• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medtech45 said:
I am not in the forces as of yet.  I am merit listed also, waiting for the call. I am entering as a semi skilled med tech. I am a certified paramedic, PCP, in Ontario.

Since when have you been merit listed? You are probably sitting higher than me because you already have your pcp. Anyway, there is still1 or 2 positions open. Maybe you will get selected!

Passed my CFAT today, and am now waiting for a call to book my interview and medical. Things seems to be going smoothly now.

Recruting Center: Ottawa via Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3: Armoured Crewman
Application Date: April 2013(Online)
First Contact: September 06,2013
File Transfer From Toronto: Oct, 1, 2013
CFAT completed : October 22nd, 2013 (PASSED)
Interview completed: awaiting......
Medical Completed:awaiting......
Merit Listed:
Sworn in:
Basic Training Begins:

Recruiting Center: CRFC Montreal
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Application Date: October 2012 (Online)
First Contact: August 2013
File Transfer From North Bay: August 2013
CFAT completed : September 5, 2013
Interview completed: September 26
Medical Completed: September 26
Merit Listed: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD

Had to get a form filled out by Lasik MD since I got laser surgery to correct my vision. Everything went smooth and my medical file has been sent couple weeks ago to Ottawa to be reviewed the medical technician told me that he didn't see anything that would prevent me from joining so this was a pretty good thing to hear. The long process is almost finished and I am really excited about it, I cannot wait to hear news from the cfrc.

Interview over, merit listed. However, AESop is closed and there are only a few positions for ACop left. Looks like I'm waiting till April to see what opens up.

rebeccag19 said:
Since when have you been merit listed? You are probably sitting higher than me because you already have your pcp. Anyway, there is still1 or 2 positions open. Maybe you will get selected!

I have been merit listed again (long story) since August. I hope we both get the call soon!

Recruiting centre: Ottawa, ON
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: AVS Tech.
Trade choice 2: AC OP
Trade Choice 3: INT OP
Applied: May 17, 2013 (Paperwork sent 2 weeks later due to a delay in receiving College Transcripts)
File sent to CFRC: July 31, 2013
Original Supporting Documents Provided: Aug 2, 2013
First contact: Aug 13, 2013
CFAT: Aug 20, 2013 *** Passed
Medical: September 16
Interview: September 16 *** Passed
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:

Just found out today that I am merit listed.  Not sure how long it's been that way, but it was excellent news as I have been worried about the medical review that had to happen on my file.  Looks like it is all clear and I'm now just waiting for that call! 

airmax said:
Just found out today that I am merit listed.  Not sure how long it's been that way, but it was excellent news as I have been worried about the medical review that had to happen on my file.  Looks like it is all clear and I'm now just waiting for that call!

Good on you!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Montreal
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: --
Trade Choice 3: --
Online Application Date: May 18th 2013
First contact: July 31st, 2013
Aptitude Test: October 3rd
Interview: October 23rd
Medical: October 17th
Merit Listed: October 23rd
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

Updated again.

airmax said:
Recruiting centre: Ottawa, ON
Trade choice 1: AVS Tech.

If that's the case, then start packing and getting your things in order!  Just my guess. 

DAA said:
If that's the case, then start packing and getting your things in order!  Just my guess.

I couldn't agree with this more. I didn't know that I had gotten merit listed and got a call the middle of September (two weeks after my tests) asking me to start in 2 weeks. I was thrilled and then realized how much stuff I had to do before I could leave. Ultimately I had to have my start date postponed an additional 2 weeks due to a minor surgery that I needed beforehand (ingrown toenail).

Best of luck.

Recruiting centre: Fredericton
Trade choice 1: Med Tech............changed to Avionic's System Tech (Oct 03,2013)
Trade choice 2: Supply Tech.........changed to Medical Tech (Oct 03,2013)
Tade Choice 3: Construction Tech....changed to Supply Tech (Oct 03,2013)
Applied: Aug 22, 2013
Faxed Supporting Documents: Aug 24, 2013
File sent to CFRC: Aug 29th, 2013
First contact: Sept 24th, 2013
Dropped off security forms to CFRC: Oct 03, 2013
CFAT:.
Medical:
Interview:
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:

I'm in a big panic now over the fact that selection dates for AVS are mid November. I'm thinking that with all the processing times, my file won't be ready to go into selection. This kinda sucks... I was hoping to not have to wait until April for the next fiscal year... but what can you do?
I don't want to pester the recruitment center.... last time I called they said my file was in "Quality Control", so I'm hoping my CFAT will be soon. This application process is really a LOT of hurry up and wait...

