• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amarko87 said:
How soon after your application did you get a call from the recruiters that you are competitive for ROTP?  I know not to expect a call right away, but I was hoping to hear back within a couple weeks.

They didn't say anything about being competitive for my ROTP application. All they said was that I had passed the CFAT and we scheduled my aptitude test. This all happened the same day I went in to take the CFAT.
The total score you acquire during all of these steps is what determines your competitiveness for ROTP.  This score is ''hidden''. You are merit listed if you pass every step, at which point your invisible score is what determines whether you are selected or not.

Noctis said:
They didn't say anything about being competitive for my ROTP application. All they said was that I had passed the CFAT and we scheduled my aptitude test. This all happened the same day I went in to take the CFAT.
The total score you acquire during all of these steps is what determines your competitiveness for ROTP.  This score is ''hidden''. You are merit listed if you pass every step, at which point your invisible score is what determines whether you are selected or not.
But the first step isn't the CFAT.  It is the recruiter hearing back from RMC regarding the Academic Questionnaire they send (for admission to RMC).  When the recruiter hears back from them, they call to set up the CFAT.  Am I correct?

Amarko87 said:
But the first step isn't the CFAT.  It is the recruiter hearing back from RMC regarding the Academic Questionnaire they send (for admission to RMC).  When the recruiter hears back from them, they call to set up the CFAT.  Am I correct?

That's quite possible and would make perfect sense from a recruiting POV.
I had over 90% average in my 2 CEGEP years (Yep, I'm from Québec), so that might explain why I got called so quickly to pass de CFAT. However, no one told me how/why I was selected to pass CFAT at this time, so I can't answer your question.
I assume you're still waiting for your CFAT?  Perhaps you could call your local CFRC and inquire about it, and post their response here.

Noctis said:
That's quite possible and would make perfect sense from a recruiting POV.
I had over 90% average in my 2 CEGEP years (Yep, I'm from Québec), so that might explain why I got called so quickly to pass de CFAT. However, no one told me how/why I was selected to pass CFAT at this time, so I can't answer your question.
I assume you're still waiting for your CFAT?  Perhaps you could call your local CFRC and inquire about it, and post their response here.
Without actually looking at your post I believe you applied in October?  I didn't apply until just before the deadling, Nov 14.  I think it's safe to assume that my time line will automatically be longer than yours simply due to the volume of applicants at the same time as I.

Amarko87 said:
Without actually looking at your post I believe you applied in October?  I didn't apply until just before the deadling, Nov 14.  I think it's safe to assume that my time line will automatically be longer than yours simply due to the volume of applicants at the same time as I.

Yes, I applied on October 29th. As for the deadline... I would assume so as well. However, to get a definite answer on what's going on, you really should call your local CFRC. Though normally I would expect you to be getting a call to schedule your CFAT in the coming weeks if you're selected for further processing, as things need to get done soon to meet RMC deadlines.
Are you a ROTP applicant?

Noctis said:
Yes, I applied on October 29th. As for the deadline... I would assume so as well. However, to get a definite answer on what's going on, you really should call your local CFRC. Though normally I would expect you to be getting a call to schedule your CFAT in the coming weeks if you're selected for further processing, as things need to get done soon to meet RMC deadlines.
Are you a ROTP applicant?
I am an ROTP applicant. I'm surprised I haven't heard anything. I've been in contact with one of the recruiters at the Ottawa CFRC through email, I'll do that now. He's been great at responding, so I should get a reply back shortly.

Recruiting centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry Plan: ROTP (RMC)
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: ACSO
Trade choice 3: Aerospace Controller
Application date: Nov 14, 2012
CFAT completed: Scheduled Nov 28, 2012
Interview completed:
Medical completed:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Enrollment/ swearing in:
BMQ begins:

Amarko87 said:
I am an ROTP applicant. I'm surprised I haven't heard anything. I've been in contact with one of the recruiters at the Ottawa CFRC through email, I'll do that now. He's been great at responding, so I should get a reply back shortly.

