.

Well here I go, let the hurry up and waiting commence...

Recruiting Centre: New Westminister
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Public Affairs Officer
Trade Choice 2: Intelligence Officer
Application Date (Online): April 29th, 2014
First Contact: May 1st, 2014
CFAT: -
Interview: -
Medical: -
Merit Listed: -
Position Offered: -
Sworn in: -
BMQ: -

mtlee said:
Well here I go, let the hurry up and waiting commence...

Recruiting Centre: New Westminister
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Public Affairs Officer
Trade Choice 2: Intelligence Officer
Application Date (Online): April 29th, 2014
First Contact: May 1st, 2014
CFAT: -
Interview: -
Medical: -
Merit Listed: -
Position Offered: -
Sworn in: -
BMQ: -

Awesome another New West person!

I finally got my call :D

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Applied: Aug 02, 2013
First contact: Sept 04, 2013
Dropped off security forms to CFRC: Sept 07, 2013
CFAT: Oct 22,2013 (Passed)
Medical: Nov 04, 2013
Interview: Nov 13, 2013
Merit Listed: Feb 6, 2014
Position offered: Artillery
Enrollment/swearing in: June 4, 2014
BMQ: June 16, 2014

Got schedulued for an interview today

Recruiting Center: Barrie, ON.
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Weapons Tech
Trade Choice 3: Vehicle Tech (Added April 24, 2014)
Application Date: August 12, 2013
First Contact: October 28, 2013
CFAT Date: November 19, 2013
Physical Test: N/A
Medical Test: April 30, 2014
Interview: May 14, 2014
Postion Offered: TBD
Swear In Ceremony: TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD

Congrats on the offer Rohandro! I didn't realize they were choosing ncm before the 26th, but good luck!  :salute:

Jordan10 said:
Congrats on the offer Rohandro! I didn't realize they were choosing ncm before the 26th, but good luck!  :salute:

Selections go on throughout the year AFAIK the 26th is like the date when a lot of them do go out though.

I am hoping I get a scheduled Medical and interview soon, only a few more steps..... AHHHH! haha

Jordan10 said:

Thank you so much and I had heard some people got selected here and there so I guess I got lucky as well  :salute:

kse.bolla said:
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Soldier
Trade Choice 3: Military Police
Application Date (Online): Mar 27, 2014
First Contact: March 27, 2014
Second Contact: March 28, 2014
CFAT: April 3, 2014
Medical: TBD
Interview: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

So, I just got called back by my recruiter and I just want to share it to you guys.

He informed me that my application may take approximately 6-18 months for the whole process since they still have to apply for "education equivalency waiver" on my behalf.

I have equivalency for my grades overseas but they told me they don't accept any foreign credits.
I also have graduated Police Foundations with an average of 96% here in Canada and that's why they told me that I don't have to apply for equivalency, They will do it for me. It will just take longer process compared to other applicants.

I'll just expect for the longest waiting period he told me which is 18 months. Still hoping for it sooner though. haha.

kse.bolla said:
So, I just got called back by my recruiter and I just want to share it to you guys.

He informed me that my application may take approximately 6-18 months for the whole process since they still have to apply for "education equivalency waiver" on my behalf.

I have equivalency for my grades overseas but they told me they don't accept any foreign credits.
I also have graduated Police Foundations with an average of 96% here in Canada and that's why they told me that I don't have to apply for equivalency, They will do it for me. It will just take longer process compared to other applicants.

I'll just expect for the longest waiting period he told me which is 18 months. Still hoping for it sooner though. haha.

I have never heard of an "education equivalency waiver" but I have heard of an "education waiver".  It's where your previous education, doesn't meet the occupation requirements and they are seeking a waiver because you are missing a specific course.

Generally, if your schooling (High School and or post secondary studies) was done outside of Canada, then they will want a "education credential assessment" done.

Recommended source is either ICAS ( http://www.icascanada.ca/home.aspx ) or CICIC ( http://www.cicic.ca/415/credential-assessment-services.canada ).  Either is recognized by the CF but neither are a "reimburseable" expense, so you are on the hook for the cost and even then, there is no guarantee, that you will meet the education requirements for your chosen occupations.

So you can wait the 6-18 months as suggested or pay your $$$ and have the results in 6-8 weeks.

Thankfully things are moving along much faster than my first round.  Hopefully things continue quickly and have a positive outcome.

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton, ON
Regular/Reserve: RegF

Updated trade choices as of February 2014

Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: Supply Tech
Trade Choice 3: N/A

Interview for RMS Clerk & Supp Tech Completed: March 31, 2014
Medical Completed: March 31, 2014
Merit-listed: May 05, 2014 for both trades
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Initial Process:

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton, ON
Regular/Reserve: RegF
Trade Choice 1: MP (Military Police)
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: October 2011 (Online)
CFAT Completed : June 2012
Interview completed: July 2012
Medical Completed: July 2012
Merit listed: Oct 2012

Medical & TSD-PI Completed: January 2013
New Interview Completed: February 2013
Merit-listed: February 2013
MPAC: Nov. 19-21 2013 (unsuitable)

Not having been successful with MP was difficult, but life is all about how we handle our failures. 'Selected two additional trades I was interested in, the interviews went very well for both of them and hopefully some good news will come shortly.

Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: ACSO
Trade Choice 3: ---
Applied: August 13, 2013
First contact: August 29, 2013
Forms in to CFRC: Sept 04, 2013
CFAT: October 08, 2013
Pre-Sec Interview: October 10, 2013
Interview: December 05, 2013