• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amarko87 said:
Wrote the ACSO test.  Just got home.  Was told I scored the second highest they'd ever seen through the Ottawa CFRC.  Things are looking good.  If you want to ask any questions regarding the ACSO Test, shoot me a PM and I will help you out as best I can.

Spoke with my recruiter afterwards regarding Aircrew Selection at the CFASC.  I should be getting a call next week, most likely.  They're scheduling for the week of Feb 25 as of this time.  Really looking forward to it.

Congrats.  Just sent you a PM.

*Updates inserted in quote*

Shuck10 said:
Recruiting Centre: Hamilton, ON
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: MP (Military Police)
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: October 2011 (Online)
CFAT Completed : June 2012
Interview completed: July 2012
Medical Completed: July 2012
Merit listed: Oct 2012
Medical & TSD-PI Completed: January 2013
New Interview Completed: February 2013
Merit-listed: February 2013
MPAC: Waiting on a call
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Components had to be updated/redone due to the new recruiting standards. I was told my total score was improved upon this time around, which should hopefully improve my merit-listing placement as well.  There are still other applicants needing to re-interview for the trade in addition to any new applicants still going through the process. It's difficult to fully gauge how much I improved speaking strictly in terms of my placement at this point--Hopefully enough and hopefully things move along well in the next few months, but I can only be patient and wait...

fergusnative said:
Recruiting Center: Online/CFRC Hamilton
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: X
Trade Choice 3: X
Application Date: - December 12, 2011
First Contact: December 20, 2012 - confirmed receipt of supporting documents
Aptitude Test: June, 5 2012
Interview: July 4, 2012
Medical: July, 4 2012
Merit Listed:  X
Position Offered: X
BMQ: positions offered

UPDATE; I was supposed to go in today for an update interview  but they phoned md and said it was cancelled. he said it was  cancelled because I will getting a job offer in the coming days so there is no point in coming in!!! After 14 long m
nhs its finally within  reach!!

Goodeman said:
Recruiting Centre: CFRC Edmonton
Trade 1: Infantry
Trade 2: Combat Engineer
Application Date: February 10 2012
First Contact: Sometime in May 2012 Informing me I wasn't competitive enough
Aptitude test: February 21 2013
Medical: February 21 2013
Interview: February 21 2013
Merit Listed: x
Position Offered: x
Enrolment: x
Swearing in: x
BMQ: x

It took almost a year exactly, but my file is now rolling along. Pretty excited right now

**UPDATE**

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Trade Choice 2: Artillery Field
Trade Choice 3: Armored Soldier
Application Date: January 2012 (Was told to submit a new application more detailed) March 2012
CFAT Completed : July 30th 2012
Medical Scheduled: October 9th 2012
Interview Completed: October 3rd 2012
Merit Listed: Decemeber 2012
Position offered: N/A
Sworn in: N/A
Basic Training Begins: N/A

Well I've been merit listed, now waiting for selections which I spoke with someone today from CFRC Toronto and he said my Trait Self Descriptive appointment is cancelled and I don't need to do it and look out for a call if selected which he then said will soon happen in February.

Keep your phone close and check your messages boys and gals!

Good luck to all you guys and keep your phones charged up and on, this week might bring you guys and gals some good news.

Proud_Canadian said:
Good luck to all you guys and keep your phones charged up and on, this week might bring you guys and gals some good news.

What are the annual timelines for the CF?  When in the calendar year do things seem to happen more readily?  Is it a budget thing, or a course scheduling item that dictates how and when jobs are opened up and courses are scheduled.  I don't want to seem like I'm complaining, quite the contrary as I'm genuinely interested in the behind-the-scenes operational stuff like how this all works.

Three friends at Borden.  Two SGT, one WO; and all as equally excited about me joining as I am.  lol

Beginning and end of fiscal year (once they get their quotas for the next one).
March/April.

More than a few changes:

Recruiting centre: Montreal
    Regular/ Reserve: Reg.
    Officer/NCM: Officer
    Entry plan: ROTP (Kingston)
    Trade choice 1: Pilot AEC
    Trade choice 2: Infantry Officer ACSO
    Trade choice 3: Armour Officer Inf. O
    Application date: October 29th, 2012
    CFAT completed: Completed Successfully November 22nd 2012.
    Medical completed: December 13th, 2012
    Interview completed: December 13th, 2012
    ASC: Feb 4-6, 2013
    Changed trade choices Feb 7th, 2013
    ACSO Test:
    Interview #2:
    Merit listed:
    Position offered:
    Enrollment/ swearing in:

srvn2sv said:
What are the annual timelines for the CF?  When in the calendar year do things seem to happen more readily?  Is it a budget thing, or a course scheduling item that dictates how and when jobs are opened up and courses are scheduled.  I don't want to seem like I'm complaining, quite the contrary as I'm genuinely interested in the behind-the-scenes operational stuff like how this all works.