You applied not even two weeks ago, it's only normal to not have gotten a reply yet.  Relax  :p
Reminds me of when I was applying for the RCMP.  Took about 8 months before getting my letter that I was accepted to continue my application. This was after the aptitude test (step 1). The whole process is about 6 steps long...
Applying into the military or federal law enforcement is a lengthy process, and the government is a slow-moving beast.

UPDATE:

Recruiting centre: Hamilton, ON
Regular/Reserves: Reg
NCM/Officer: DEO (previous service)
Trade choice 1: MARS
Trade choice 2: Navy LOG
Trade choice 3: ....
Application date: November 2010
First contact: December 2010
CFAT: Not required
Medical: January 2011 (waiting on D Med Pol)
Interview: April 11, 2011
Merit Listed: July 2011
Job Offered: MARS - 28 SEP 12
Swearing in: 22 OCT 12   17 NOV 12
BMOQ: 29 OCT 12 07 JAN 12

Was told a couple of weeks ago that my PLAR hadn't come back yet, therefore, I was being sent to do the next BMOQ in January.  Just received a call from my file manager informing me that my PLAR has come back, I am bypassing BMOQ, swearing in ASAP and when they find out what course I will be loaded on, I will be posted.  Best news I've gotten since I got the job offer back in September; heres hoping they don't call back with more bad news!!!  :facepalm:

Noctis said:
You applied not even two weeks ago, it's only normal to not have gotten a reply yet.  Relax  :p
Reminds me of when I was applying for the RCMP.  Took about 8 months before getting my letter that I was accepted to continue my application. This was after the aptitude test (step 1). The whole process is about 6 steps long...
Applying into the military or federal law enforcement is a lengthy process, and the government is a slow-moving beast.
I understand.  I've researched the process, I'm just anxious and nervous, and this is the part of the process I'm worried about.  Once I get to the CFAT and interview I will stand out, but my grades may hold me back from even getting to that point.  From what you posted, you applied Oct 29, and completed the CFAT Nov 22.  But that means you got a call to schedule the CFAT earlier, correct?

Amarko87 said:
I understand.  I've researched the process, I'm just anxious and nervous, and this is the part of the process I'm worried about.  Once I get to the CFAT and interview I will stand out, but my grades may hold me back from even getting to that point.  From what you posted, you applied Oct 29, and completed the CFAT Nov 22.  But that means you got a call to schedule the CFAT earlier, correct?

Grades are much more important than CFAT when applying to RMC; at least they were back in 99' when I applied.

half-pint said:
Grades are much more important than CFAT when applying to RMC; at least they were back in 99' when I applied.
From what I understand, they still are.  Which is my concern.  I did not submit my university transcripts (two different universities for a combined 3 years), and I am currently in college (with a renewed motivation, I should add) and I currently have a 4.0 GPA over 6 courses, while holding 4 part time jobs and volunteering.  If my high school grades (high 70's) were enough to be accepted to 5 Civ U honours programs, I'm hoping my sports and extracurriculars will aid me.

Also, while typing this, received a call from the CFRC.  Sent an email to one of the Sargeants at the centre, got the call to set up my CFAT just 15 minutes later.  Going in this Wednesday morning.

Amarko87 said:
Also, while typing this, received a call from the CFRC.  Sent an email to one of the Sargeants at the centre, got the call to set up my CFAT just 15 minutes later.  Going in this Wednesday morning.

Great to hear! :)
Now, let's hope we get to go to Trenton  ;)

Amarko87 said:
From what I understand, they still are.  Which is my concern.  I did not submit my university transcripts (two different universities for a combined 3 years), and I am currently in college (with a renewed motivation, I should add) and I currently have a 4.0 GPA over 6 courses, while holding 4 part time jobs and volunteering.  If my high school grades (high 70's) were enough to be accepted to 5 Civ U honours programs, I'm hoping my sports and extracurriculars will aid me.

