• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update

Recruiting centre: CFRC Montreal
Regular/ Reserve: Reserve
Trade choice 1: BOSN
Trade choice 2: ACISS
Tade Choice 3:
Application: September 2013
First contact: September 2013
Dropped off Form: September 2013
Security Forms: October 2013
CFAT: October 17 2013
Interview: November 13 2013
Medical: November 14 2013
Physical: November 20 2013
Merit Listed: December 2nd
Position offered: December 2nd
Enrollment/swearing in: December 2nd
BMQ: December 6th

Well, that was fast.

Someone told me that the only way to join the Canadian Forces in quick time is to get an Engineering degree and then apply. Was wondering how far this is true? It is very hard to get an Engineering degree these days and even if you do, there are so many options of employment out there like going to the States for work.

An engineering degree will definitely open doors. How the CAF compares to those open door I personally haven't a clue.

I do know from previous threads and posts that Undergrade degrees are nothing special. They do look at however Masters, PHd's ..... How Engineering falls into that I don't really know that either.

But I do know that compared to some my App process wasn't very long either. Also the post above yours is a Reserve app with obviously a open trade. Most do not go that quick.

I agree with you an Undergraduate degree is nothing special, almost anyone can get it. However, I think there is a big difference when comparing a Geography to a Law or Engineering degree. There are many degree mills out there, and I think an engineering degree with the CF will be more useful and applicable than one of those undergraduate degrees, which almost everyone has these days.

If you look at the forces website www.forces.ca there are some Engineering related fields like Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, your degree would base your rank which bases your rate of pay ..... Though to my knowledge the application process is the application process. I can't see time from CFAT to Interview changing much unless the given trade selections were open and in demand. A quick selection really just means from merit list is how I have understood it.

Flying Golf Cart said:
Update

Recruiting centre: CFRC Montreal
Regular/ Reserve: Reserve
Trade choice 1: BOSN
Trade choice 2: ACISS
Tade Choice 3:
Application: September 2013
First contact: September 2013
Dropped off Form: September 2013
Security Forms: October 2013
CFAT: October 17 2013
Interview: November 13 2013
Medical: November 14 2013
Physical: November 20 2013
Merit Listed: December 2nd
Position offered: December 2nd
Enrollment/swearing in: December 2nd
BMQ: December 6th

Well, that was fast.

How..?

Who one knows? Or right timing for application (low applicants for occupation/trade) ...... Would be my "logical" assessment.

SMG said:
That was meant to be rhetorical. I'm just in awe how fast it was.

If the Ops process sample is accurate, he was accepted into the "Reserves" not the Regular Force, so the processing stream is totally different.

Maybe it also has something to do with that Engineer degree thing that Markswearhouse and mrjasonc were talking about. I don't have a degree from university but as my second choice was ACISS and it was open and as I have done vocational studies in Network Administration plus got 6 years of experience in managing and running IT infrastructures, it probably helped.

But yeah, maybe I was just really lucky too.

And yes, I was accepted in the Reserve even if I'm planning to go full-time in the future (I love my civilian job too much at this moment).

Flying Golf Cart said:
Maybe it also has something to do with that Engineer degree thing that Markswearhouse and mrjasonc were talking about. I don't have a degree from university but as my second choice was ACISS and it was open and as I have done vocational studies in Network Administration plus got 6 years of experience in managing and running IT infrastructures, it probably helped.

But yeah, maybe I was just really lucky too.

And yes, I was accepted in the Reserve even if I'm planning to go full-time in the future (I love my civilian job too much at this moment).

Could be. Everything is taken into account right? Education to security clearance to medical condition to credit history. They want the most capable upstanding citizens as we portray what is the "Department of National Defense aka Canadian Armed Forces aka Federal Government of Canada positions" .....

***UPDATE***

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Saint John transferred to Halifax
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: MarEngMech
Trade choice 2: VehTech
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Applied: 07/03/2012
File sent to CFRC: 07/04/2012
First contact: 07/10/2012
CFAT: 07/31/2012 (Passed)
Medical: 10/08/2013 (Green lighted - 11/7/2013)
Physical: 10/10/2013
Interview: 10/10/2013
Merit listed: 11/7/2013
Position offered: 12/4/2013 - Accepted
Enrollment/swearing in: 01/21/2014
Basic Start Date: 01/25/2014

Recruiting centre: Thunder Bay/Winnipeg/Sudbury
Entry Plan: Direct Semi Skilled
Trade choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade choice 2: -
Trade choice 3: -
Applied: Oct 16, 2012
CFAT: Feb 26, 2013
Medical: Feb 26, 2013
Interview: Feb 26, 2013
Deemed Medically Fit by Ottawa: March 2013
Merit listed: March 18, 2013/august 2013 after PLAR
Position offered: December 4, 2013, accepted
Enrollment/swearing in: ? To be setup with CFRC Sudbury.
BMQ: January 27, 2014!

Finally after 13 months I got the "call". Mine was actually an email, but works for me! Woohoo

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Montreal
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: NOVEMBER 2012
File sent to CFRC: MARCH 2013
First contact: MAY 2013
CFAT: MAY 2013
Medical: JUNE 2013
Interview: OCTOBER 2013
Merit listed: OCTOBER 2013
Position offered: DECEMBER 4 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: JANUARY 7 2014
BMQ: JANUARY 13 2014

Very happy today. Got my results for my PLAR. They have approved my education which means I am now a semi skilled applicant.

I got two new file managers.....should I contact them?

Absolutely! Introduce yourself and ask them if you are now merit listed. Good luck and congrats.

Update.....

I have been merit listed for dental tech! Woohoo! Feels so good

While on the phone with my file manager they offered me a job for my second choice. I politely declined and will hold out for a dental tech. Now that I am certified semi skilled I will be promoted to corporal when i complete basic.  For steward they offered me a basic starting the 13 Jan. 

There is one position left for dental tech this year. If I don't get it I will be waiting til April.  Just so happy to be at this point.

**********UPDATE********

Recruiting centre: CFRC Hamilton
Trade choice 1: Electronic-Optronic Tech - Land
Trade choice 2: Electrical Generations Systems Tech
Tade Choice 3: Artilleryman
Online Application Date: 11APR13
Communication from CFVRC/ North Bay: 04/June/2013
First contact from CFRC Hamilton: 17/JUNE/2013
All Forms Handed In: 03/JULY/2013
CFAT: 03/JULY/2013 PASSED
Medical: 30 JULY/2013
Interview: 30 JULY/2013
Medical back from Ottawa: 30/AUG/2013
CRNC Cleared: 6/NOV/2013........ FINALLY!
Merit Listed: 14/NOV/2013
Position offered: 5 Dec 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: 15 Jan 2014
BMQ: 27 Jan 2014

The longest wait of my life is over wooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back