• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Center: Online
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: AEC
Trade Choice 3: ???
Application Date: December 5, 2012
First Contact: December 17, 2012 - file txfrd Vancouver
Aptitude Test: TBA
Interview: TBA
Medical: TBA
Merit Listed: TBA
Position Offered: TBA
Enrollment/Swear in: TBA
Basic Training Begins: TBA

Did all this in summer '96, fresh outta university. Scored high, passed all... denied Flight Crew for really small defect in vision, was offered NAV but I was young-n-stupid so I declined the offer...  Should be good now that rules have changed a bit. Now we start all over again!

Recruting Center: Montreal
Component: Primary Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Weapons Technician
Trade Choice 2: Infantery
Trade Choice 3: Combat Engineer
Application Date: May'15 2012
First Contact: May May'22 2012 and May'29 2012 for informations
Tests:
CFAT- August 27' 2012
Medical-  September 11' 2012
Physical- December 5' 2012
Interview- September 11' 2012
Position Offered: Waiting
Basic Training Begins:  Waiting...

I hope start my BMQ, soon...  I know that my position was openned when I had apply, in may 2012...

Ducam said:
I'm very glad I found this forum as it has answered many questions and given me insight on how long this process may take.

Recruting Center: Toronto
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Infantry
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: November 21st/2012
First Contact: Pending
Med, aptitude completed : Pending
PT Test completed: Pending
Interview completed: Pending
Position Offered: Pending
Basic Training Begins: Pending

I was informed that my application has been sent to the local RC. I contacted a recruiter from the office and was informed that they will put me through the recruitment process in anticipation of recruitment needs for the new fiscal year. If things go well I will have completed everything by April 1st and just wait to be sent off.

Hey everyone,
I'm sending out to everybody who's in the application process (such as myself  :p) the best wishes for the new year.
I sincerely hope each and every one of you deserving candidates gets their spot in the CF!

Take care, I'm off to tear down the tree  :gottree:

Edit before the gramma Nazi's slaughter me.

Recruting Center: Montreal
Component: Primary Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Weapons Technician
Trade Choice 2: Infantery
Trade Choice 3: Combat Engineer
Application Date: May'15 2012
First Contact: May May'22 2012 and May'29 2012 for informations
Tests:
CFAT- August 27' 2012
Medical-  September 11' 2012
Physical- December 5' 2012
Interview- September 11' 2012
Position Offered: January '7 2013
Sworn in: January 19' 2013
Basic Training Begins:  february '8 2013

I'm very happy !

Good year everybody ! :)

greenmachine said:
Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: October 2nd, 2012
Application Date sent to Hamilton: October 10th, 2012
First Contact: October 17th, 2012
Aptitude Test: November 1st, 2012
Interview: November 7th, 2012
Medical: November 13th, 2012
PT test: December 4th, 2012
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins: January 2013?

Just had the PT test this morning. It was really simple and I passed. I guess now my file is being sent to my unit and I should hear back soon. Do you guys think I should call the RC or the regiment themselves if I don't hear in a few weeks?

I received an email from the unit recruiter today saying that she was going to contact the CFRC and see if they're "ready". I'm assuming she means to send my file over, and prepare for swearing in. I hope so anyways. One step closer (I think)  ;D

[quote author=Amarko87]
Recruiting centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry Plan: ROTP (RMC)
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: ACSO
Trade choice 3: AEC
Application date: Nov 14, 2012
CFAT completed: Nov 28, 2012
Medical completed: Dec 17, 2012
Interview completed: Jan 7, 2013
ASC completed: Pending
ACSO Test: Pending
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Enrollment/ swearing in:
[/quote]

Went in for my interview and was pleasantly surprised that my interviewer had some actual knowledge of what was going on in the recruiting process.  Got some solid information.  Most importantly, was able to understand where I sit compared to some others.

Despite having high school marks in the mid 70s and not submitting my university transcripts (since those marks were worse - different priorities) I thought I would be able to submit my most recent college marks )only one semester done, but 6/6 A+).  Turns out college marks don't count unless you've completed a diploma. I was shocked by that.  But I controlled what I could, knew everything about my trades, scored super well on the interview and had a near perfect score on the CFAT, and I was told I'd be heading to ASC shortly!  No date yet, but just waiting on the call now!

Amarko,
Keep me posted on when you're going to ASC. I've been following your posts and look forward to going with you. I've mailed in my last stretch of medical documents this week and should be getting news (fairly) soon regarding ASC if all goes well.

Cheers!
:cdn:

Went in for my interview and was pleasantly surprised that my interviewer had some actual knowledge of what was going on in the recruiting process.  Got some solid information.  Most importantly, was able to understand where I sit compared to some others.

Care to share? ;D (DEO pilot applicant here)

Gunshark said:
Care to share? ;D (DEO pilot applicant here)
The biggest thing he told me was that there's 45 pilot spots left, 22 ACSO, and 12 AEC.  And that those 3, in that order are the most common applications he sees.  So it's very competitive.  We knew it was competitive already but I didn't know how common those 3 trades were.  And all 3 require additional testing.

At first I was really worried about my marks.  They were the weakest point of my application.  They have an excel sheet programmed to calculate all your stats/scores into a single point total that everyone applying receives.  There is a cut off for this total, and if you are above it you get to go to ASC.  When he looked at my score he thought something was wrong since someone with that poor marks in high school and no university shouldn't have as high a score as mine.  My CFAT was tw highest score he's seen so far this application season, and boosted my point total tremendously.  I also did really well on the interview, second to only a few.  The interview itself hardly matters for Aircrew trades, I was told.  It is of the utmost importance for almost every single other trade, but for any aircrew, the additional testing and ASC are the most important things that you must do well on.