Three friends at Borden.  Two SGT, one WO; and all as equally excited about me joining as I am.  lol

This is an awesome question.  Unfortunately I have no idea.  It's not a smoke and mirrors thing, it's because the system is so large and there is so much going on, its impossible to figure everything out, even if you were in Recruiting your whole 30 year career.  From what I do get to see and learn, its absolutely fascinating and exciting and I will take the experience with me wherever I go.

The part that I do know is that they have set dates for selecting specific trades and its not always one date for the whole year.  There could be a selection for Infantry in Feb, April and Aug and known well ahead of time.  These dates are spaced throughout the year.  They are timed so that a person can be enrolled and put on a BMQ or BMOQ shortly after selection and than enrolment.  How they  decide how many they needed for each trade, what trade the load up early in the year as apposed to later in the year, what BMQs will have what trades (if they even look at that) etc are all things I would love to know.

Hope some of that helps.  If you ever get the opportunity to work at a CFRC, i highly recommend it.  Its a total different experience for anywhere else one might work and gives you a chance to work with all 3 elements, if you have never done that before.

fergusnative said:
Merit Listed:  August 2012
Position Offered: Feb 7 2013
Enrollment/Swear in: Feb 18 2013
Basic Training Begins: Feb 28 2013
yay! finally made it! good things come to those wait! good luck guys/gals! hopefully see ya at training

Mikmaq said:
Hello all. First post. I thought I'd be as thorough as I can since many inquire about processing times.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Montreal / Online
Officer/NCM: DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: November 19th (Supporting documents sent November 24th)
First contact: December 2nd - Email confirmation of receipt of documents
Second contact: December 12th - Email confirmation of file transferred to CFRC Montreal
Third contact: January 17th - Email from CFRC Montreal requesting additional paperwork (brought in my documents January 22nd)
Aptitude Test: February 7th - Completed
Interview:
Medical:
ASC:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrolment/Swear in:
BMOQ Begins:

I was informed today that because I spent more than 6 months overseas (I completed my master degree in England) I might undergo a Pre Assessment Security Screening. I was told that this may take a minimum of 3 months. I was expecting this, having spent many hours perusing these forums.

Not much of a change but it's still a move in the right direction  ;D As mentioned before, everything is now on hold because Ottawa will decide if I need to undergo a more in-depth secutity check.

fergusnative said:
fergusnative said:
Merit Listed:  August 2012
Position Offered: Feb 7 2013
Enrollment/Swear in: Feb 18 2013
Basic Training Begins: Feb 28 2013
yay! finally made it! good things come to those wait! good luck guys/gals! hopefully see ya at training

pssst - there is no training starting Feb 28th. I think maybe you meant 25th.

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/cfc-ecc/dc-cd/index-eng.asp

Seawolf,

If he's three days late I'm sure they'll have saved his allotted push-ups for him to do.  lol

Ya, you might want to check that.  Can you be listed as AWOL from training, before you even start?

Application Date: January 2012 (Was told to submit a new application more detailed) March 2012
Position offered: Infantry
Sworn in: Feb, 20
Basic Training Begins: Feb, 25

Very excited got the offer today, I can't wait, good luck to everyone seeking a career with the forces. :)

Very cool.  Congrats.  I've had some Lorne Scots friends over the years.  Have they indicated your Regiment or just infantry at this point?

ProtectAndServe said:
Position offered: Infantry
Sworn in: Feb, 20
Basic Training Begins: Feb, 25

Very excited got the offer today, I can't wait, good luck to everyone seeking a career with the forces. :)

Well its a good thing you had your phone on today (wink)  Hope the rest of your soon to be course mates have their phones on too!  Nothing like giving out job offers and people not answering the phone!

dporter100 said:
Recruiting Centre: Halifax
Trade 1: MP
Trade 2: Avn Tech
Trade 3:
Application Date: December, 2011
First Contact: May, 2012
CFAT: June, 2012
Interview:July 31st, 2012 (Avn Tech)
Medical: July 31st, 2012 (Avn Tech)
Medial completed: October, 2012  (Avn Tech)
Merit Listed: November 30th, 2012 (Avn Tech)
Position Offered: waiting
Swearing in: waiting
BMQ: waiting

Does anyone knows the intake plan for Avn tech?

Cheers.

I got the call this morning , swearing in February 18th, BMQ February 23rd.  (AVN tech)

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back