• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amarko87 said:
I do have some university and some college, but I am applying to new programs at different CivUs and at RMC as well.  My plan is to do a full 4 years anywhere I go, if I do get accepted.
This includes everyone they are accepting under ROTP and DEO this year.  I know Initial ROTP offers go out before March 15.  Unsure if they will fill all the spots or just a few.  When I first started the application process in November there were 52 spots available. So they've already filled 7 spots, probably DEO that applied earlier in the year.

Milpoints inbound. Thank you very much for the info Amarko87!

Noctis said:
Milpoints inbound. Thank you very much for the info Amarko87!
Thanks brother, but I may not be 100% accurate with the info.  Gunshark has some more info you may want to read.  No matter what you read or hear, it seems someone else in the CF has a different answer.  Especially in regards to recruiting.  I suggest you send him a PM.

Amarko87 said:
Thanks brother, but I may not be 100% accurate with the info.  Gunshark has some more info you may want to read.  No matter what you read or hear, it seems someone else in the CF has a different answer.  Especially in regards to recruiting.  I suggest you send him a PM.

Beat you to it! I'm very interested in what info he got as well.

For anyone concerned about height restrictions for Canadian pilots, the email I just received from my interviewer should put you at ease.
Alexander,

There are no height restrictions for pilot.  CF cannot discriminate on the basis of height/weight etc...

At 6'4" it was refreshing to hear that.  While there still may be restrictions for the Hornets, nothing will stop you from joining except your abilities.

Has anyone heard any recent information in regards to the next MPAC? Ive heard January 2013 then I heard February 15-17 2013, but my file manager hasnt heard anything :( 
Any informatiom would be appreciated  :)

ambernewton04 said:
Has anyone heard any recent information in regards to the next MPAC? Ive heard January 2013 then I heard February 15-17 2013, but my file manager hasnt heard anything :( 

What is meant by MPAC?

Amarko87 said:
For anyone concerned about height restrictions for Canadian pilots, the email I just received from my interviewer should put you at ease.
At 6'4" it was refreshing to hear that.  While there still may be restrictions for the Hornets, nothing will stop you from joining except your abilities.

They have an automated system that takes pictures of your body and determines which (if any) aircraft you will fit in. This is based on body dimensions.  Per-se, they will not discriminate against you because you are tall. However, if the system finds you too tall to fit, say, in the Harvard, you will not be hired as you cannot fit in the training craft.
Likewise, if you can fit in the Harvard but not the Hornet, after Phase 2 you will likely find yourself in a multi-engine or rotary wing position. Just gotta fit in that Harvard!

Gunshark said:
What is meant by MPAC?

MPAC stands for Military Police Assessment Centre. Anyone who's hoping to become MP has to successfully pass an MPAC session, which is usually a few days. You'll hear/see us wannabies mention it a lot;) It's the final stage in the hiring process before BMQ...
ambernewton04 said:

So your file manager has the same info as mine then? I feel a little better...

Noctis said:
They have an automated system that takes pictures of your body and determines which (if any) aircraft you will fit in. This is based on body dimensions.  Per-se, they will not discriminate against you because you are tall. However, if the system finds you too tall to fit, say, in the Harvard, you will not be hired as you cannot fit in the training craft.
Likewise, if you can fit in the Harvard but not the Hornet, after Phase 2 you will likely find yourself in a multi-engine or rotary wing position. Just gotta fit in that Harvard!
Interesting.  I haven't read this anywhere yet.  Don't they do training in the Grobs too?

Amarko87 said:
Interesting.  I haven't read this anywhere yet.  Don't they do training in the Grobs too?

Canada is the first country to have implemented this automated system.  They will run you through it once you pass CAPPS.
From what I've learned, phase 2 is strictly on the Harvard II aircraft.  Perhaps the Grobs is in another phase. However, passing phase 2 is necessary to earn your Wings, so... you REALLY gotta fit in the Harvard.
However if its anything like buses, as the Harvard is from WWII, there will probably be more leg-room than more recent aircraft.  Hopeful thinking!
I still look forward to serving with you, so you better d*** fit in that Harvard :p

:cdn:

Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: October 2nd, 2012
Application Date sent to Hamilton: October 10th, 2012
First Contact: October 17th, 2012
Aptitude Test: November 1st, 2012
Interview: November 7th, 2012
Medical: November 13th, 2012
PT test: December 4th, 2012
Merit Listed:
Position Offered: January 11th, 2013 INFANTRY
Enrollment/Swear in: January 15th, 2013
BMQ Begins: JANUARY 25TH, 2013

Just recieved the call today. My infantry application was successful.  ;D Good luck to everyone waiting for that call, keep holding out.

