• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused that they seem to contact references after the interview/medical. Last year my references were contacted after my CFAT. I was told the references are really just to confirm you are who you say you are and that you aren't a maniac. It seems odd they would go through the interview/medical before that...

Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Application Date: December 2011
First contact: January 2012
Appointment Scheduled: February 2012
CFAT: March 2012
Interview: March 2012
Medical: March 2012
References Contacted: Waiting
Merit listed: Waiting
Position offered: Waiting
Sworn in: Waiting
Basic Training Begins: Waiting

jemcgrg said:
Recruiting Centre: Fredericton
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade 1: Signals Officer
Trade 2: AEC
Trade 3: EME
Application Date: Feb 2010
First Contact: March 2010
CFAT: Completed March 2010
Medical: This will be my second. April 26th 2012!
Interview: --
Merit Listed: --
Position Offered: --
Enrolment: --
Swearing in: --
BM0Q: --

This is my third year applying. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that I'll get in this time!!

Update- Interview booked May 22!

UPDATE

RDY2SRV12 said:
Recruiting Center: Online/CFRC Mississauga
Trade Choice 1: ATIS
Trade Choice 2: AVN
Trade Choice 3: RMS
Application Date: 14Mar12
First Contact: 30Mar12 - confirmed receipt of supporting documents (sent by mail 22Mar12)
Second Contact: 03Apr12 -File transferred to CFRC Mississauga
Aptitude Test: Existing on file
Medical: 8May12 Passed Parts I, II. File sent to Ottawa 9May12
Interview: 9May12 Successful, will be listed for all choices pending outcome of ERC.
ERC: Sent 20Apr12 Waiting for results.
Merit Listed: x
Position Offered: x
Enrollment/Swear in: x
Basic Training Begins: x

Today marks two months since I submitted my application.

jemcgrg said:
You are lucky to be moving so quickly

If it is luck then I hope fortune continues to favor me.  I think it has more to do with timing and my qualifications.

CFRC: Oshawa
Trade Choice 1:Traffic Tech (was supply)
Trade Choice 2: Supply
Trade Choice 3:RMS
Application Date:June 28 2011
Verification of former service: Arrived Sept 22 2011 (could not move forward in the process without it)
Aptitude completed : did not need/previous service
Med Files from previous service: Arrived 22 Oct 2011 (could not move forward in the process without it)
Interview: Oct 31 2011
Medical: Oct 31 2011
Merit Listed: December 2011 (did traffic tech interview may 14 2012, awaiting merit listing for it)
Position Offered: pending
Basic Training Begins: pending

Recruiting Center: Online/Barrie
Officer/NCM: Officer- DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: Infantry Changed to Armour at interview
Trade Choice 3: ACSO
Application Date: July 2011 (Originally)
CFAT: End of July 2011
Reapplication date: Jan 2012 (Online)
Interview booked: April 30
Medical booked: May 9
Position Offered:
Merit Listed:
Basic Training Begins:

Got a message that I didn't put down my CFAT date...

I originally applied last year in early July, wrote my CFAT around the end of that month.  Delays in processing prevented me from being interviewed and such as the positions were already filled for the year.

Medical went very well last week... have to do some follow up with my GP, and get some bloodwork and other tests done. Got my eye test the same day as the medical, 20/20, no vision issues at all.  ;D

PrettyMaggie63 said:
Wow, two months, wait till you've been waiting two years + or longer!!

Yeah, mine's been a three year wait so far. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with my qualifications not being up to Par.

PrettyMaggie63 said:
Wow, two months, wait till you've been waiting two years + or longer!!

I was not making a declaration of how I felt about the time frame, merely a statement of fact for reference. I am quite happy with how things are progressing. I will not IMHO be waiting for two years; I applied with prior knowledge of the process and prepared adequately for the task. Prior to applying I assembled all of my paperwork and background material, obtained the education required for the trades I want, and generally got my **** together before submitting the application. I am currently working on a proactive approach to the current stage of the application process, which I hope to have settled within the next few weeks. I have been assured that this is all I am waiting for at this point. The only possible issue that I see arising is missing the selection date due to the current delay.

