• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Center: CFRC Edmonton, AB
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Signal Operator
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: December 9th, 2010
First Contact: March 1st, 2011
Aptitude Completed: March 8th, 2011
Medical Completed: March 14th, 2011
Interview Completed: March 14th, 2011
Medical Approved: March 14th, 2011
Security Check Completed: March 2011
Merit Listed: April 2011
Position Offered: Pending
Swearing In: Pending
Basic Training Begins: Pending

Good luck to everyone!

looks like most people who had there interviews mid march still haven't got calls yet...lets hope we get em soon  :salute:

Clam said:
looks like most people who had there interviews mid march still haven't got calls yet...lets hope we get em soon  :salute:

I finished my interview as well as all other aspects of the application before March and am merit listed. I still haven't received a call and don't expect too anytime soon. As another member pointed out, not very many job offers went out in the first few weeks for April but speculated that more would start going out starting on April 15th. Even if this holds to be true, keep on moving and planning ahead for civilian life because they might not be taking very many people in this year.

P.S. Sorry if that came out as mean or discouraging. I didn't mean it like that. Just don't get your hopes up otherwise you may end up severely disappointed.

Good day,

Thought I would share this, I called my local CFRC yesterday for the statues of my application, after giving the operator my service number, he proceeded and looked at my file. He then told me ``Just wait for a phone call``,  I asked him if that meant I was being considered for a job offer, he said he could not give me any further information and that I wait for a phone call. That call made my day; hopefully my interpretation of what he said is correct.

regards
Sleath

Sleath said:
Good day,

Thought I would share this, I called my local CFRC yesterday for the statues of my application, after giving the operator my service number, he proceeded and looked at my file. He then told me ``Just wait for a phone call``,  I asked him if that meant I was being considered for a job offer, he said he could not give me any further information and that I wait for a phone call. That call made my day; hopefully my interpretation of what he said is correct.

regards
Sleath

I went to the RC in person just now. The recruiter took my photo ID and looked up my file and after a couple of minutes of silence he gives me back my ID and says "Alright... just wait for a phone call." He said that's all the info he has for now and that he's not sure when they'll be sending offers. I wasn't sure if i was merit-listed yet but that pretty much answered my question.

Good day,

I noticed you have two of the same trades as me SIG OP, LCIS (ACISS). From the (4) times I have called thus far pre-April 1st, I was told the same thing (x4) `` You are currently Merit Listed, nothing else I can tell you as of now``, so to get a different reply from an update was quiet surprising . So I guess it’s looking good for us, let’s just hope for the best.

regards
sleath

Sleath said:
Good day,

I noticed you have two of the same trades as me SIG OP, LCIS (ACISS). From the (4) times I have called thus far pre-April 1st, I was told the same thing (x4) `` You are currently Merit Listed, nothing else I can tell you as of now``, so to get a different reply from an update was quiet surprising . So I guess it’s looking good for us, let’s just hope for the best.

regards
sleath

I actually changed Sig Op to EO Tech. Sig Op and LCIS is a little redundant anyway since they both start off with the ACISS base.
But anyway...yes, let's cross our fingers and hope for the best! :)

Booty22 said:
Recruting Center: St. Johns NL
Trade Choice 1: Mar Eng Mech
Trade Choice 2: Nes Op
Trade Choice 3: Son OP
Application Date: January 6 2011
First Contact: March
Aptitude completed : 17 March 2011
Medical Completed: 17 March 2011
Interview completed: 17 March 2011
Medical Approved: Yes
Security check completed : Yes
Merit Listed: Yes

First Contact: March 2011
Position Offered: Maritime Engineering Mechanic Sea
Basic Training Begins: April 25 2011

Booty22 said:

When did you receive the call for the offer?

Sleath said:
Good day,

regards
sleath

I called two weeks ago and got the exact same response. The "You are currently Merit Listed, nothing else I can tell you as of now" one, not the other one you mentioned. I'm glad to hear you got a different reply however the last time you called. Maybe this means the time is drawing nearer for those of us who applied for Sig Op.
My family has been awfully discouraging lately. Saying things like "it's taking forever, you're not going to get in" as well as "just quit." So to be able to prove them wrong would be great :)

Just out of curiosity, what kind of volunteer work/extra-curricular activities did you put down on your application?

Good luck to you Sleath!

Donovanpayne said:
I called two weeks ago and got the exact same response. The "You are currently Merit Listed, nothing else I can tell you as of now" one, not the other one you mentioned. I'm glad to hear you got a different reply however the last time you called. Maybe this means the time is drawing nearer for those of us who applied for Sig Op.
My family has been awfully discouraging lately. Saying things like "it's taking forever, you're not going to get in" as well as "just quit." So to be able to prove them wrong would be great :)

Just out of curiosity, what kind of volunteer work/extra-curricular activities did you put down on your application?

Good luck to you Sleath!

Good day,

Appreciate it, just keep a positive mind and stay determined. I had quite a few on my application:

- 48 hours of Community Service at a local school
- Red Cross member at my University
- Track and Field team (3 years running)
- Cross country (2 years running)
- Weight training (Every other day for the past 4 years)
- Cardio (days I don’t weight lift) (Every other day for the past 4 years)
- Swimming (Weekends)
- Baby-sit on Fridays (past year)

I had others but forgot what else I had on there :p Hope everything goes well for you to, best of luck.

regards
sleath

Booty22 said:

Congrats

First time ever applying, I think my situation is a bit different.

Recruting Center: Royal Hamilton Light Infantry Unit, Hamilton, Ontario
Entry Plan: Halton Canadian Forces Co-operative Education Plan (Through my High School)
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: April 19, 2011
First Contact:
Aptitude completed :
Medical Completed:
Interview completed:
Medical Approved:
Security check completed :
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins:

Recruiting center: Canadian Forces Recruiting Center Vancouver, seaforth Highlanders of Canada Light Infantry Unit
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice: Infantry
Application Date: February 5th 2011
First Contact: End of Feb. 2011
Aptitude and Medical Completed: Middle of March 2011
Interview Completed: April 13th 2011
security Check Completed: Yes
Merit Listed: Not sure

Little update:

Recruiting Center: Montréal
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: Officer
Program: ROTP (Civie-U as first choice)
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: May 13th 2010
First Contacted: September 14th
References contacted: Mid-October
CFAT completed : September 28th
Medical completed: October 20th
Interview completed: October 20th
Optometrical tests: October 22th
Blood test and ECG: November 3rd
Contact for ASC: January 12th 2011
ASC: January 24th
Pilot Medical at Toronto DRDC: January 27th-28th
Position Offered: April 20th (ROTP-Pilot, civilian university)

Update:

Recruting Center: Kitchener
Officer/NCM: Officer - ROTP
Trade Choice 1: Nursing
Application Date: 2 January 2011
First Contact: 5 January 2011
Aptitude completed : 2006 - with Reserve application (medically denied - V5)
Medical completed: 7 February 2011
Target Interview: 2 February 2011
Interview completed: 10 February 2011
Position Offered: 19 April 2011

The Recruiting Center said it wasn't clear which in element I would be placed. I am also waiting to hear back regarding my enrollment date. I am very excited for recruit camp this summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back