Holy **** greenmachine CONGRATS!
You must be really excited :D
Best of luck man, I hope you'll enjoy your time here in Québec  :snowman:

thanks Noctis!
I joined the reserves though, so it'll just be a locally run weekend course. However, I'm still just as amped.  ;D

Good stuff, greenmachine, congrats! Looks like it went pretty quick for you. Is it quicker to get into the reserves?

greenmachine said:
Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: October 2nd, 2012
Application Date sent to Hamilton: October 10th, 2012
First Contact: October 17th, 2012
Aptitude Test: November 1st, 2012
Interview: November 7th, 2012
Medical: November 13th, 2012
PT test: December 4th, 2012
Merit Listed:
Position Offered: January 11th, 2013 INFANTRY
Enrollment/Swear in: January 15th, 2013
BMQ Begins: JANUARY 25TH, 2013

Just recieved the call today. My infantry application was successful.  ;D Good luck to everyone waiting for that call, keep holding out.

Congrats, good for you! I found this link about tips for BMQ if you haven't seen it yet. Hilarious, yet super-informative, filled with lots of pointers. I'm not sure how relevant it is in terms of any changes that may have taken place at BMQ since it was posted, but it's a great read nonetheless!

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/34712/post-271149.html#msg271149

Oops, I just saw you are Res, so I don't know how much of the link will apply. I'm sure it's still useful though:)

Noctis said:
Canada is the first country to have implemented this automated system.  They will run you through it once you pass CAPPS.
From what I've learned, phase 2 is strictly on the Harvard II aircraft.  Perhaps the Grobs is in another phase. However, passing phase 2 is necessary to earn your Wings, so... you REALLY gotta fit in the Harvard.
However if its anything like buses, as the Harvard is from WWII, there will probably be more leg-room than more recent aircraft.  Hopeful thinking!
I still look forward to serving with you, so you better d*** fit in that Harvard :p

The 120-A Grob is one of the planes we may train with alongside the Harvard II (source: http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/cfts-fevs/page-eng.asp?id=1397).

Have you got a call for ASC yet?  I'm getting antsy in my pantsy, even though I only did my interview on Monday.

Amarko87 said:
The 120-A Grob is one of the planes we may train with alongside the Harvard II (source: http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/cfts-fevs/page-eng.asp?id=1397).

Have you got a call for ASC yet?  I'm getting antsy in my pantsy, even though I only did my interview on Monday.

It's a lengthy process. Be keen and call the CFRC once in a while to check on the status. But the impression I get from other people's experiences, as well as my own, things don't happen right away. Patience. Good luck.

NewFoundFreedom said:
1st post  ;D

Recruiting Center: Edmonton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Military Police
Application Date: 02-08-12
First Contact: 23-10-12
Aptitude Test: 06-11-12
Interview: 20-11-12
Medical: 20-11-12
Merit Listed: 09-01-13
Position Offered: x
Enrollment/Swear in: x
Basic Training Begins: x

Quick question. Does anyone else have any recent experience with merit list wait for Infantry? I haven't asked how I scored on my interview but I know that I scored "Superior" on all three CFAT categories, and felt that the interview went OK. I'm also not as active as I was in the summer but still exercise regularly (3-5x/wk).

I know it has only been 2 days since I was listed but I just wanted to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

redtom said:
Recruiting Center: CFRC Calgary
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Artillery
Application Date: Oct 24 2012
First Contact: Dec 11 2012
Aptitude Test: Jan 11 2013
Medical exam: Jan 11 2013
Interview: Jan 11 2013
Fitness Test: tba
Merit Listed:  tba
Position Offered: tba
Swearing In: tba
Basic Training Begins: tba

Interview, medical and CFAT went well, just need to book my fitness test and sort out a doctor's note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back