• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a big chunk of people are put on hold at some point. How long depends on your trade and CFAT results. Remember, infantry is a very popular trade so your competing against hundreds of others. Good luck!

sunny1994 said:
Been almost a year and nothings progressed in my application. Last I heard From the CFRC back in December they told me that my application had been put on hold till march due too my trade not hiring... which they are now........ I guess I will call and send an email to see what's up. Has anyone else been contacted and told the same thing?

If you were given a specific date then I would wait till then before contacting anyone. At this point they'll more than likely tell you they will process you once the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group gives the RC the go ahead to do so. Its always good to touch base with your file manager to express interest but I'd wait given how close March is and the fact we are still in the Fiscal Year for 2014-2015. I think the only people being processed now are those that have been merit listed

FortYorkRifleman said:
I think the only people being processed now are those that have been merit listed

False plenty people are being processed for the start of FY 2015-2016 hiring. Which should start some time in early March.

KerryBlue said:
False plenty people are being processed for the start of FY 2015-2016 hiring. Which should start some time in early March.

If that's the case I stand corrected.

sunny1994 said:
Been almost a year and nothings progressed in my application. Last I heard From the CFRC back in December they told me that my application had been put on hold till march due too my trade not hiring... which they are now........ I guess I will call and send an email to see what's up. Has anyone else been contacted and told the same thing?

Take my advice for what it's worth!  Call your CFRC soonest......    :nod:

Updated!

Recruiting Centre: St. John's
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade Choice 2: None
Trade Choice 3: None
Application Date: November. 14th 2014
First Contact: November. 27th, 2014
CFAT: December. 1st, 2014 - Passed
Medical: March 3rd, 2015
Interview: March 3rd, 2015
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Swear In:
BMQ:

sunny1994 said:
In my case, I found out that my file had been closed due to "lack of contact", even though I was calling regularly. I called as soon as possible to reopen it which was actually quite easy. Since then, I have been contacted by my file manager concerning my application on several occasions and now I'm waiting for my second interview and medical on the 24th for Pilot. I had not heard anything from my previous infantry application so I decided to apply for a position that was hiring and in demand.

*** Update ***

The interview was as relaxed and straight forward as stated in this forum! Just have to visit my doctor and hope I pass the medical!!

Recruiting Centre: Halifax
Trade Choice 1: Weapons Engineering Technician
Trade Choice 2: None
Application Date: November. 3rd 2014
First Contact: November. 12th, 2014
CFAT: January. 15th, 2015 - Passed
Medical: February 11th, 2015 - Pending
Interview: February 11th, 2015 - Passed
Merit Listed: Awaiting
Position Offered: Awaiting
Swear In: Awaiting
BMQ: Awaiting

Recruting Center: Edmonton
Trade Choice 1: Naval Combat Information Operator
Trade Choice 2: Aircraft Structures
Trade Choice 3: Naval Electric Tech
Application Date: September, 2014 (online)
First Contact: November 27, 2014
Medical, aptitude completed : November 27, 2014
Interview completed: November 27, 2014
Position Offered: February 23, 2015 (Naval Electric Tech)
Sworn in: February 27, 2015
Basic Training Begins: March 2,2015

Didn't leave me a lot of time for goodbyes and whatnot! oh well ill see you all out at St. Jean on the 28th

CGF1988 said:
Recruiting Centre: CFRC OTTAWA
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade Choice 2: Biomedical Electronics Technologist
Application Date: SEPTEMBER 5th, 2014
First Contact: AUGUST 22nd
CFAT: SEPTEMBER 29th, 2014
Medical: JANUARY 22nd, 2015
Interview: JANUARY 22nd, 2015
Merit Listed: FEBRUARY 20th, 2015
Position Offered: FEBRUARY 24th, 2015
Swear In: TBD ?
BMQ: MARCH 2nd, 2015

Recruiting Center: Ottawa, ON
Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: MP
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: April 25, 2014
First Contact: April 26, 2014
CFAT : June 18, 2014 - PASSED
Medical : November 4 2014- PASSED
Interview: November 4, 2014 - PASSED
Merit Listed: January 2015 - RMS Clerk Only
Position Offered: Feb. 24, 2015
BMQ Start: Feb 28, 2015

Finally got the call!

Just a quick question, is getting on the merit list the thing that takes a long time or is it waiting for "the call" that takes awhile? or maybe they both take awhile? Just wondering because my references were called and I think I'm just waiting to be merit listed now (hopefully!), right?

Also, I know everybody is different, I'm just curious! And excited!
Thanks.

kylepenn said:
Just a quick question, is getting on the merit list the thing that takes a long time or is it waiting for "the call" that takes awhile? or maybe they both take awhile? Just wondering because my references were called and I think I'm just waiting to be merit listed now (hopefully!), right?

Thanks.

If the References are the last part of your background check, you should be merit listed shortly(ish)! Unless they did it backwards, then you still need to wait for the security checks. Yes it's different for everybody.. My reference was called one morning and I received 'the call' the same day; while a friend of mine has been merit listed for a few months now

kylepenn said:

Thanks.
For me my references were called in late January, then I skipped the merit list and got the call on Monday, so its all over the place.

Valhrafn said:
Quick update. Recently reapplied for Pilot trade.

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer DEO
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer (application completed)
Applied: Feb 1, 2014
First contact: Feb 9, 2014
Second contact: March 4, 2014
CFAT: March 20, 2014
Medical: April 21, 2014
Interview: April 21, 2014

Trade Choice 2: Pilot (currently in progress)
Applied: Feb 9, 2015
Medical: Feb 24, 2015
Interview: Feb 24, 2015

Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:
All that is needed for my Pilot application is to get my bloodwork, ECG and eye exam completed within 30 days.

Update on application

finished interview and medical on feb 27th

Recruiting Center: Sudbury
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Image Tech
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: November 23 2014
First Contact: December 4 2014
CFAT : December 11 (Passed)
Second Contact: February 13th
Medical : February 27th 2015 passed
Interview: February 27th 2015 passed
background check: Ongoing
Swear In Ceremony: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Basic Training: TBD

Valhrafn said:
All that is needed for my Pilot application is to get my bloodwork, ECG and eye exam completed within 30 days.

What about Aircrew Selection?

Recruiting Center: Hamilton
Trade Choice 1: MP
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: August 2014
First Contact: August 2014
CFAT : August 2014
Medical : October 2014
Interview: October 2014
background check: Passed - January 2015
MPAC: April 2015
Swear In Ceremony: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Basic Training: TBD

Would anyone be able to shed some light on what to expect at MPAC in regards to what the three days entail, as well as dress code?

DAA said:
What about Aircrew Selection?
Once my medical checks out, I will be given instructions on when to head to CFB Trenton for the CFAS. So far my eye exam has been completed and I am now waiting for another medical appointment on 9 March for bloodwork and ecg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back