Without icing too much away, if you focus on the things you can actually control, you can and will do well.  That was very refreshing to find out for me.  Also, with my marks, I was told that I would most likely not attend RMC but go the Civ U route instead.  March 15 is the initial selection deadline.  Make sure you apply for Civ U options if you put options down on your application.

Also, you get your CAPSS study guide after they call you to set up the dates for your trip to the ASC.

Alex

Recruiting Centre: Online
Trade 1: Aviation System Technician
Trade 2: Medical Technician
Trade 2: Firefighter
Application Date: November 30, 2012 (Documents sent in 2 weeks after)
First Contact: January 8, 2013
CFAT: TBA
Merit Listed: TBA
Position Offered: TBA
Enrolment: TBA
Swearing in: TBA
BMQ: TBA

Got an email asking for driver's license scans for Med Tech. The email also said that the Fire Fighter trade is for skilled workers that has prior service in the CF  ??? I thought it was available for unskilled workers?

korwynkim said:
Got an email asking for driver's license scans for Med Tech. The email also said that the Fire Fighter trade is for skilled workers that has prior service in the CF  ??? I thought it was available for unskilled workers?
They don't hire firefighters from outside the CF from what I've heard.  Everyone and their sister wants to be a firefighter.

Amarko87 said:
The biggest thing he told me was that there's 45 pilot spots left, 22 ACSO, and 12 AEC.  And that those 3, in that order are the most common applications he sees.  So it's very competitive.  We knew it was competitive already but I didn't know how common those 3 trades were.  And all 3 require additional testing.

At first I was really worried about my marks.  They were the weakest point of my application.  They have an excel sheet programmed to calculate all your stats/scores into a single point total that everyone applying receives.  There is a cut off for this total, and if you are above it you get to go to ASC.  When he looked at my score he thought something was wrong since someone with that poor marks in high school and no university shouldn't have as high a score as mine.  My CFAT was tw highest score he's seen so far this application season, and boosted my point total tremendously.  I also did really well on the interview, second to only a few.  The interview itself hardly matters for Aircrew trades, I was told.  It is of the utmost importance for almost every single other trade, but for any aircrew, the additional testing and ASC are the most important things that you must do well on.

Without icing too much away, if you focus on the things you can actually control, you can and will do well.  That was very refreshing to find out for me.  Also, with my marks, I was told that I would most likely not attend RMC but go the Civ U route instead.  March 15 is the initial selection deadline.  Make sure you apply for Civ U options if you put options down on your application.

Also, you get your CAPSS study guide after they call you to set up the dates for your trip to the ASC.

Alex

Thanks Alex. You say there are 45 pilot spots left. Is that the total number? Or is that just the ROTP number? And were you told anything with regards to when the CF plans to fill those positions?

Good job on acing the CFAT and interview. Stay humble though. :) I'm a bit confused with your situation. Sounds like you have SOME university and SOME college? So your choices are either trying for ROTP or going the Civi U route and applying as DEO later on?

He'd do ROTP and get paid education while he goes to Civvy U.

Also Amarko87, thank you very much for the info.  I was wondering when I'd get my CAPSS study guide.

Cheers!

Recruiting Center: Online
Officer/NCM: Officer - DEO
Trade Choice 1: Logistics
Trade Choice 2: HCA
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: - November 22, 2011  (initially reserve - changed app to Reg force officially Feb 1, 2012)
First Contact: December 13, 2011 - confirmed reciept of supporting documents
Aptitude Test: June 4th - Qualified as Officer
Interview: July 31st (orig July 3 - CFRC cancelled and moved it)
Medical: July 17th
Merit Listed: Sept 14 (Log)
Position Offered: x
Enrollment/Swear in: x
Basic Training Begins: x

Just talked to my MCC and file manager. I'm going in Monday for an update interview to add HCA to my file and to write this new TSD test they have for 2013. I may have to do an update interview for Log as well.

Noctis said:
He'd do ROTP and get paid education while he goes to Civvy U.

Also Amarko87, thank you very much for the info.  I was wondering when I'd get my CAPSS study guide.

Cheers!

I do have some university and some college, but I am applying to new programs at different CivUs and at RMC as well.  My plan is to do a full 4 years anywhere I go, if I do get accepted.

Gunshark said:
Thanks Alex. You say there are 45 pilot spots left. Is that the total number? Or is that just the ROTP number? And were you told anything with regards to when the CF plans to fill those positions?
This includes everyone they are accepting under ROTP and DEO this year.  I know Initial ROTP offers go out before March 15.  Unsure if they will fill all the spots or just a few.  When I first started the application process in November there were 52 spots available. So they've already filled 7 spots, probably DEO that applied earlier in the year.

I've just received some DEO pilot info. PM me if interested. Although my understanding is that DEO program is not relevant for folks without degrees. Those who don't have degrees can apply as ROTP. Or go to Civi U unsubsidized (perhaps if not accepted to ROTP) and apply later as DEO. There is also a third program called CEOTP (I believe). There is plenty of info on this on this forum. Do a search if interested.

Recruiting Centre: Halifax
Trade 1: MP
Trade 2: Avn Tech
Trade 3:
Application Date: December, 2011
First Contact: May, 2012
CFAT: June, 2012
Interview:July 31st, 2012 (Avn Tech)
Medical: July 31st, 2012 (Avn Tech)
Medial completed: October, 2012  (Avn Tech)
Merit Listed: November 30th, 2012 (Avn Tech)
Position Offered: waiting
Swearing in: waiting
BMQ: waiting

Does anyone knows the intake plan for Avn tech?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back