I wish you the best of luck; RMC is a great school and you'll have a great time!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Sudbury
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: AERE
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: October 29, 2012
Application Date sent to Sudbury: ~November 15, 2012
First Contact: November 21, 2012
Aptitude Test: November 26, 2012 (Passed)
Interview: November 28, 2012
Medical: November 28, 2012
ASC:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMOQ Begins:

Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: October 2nd, 2012
Application Date sent to Hamilton: October 10th, 2012
First Contact: October 17th, 2012
Aptitude Test: November 1st, 2012
Interview: November 7th, 2012
Medical: November 13th, 2012
PT test: December 4th, 2012.
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins: January 2013

Since the last time I posted, I've done my medical and my interview. For the medical, I had to take a form to my optician and get him to fill it out with the results of my last eye exam. Anyone else ever have to do that? Anyways, I think I passed since they rang me this morning and booked my PT test! Last thing to do and then I'll be on my way to starting.  Good luck to everyone else waiting for a call!

kfran said:
UPDATE

Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Aerospace Engineer
Trade Choice 2:  Marine Systems Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Naval Combat Systems Engineer
Online Application Date: - May 23, 2012
Application Date sent to Hamilton: June 18, 2012
First Contact: July, 2, 2012 (approx)
Aptitude Test: July, 20, 2012 (approx)
Interview: Aug 21, 2012
Medical: Aug, 28, 2012
Merit Listed: Oct, 17, 2012
Position Offered: Waiting
Enrollment/Swear in: Waiting
BMOQ Begins: Waiting

Hopefully an offer soon!  ...Then I can proud. To be of service to Canada :cdnsalute:

Final UPDATE

Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Aerospace Engineer
Trade Choice 2:  Marine Systems Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Naval Combat Systems Engineer (offered)
Online Application Date: - May 23, 2012
Application Date sent to Hamilton: June 18, 2012
First Contact: July, 2, 2012 (approx)
Aptitude Test: July, 20, 2012 (approx)
Interview: Aug 21, 2012
Medical: Aug, 28, 2012
Merit Listed: Oct, 17, 2012
Position Offered: Nov 28, 2012
Enrollment/Swear in: Dec 17, 2012
BMOQ Begins: Jan, 7 , 2013

Should be an amazing experience!! :)

Amarko87 said:

Recruiting centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Entry Plan: ROTP (RMC)
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: ACSO
Trade choice 3: Aerospace Control
Application date: Nov 14, 2012
CFAT completed: Nov 28, 2012
Interview completed: Scheduled Dec 17, 2012
Medical completed: Scheduled Dec 17, 2012
ASC completed:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Enrollment/ swearing in:

Devo3733 said:
Recruiting Centre: Calgary, AB
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Med Tech
Trade Choice 2: none
Trade Choice 3:  none
Application Date: April 10 2012
CFAT Completed : March 2009 (long story)
Medical Completed: August 16 2012
Interview completed: August 16 2012
Merit Listed: August 2012
Position Offered: November 28
Sworn in: December 19th
Basic Training: January 7th

Just got my phone call today, off to BMQ for Jan 7, 6 months from start to job offer.

half-pint said:
UPDATE:

Recruiting centre: Hamilton, ON
Regular/Reserves: Reg
NCM/Officer: DEO (previous service)
Trade choice 1: MARS
Trade choice 2: Navy LOG
Trade choice 3: ....
Application date: November 2010
First contact: December 2010
CFAT: Not required
Medical: January 2011 (waiting on D Med Pol)
Interview: April 11, 2011
Merit Listed: July 2011
Job Offered: MARS - 28 SEP 12
Swearing in: 22 OCT 12   17 NOV 12 06 DEC 12
BMOQ: 29 OCT 12 07 JAN 12 Bypassed

Flying to Esquimalt, BC on the 8th of December and starting NETP-O sometime in the near future. When things happen, they happen fast!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back