RDY2SRV12 said:
I was not making a declaration of how I felt about the time frame, merely a statement of fact for reference. I am quite happy with how things are progressing. I will not IMHO be waiting for two years; I applied with prior knowledge of the process and prepared adequately for the task. Prior to applying I assembled all of my paperwork and background material, obtained the education required for the trades I want, and generally got my **** together before submitting the application. I am currently working on a proactive approach to the current stage of the application process, which I hope to have settled within the next few weeks. I have been assured that this is all I am waiting for at this point. The only possible issue that I see arising is missing the selection date due to the current delay.

Well, I hope it all works out for you, IMHO I never dreamed I would have been waiting two years either. When I applied in 2010, I too had all my **** shit together as you put it, had all the requirements, and had the same attitude of "I won't be waiting for two years". And now, two years later, still jumping through the hoops. JeMcgrg, feel free to chime in and share you story of "reality". My concern now is I soon turn fifty, my clock IS ticking.

PrettyMaggie63 said:
Well, I hope it all works out for you, IMHO I never dreamed I would have been waiting two years either. When I applied in 2010, I too had all my **** crap together as you put it, had all the requirements, and had the same attitude of "I won't be waiting for two years". And now, two years later, still jumping through the hoops. JeMcgrg, feel free to chime in and share you story of "reality". My concern now is I soon turn fifty, my clock IS ticking.

Your "reality" and my "reality" can be, and indeed are, completely different. For instance;

You have stated, on August 27, 2011, 02:11:22 "I was deemed unfit as I was taking a medication prn," and "A few weeks later I received the "letter of doom" saying I was unfit for military service because of the medication." and on August 28, 2011, 13:01:21, you stated "I started the application process in January of this year. I had my interview, medical, and all checks done but was then rejected by the MRO due to an "as needed" medication. I was not out right rejected, but "put on hold" until next May, when a year has passed since I have stopped taken the medication.

I do not have any medical issues, and thus have not been delayed or rejected based on a medical condition; you have. Furthermore if you started your application in January of 2011 you have been waiting for 16 months, not 2+ years.

Unless of course you actually applied earlier, as you have stated, on February 03, 2012, 11:58:49, that, "I can tell you about my adventure applying for RMS Clerk. I applied September 2010 and RMS Clerk was my first choice with ACop as my second. I got a call January 2011 to start processing for ACop as there were openings. By the time everything was processed (CFAT, interview, medical, and security checks) ACop was full. They suggested I switch to RMS Clerk as there were openings. About a week later I got a call saying that I didn't meet the requirements. I have my high school diploma and a college diploma but did not have Grade 10 academic math. They had my application for 10 months and didn't realized I didn't have the requirements.

Regardless of when you actually applied, in this statement, you clearly applied for jobs which you were not qualified for. Again, here we differ, as I am fully qualified for the jobs I have applied for. Now I was going to leave this alone but it really bothered me that you continued to blame this oversight on the CF member who was handling your file. Why is it the member's fault that you applied for a job you were not qualified for? Is this an example of you having your "crap" together?

I feel that I have clearly outlined why it is not necessary for you to relate your experience in such a negative manner to prospective members of the CF. Your situation is different from everyone else's, and is not the typical enrolment. Furthermore you have clearly caused some of your own delays. I could further outline the other many differences between us, as prospective applicant's, but my effort here is not to demean you, but to point out that when you make bold statements you need to be sure you are talking from a position of knowledge.

I hope that this bit of "reality" has not offended you, it is not my intent.

Regards,

RDY2SRV12 said:
I hope that

I hope that, now that you have repeatedly congratulated yourself on how good you are, you realize that you have very little control on the process and it's outcome. That no matter how "together" your shyte is, it's going to take as long as it takes, no matter what you do.

CDN Aviator said:
I hope that, now that you have repeatedly congratulated yourself on how good you are, you realize that you have very little control on the process and it's outcome. That no matter how "together" your shyte is, it's going to take as long as it takes, no matter what you do.

I never once complained about the process, or the length of time it is taking, or will take, in fact I have repeatedly stated my appreciation of how smoothly things are going. 

