• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tralax,

I emailed CFLRS from their site and asked that same question.  They are running regular BMQ's right up until a course starting on November 17th.  Looking at the ceremony dates page, they seem to be spread a little with up to three courses running at the same time (two anglo and one franco).  Anyone with better intel speak up.

Hope that helps.  I'm worried too as my PLAR is hung up and I've already missed two QL3 courses for my trade since I applied last fall, with the next one starting in January.  'm envisioning months on PAT platoon.

srvn2sv

JM2345 said:
It can help him because he might be looking at some other commitments in life, such as a temporary job, volunteering, upgrading his education etc. If he knows when the dates for BMQ are, he can plan his life out according to those dates so he doesn't commit to something, and then find out there is a BMQ during that time and he gets called for it. If nobody had any reason to know the BMQ dates, the Forces would have no reason to post them publicly on the CFLRS website months in advance. It is a very legitimate question/concern for a hopeful recruit to have.
If he knows when the dates for BMQ are, he can NOT plan his life out according to those dates because he doesn't know exactly which BMQ can be his exactly for him.I know people who were merit listed 2-5 months but they didn't get job offers. It is not necessary that he can be invited to nearest BMQ.Knowledge of dates of BMQ only is guessing.
CFLRS website  posts nearest BMQ (BMOQ) for graduation ceremony dates first of all.
For sure he can get additional information in local CFRC. But I doubt it can help to plan life.

Thanks for the information and comments everyone.  Yes I kind of do want to know how to plan my life, its hard not knowing but I'm working through it.  If I don't get offered a position this year I will take a promotion at work until I do get in.  I don't want to take a position with my company and have them pay for my training only to leave either in the middle of the training or just after I'm done.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.  After months of not hearing anything then having my CFAT and medical on back to back weeks I'm hoping somewhere in the not too distant future I'll be in BMQ.

secondchance said:
If he knows when the dates for BMQ are, he can NOT plan his life out according to those dates because he doesn't know exactly which BMQ can be his exactly for him.I know people who were merit listed 2-5 months but they didn't get job offers. It is not necessary that he can be invited to nearest BMQ.Knowledge of dates of BMQ only is guessing.

But if he knows there is a 3 or 6 month gap between the BMQ's, then he can make a commitment during that time period, since he would know there is no chance of being selected during that time period. Nobody is here thinking we will get chosen for the closest BMQ, you are misunderstanding us. There are opportunities that are presented all the time, and in order to best decide what to do with those opportunities, we need to know all the information available.

We don't want to tell people "Yes, I can commit to work for you for another 3 months at minimum!" if there is another BMQ scheduled every month, because we know that an offer MAY come to leave. I'm sorry if you aren't seeing the value in this information, but we do see it, and it was just a simple question he had hoping someone might have a simple answer. Nobody was looking for an argument.

Tralax said:
Thanks for the information and comments everyone.  Yes I kind of do want to know how to plan my life, its hard not knowing but I'm working through it.  If I don't get offered a position this year I will take a promotion at work until I do get in.  I don't want to take a position with my company and have them pay for my training only to leave either in the middle of the training or just after I'm done.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.  After months of not hearing anything then having my CFAT and medical on back to back weeks I'm hoping somewhere in the not too distant future I'll be in BMQ.
I hear you man.But  according my personal experience ( I already was in CAF and I am returning back) you can not be sure for 100% till you sign papers. Even if you know exactly all BMQ dates for 2013 - nobody can tell you which BMQ will be yours.
Any Case good luck in process.
I am also waiting for Basic Training.But I also don't know which will be mine.But fitness training is good any case.  :salute:

JM2345 said:
But if he knows there is a 3 or 6 month gap between the BMQ's, then he can make a commitment during that time period, since he would know there is no chance of being selected during that time period. Nobody is here thinking we will get chosen for the closest BMQ, you are misunderstanding us. There are opportunities that are presented all the time, and in order to best decide what to do with those opportunities, we need to know all the information available.

We don't want to tell people "Yes, I can commit to work for you for another 3 months at minimum!" if there is another BMQ scheduled every month, because we know that an offer MAY come to leave. I'm sorry if you aren't seeing the value in this information, but we do see it, and it was just a simple question he had hoping someone might have a simple answer. Nobody was looking for an argument.
Everything in CAF can change anytime. You can not predict future.

Tralax,
I just saw your medical will be June,19.
So give 1 month after it for being merit listed .Therefore for end of July you will be merit listed.
Don't worry.You will be fine  :salute:

I don't understand why people can't comprehend why knowing the dates helps. I finally found out the next POSSIBLE dates for BMOQ I could be on (August-sept). Knowing this I can actually plan on taking some summer classes. Before I was avoiding things like that because I didn't know if I'd have to drop everything mid semester.