RDY2SRV12 said:
Your "reality" and my "reality" can be, and indeed are, completely different. For instance;

You have stated, on August 27, 2011, 02:11:22 "I was deemed unfit as I was taking a medication prn," and "A few weeks later I received the "letter of doom" saying I was unfit for military service because of the medication." and on August 28, 2011, 13:01:21, you stated "I started the application process in January of this year. I had my interview, medical, and all checks done but was then rejected by the MRO due to an "as needed" medication. I was not out right rejected, but "put on hold" until next May, when a year has passed since I have stopped taken the medication.

I do not have any medical issues, and thus have not been delayed or rejected based on a medical condition; you have. Furthermore if you started your application in January of 2011 you have been waiting for 16 months, not 2+ years.

Unless of course you actually applied earlier, as you have stated, on February 03, 2012, 11:58:49, that, "I can tell you about my adventure applying for RMS Clerk. I applied September 2010 and RMS Clerk was my first choice with ACop as my second. I got a call January 2011 to start processing for ACop as there were openings. By the time everything was processed (CFAT, interview, medical, and security checks) ACop was full. They suggested I switch to RMS Clerk as there were openings. About a week later I got a call saying that I didn't meet the requirements. I have my high school diploma and a college diploma but did not have Grade 10 academic math. They had my application for 10 months and didn't realized I didn't have the requirements.

Regardless of when you actually applied, in this statement, you clearly applied for jobs which you were not qualified for. Again, here we differ, as I am fully qualified for the jobs I have applied for. Now I was going to leave this alone but it really bothered me that you continued to blame this oversight on the CF member who was handling your file. Why is it the member's fault that you applied for a job you were not qualified for? Is this an example of you having your "crap" together?

I feel that I have clearly outlined why it is not necessary for you to relate your experience in such a negative manner to prospective members of the CF. Your situation is different from everyone else's, and is not the typical enrolment. Furthermore you have clearly caused some of your own delays. I could further outline the other many differences between us, as prospective applicant's, but my effort here is not to demean you, but to point out that when you make bold statements you need to be sure you are talking from a position of knowledge.

I hope that this bit of "reality" has not offended you, it is not my intent.

Regards,

Not your intent to demean, or offend? Read it again. You don't know my whole story, I don't post my life on here. I have not put the blame on to the CF member as you stated, it was an oversight, the file member told me that. I wasn't whining about it, just put my nose to the books and got what I needed.
I am tired of people who post "I applied 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing", etc. CDN Aviator said it right, it will happen when it happens.
You are right about one thing, we are completely different, cause your **** smells too.
By the way, use spell check if you can't spell correctly.

PrettyMaggie63 said:
Not your intent to demean, or offend? Read it again. You don't know my whole story, I don't post my life on here. I have not put the blame on to the CF member as you stated, it was an oversight, the file member told me that. I wasn't whining about it, just put my nose to the books and got what I needed.
I am tired of people who post "I applied 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing", etc. CDN Aviator said it right, it will happen when it happens.
You are right about one thing, we are completely different, cause your **** smells too.
By the way, use spell check if you can't spell correctly.

Please show me where and when I ever complained about the process. The fact is I have not. You on the other hand have, on many occasions. You took it upon yourself to comment on my post, without actually reading it accurately, which I have already replied to. I think it is great that you did what you did to qualify yourself. Spell check eh? I think you will find that the only mistakes are in the quotes from your posts.

For the record; I posted at the end of my update that I have reached such and such point and it has been 2 months since I applied, that is all. You seem to be offended by this and took the time to share your "reality".

It is my hope that more people share their positive stories, and less complaints about how long the process can take. CDNAviator is correct, however I feel that his statement is misdirected at me and should be directed at people like you that fill these pages with complaints about "jumping through hoops." You are also correct in your assessment that my feces is also odorous, however I have spent the time and effort cleaning it up, which was the point of my previous reply, not to aggrandize myself.

I apologize for any misconception of my intent here. I hope that this clears things up.

I have more important things to do with my time then sit and read up on other people's back posts. I am putting this to rest, you want to pick everything I have ever said on here apart, knock yourself out.
Go back to gloating about yourself, I'm done with this.

Ladies, calm down and who gives a damn. Get back on topic, you guys could settle this via PM's.

KeoughJ said:
Ladies, calm down and who gives a damn. Get back on topic, you guys could settle this via PM's.

Done.

Thank you KeoughJ, for referring to me as a lady, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back