If you have the info the OP is asking for, just answer the question. If you can't answer the question, don't muddy up the thread with all your personal drama. Just stay quiet.

---Staff---

Cbbmtt said:
Good news,

Your results came in and you meet the requirements for all trades for Officers and NCMs

You should be receiving a call soon for booking a TSD (Trade Self Descriptive) test and medical part 1 and 2

AWESOME!! :)

Congrats...

Kick butt at the TSD!

I didn't realise Medical had two parts to it... :S

WOOT! Just finished my PT today and killed it! I'm done with all the testing and processing, I'm now waiting for an offer!

NavComm87 said:
Congrats...

Kick butt at the TSD!

I didn't realise Medical had two parts to it... :S

The first part of the medical exam is a questionnaire on your medical history. You should be prepared to answer questions about past and current illness, medications including dosage, among other things.

The second part is the physical exam performed by qualified and licensed military medical staff or a civilian doctor. They will measure your height and weight, and then evaluate your vision, colour perception and hearing. If you would be more comfortable, you may ask for a third party or chaperone to be present during the exam.

:) 

Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade : Vehicle Tech
Application Date: Dec 06, 2012
First Contact: Feb 25, 2013
Aptitude Test: March 6, 2013
Interview: 04-04-2013
Medical: 04-04-2013
Merit Listed:05-16-2013
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:

I've been merit listed for about a month now, was told by my file manager to stay put and wait for the offer. I don't know about anybody else, but it's important for me to know if there are BMQs running in the fall as my lease is up in Aug, so is my trade school.

My landlord asked me for a extension of the lease last month, I told her that I could not make that commitment. Now if there are no more BMQs for the rest of the year, and I suppose I didn't make the cut for July BMQ, I would probably fly out west to Alberta in Aug to work and get my red seal ticket.

I think srvn2sv pointed out that BMQ runs through out of the year, knowing that kind of information really helped me making my decision better. Now I'll probably go stay with a friend after my lease is up and hoping to get an offer before the end of the year. But for jobs, I would really hate to start working at a new job, then having to leave for the BMQ.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade : Infantry
Application Date: October 2012
First Contact: October, 2012
Aptitude Test: May 14, 2013
Interview: May 14, 2013
Medical: May 14, 2013
Merit Listed: June 18, 2013
Position Offered: TBA
Enrollment/Swear in: TBA

Just an update, officially Merit Listed for Infantry. Got an email from "my" recruiter.  :cdn:
Now it is "The Waiting Game," quoted from a co-worker of mine that was in the CAF  :nod:

Congrats B.Dias! I hope that my application moves quick like yours now that my file is at my local RC. I applied for infantry as well. I'll be keeping an eye on your job offer!

Recruiting Centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Online Application Date: February 17th, 2013
Date Application sent to Ottawa: February 28th, 2013
First Contact from Ottawa: March 20th, 2013 (Emailed me my security forms to fill out)
Forms brought in to Ottawa: March 21, 2013.
CFAT completed : May 13th, 2013
Interview completed: May 13th, 2013
Medical completed: May 13th, 2013
Merit listed: June 19th, 2013
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Merit listed today!!! Now just awaiting selection.

BYFROMSCHOOL said:
Congrats B.Dias! I hope that my application moves quick like yours now that my file is at my local RC. I applied for infantry as well. I'll be keeping an eye on your job offer!

Thanks! It's been an interesting road to being merit listed. And it worked out because I'm graduating next week so BMQ can come whenever.
Once your file is at your local RC, things should run fairly smoothly. Good luck with yours  ;D

Update:
Recruiting centre: Online/Oshawa
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Weapons Tech - Land
Trade choice 2: Construction Tech Naval Communicator
Trade Choice 3: Cook
Applied: Feb 19, 2013
File sent to CFRC: May 15, 2013
First contact: June 5, 2013
CFAT: June 11, 2013
Medical: June 19, 2013
Interview: Waiting
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ Date:

Medical done today.  I have to send some files to my family doctor so hopefully this won't hold up my process too much.

Congrats TiffanyOx!!!

I'm still waiting for my medical.  There's just no standard to the way the recruitment is done, you applied four months after me and now you're ahead.  Hopefully my RC gets in gear.....granted they've closed for three weeks to move across town.  lol

Ah...it just means you'll be in PAT platoon longer than me.  lol

srvn2sv

srvn2sv said:
There's just no standard to the way the recruitment is done

Really...?

You base that claim upon how many years of working in Recruiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back