Recruiting Center: Ottawa from Gatineau
Officer/NCM:
Trade Choice 2: --
Trade Choice 3: --
Online Application Date: May 18th 2013
First contact: August 29th 2013
Aptitude Test: September 18th 2013
Interview: October 2nd 2013
Medical: October 2nd 2013
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

Hey guys just thought I'd post on here to let you know how my application is going and also take a look at how your journeys are going as well

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Applied: Aug 02, 2013
First contact: Sept 04, 2013
Dropped off security forms to CFRC: Sept 07, 2013
CFAT: Oct 22,2013 (Passed)
Medical: Nov 04, 2013
Interview: Nov 13, 2013
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:

Recruiting Centre: St-Hubert
Component: Reserve: Army/Air Force
Trade Choice 1: Logistics Officer (Full)
Trade Choice 2: Supply Technician (Full Army, open for Air Force)
Trade Choice 3: Vehicle Technician ( Full)
Application Date: September 25th, 2013
First Contact: September 28th, 2013
CFAT: Completed in a previous application
Medical: -
Interview: -
Physical: -
Merit List: -
Position Offered: -
Basic Training: -

I waited a month to see if the Supply Tech position would open up in the Army with no success. Luckily the local Air Force Unit took interest in my application, and I am working to get it transferred over to them so that the process can begin.

Thanks for all the information so far. These boards are a great resource.

UPDATE
Recruiting Centre: CFRC Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Primary Reserve
Unit: Queens Own Rifles of Canada
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Application Date: 02 August, 2013
First Contact: 11 September, 2013
PT Test: September 23, 2013
CFAT: September 23, 2013
Interview: September 23, 2013
Medical: September 30, 2013
Medical Sent to Ottawa: October 7, 2013
Position Offered: - Infantry, October 28, 2013
Swearing in Ceremony: - October 30, 2013
BMQ Begins: - November 15, 2013

So pumped!

Hi All,

This is my first post so go easy on me! Been reading a lot of your advice and examples. Thanks everyone for posting. It's been a huge help! Congrats to all those who are going to BMQ and for the rest of us, KCCO! If we think this is tough and frustrating, I hear BMQ is just a little bit more difficult... ;)

Been waiting about a year now and will be able to send in the advanced medical and vision test results this week. So now there is absolutely nothing I can do, accept just keep doing what I'm doing. Working out, volunteering, researching, taking courses, reading these forums... oh wait, I think I've read all of them!

Here is my sample:

Recruiting Centre: Vancouver
Trade choice 1: AESOP
Trade choice 2: ACOP
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: Oct 2012
File Transferred to local recruiter: April 2013
CFAT: May, 2013 (Passed)
Medical: Oct 08, 2013
Interview: Oct 08, 2013
Merit Listed:--------
Position offered: ---------
Enrollment/swearing in: ------------
BMQ:------------

Can't wait to fill in the rest of the dates!

Congrats Godwinlee! Have fun at basic :blotto: & fingers crossed Okanagen Guy.

So I wrote the aptitude test today. It went well. I never got told how well I did but by the sounds of things I scored well enough to be considered for ammo tech & my other positions, so I must've done pretty well!

Medical was also today, yahoo fun. There might be some issues there which could delay my entry by a few months, which sucks, but I need to bring stuff to my doctor to fill out and if that makes things better and if the medical officer who happens to look at my file in Ontario is in a good mood when he sees it, it might not be an issue. More than likely I'm looking at a few months' delay, though. If I hadn't expected it based on my history I'd be super bummed but because I was anticipating trouble it's no big deal. I'm not happy about it but I know how long the delay will be and afterwards I know it'll all be A-OK.  :nod:

So, my next step is to visit my doctor (and get something from my eye doc as well), and then hand that in and hope for the best, and plan for the wait.

I just got the call for the CFAT today!!!! I go next wednesday for that. So excited! Things have been moving along quickly, I hope they continue that way. :D

Recruiting centre: Fredericton
Trade choice 1: Med Tech............changed to Avionic's System Tech (Oct 03,2013)
Trade choice 2: Supply Tech.........changed to Medical Tech (Oct 03,2013)
Tade Choice 3: Construction Tech....changed to Supply Tech (Oct 03,2013)
Applied: Aug 22, 2013
Faxed Supporting Documents: Aug 24, 2013
File sent to CFRC: Aug 29th, 2013
First contact: Sept 24th, 2013
Dropped off security forms to CFRC: Oct 03, 2013
CFAT: Nov 6th, 2013 - 1pm.
Medical:
Interview:
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:

*Update* Finally got the infamous "call".

Recruiting Center: CFRC Saskatoon (Now Regina, since Saskatoon closed)
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: SEELM-Physio
Trade Choice 2:
Online Application Date: Janurary 22, 2013
First Contacted: January 31, 2013
Transferred to CFRC Saskatoon: Early Febuary
Aptitude Test: March 13, 2013
Medical: March 27, 2013
Interview: March 27, 2013
Merit Listed: Mid April
Position Offered: Oct. 7, 2013
Enrollment/Swear in: TBA
BMOQ Begins: TBA

Due to the unique nature of my application (only one this year from what I understand) and the closure of my original RC, my journey has been more confusing and frustrating than I expected. There were times when I felt left in the dark, but as many have said before me, patience is a virtue. So for those applying to trades with limited intake numbers (and all other trades for that matter), be persistent and ask questions when appropriate, but know when to sit back and let things play out as they may.

There are still things to be sorted out in my case, and since I am in school full-time for another year, BMOQ is a ways away.

Cheers.

flatlander13 said:
*Update* Finally got the infamous "call".
Recruiting Center: CFRC Saskatoon (Now Regina, since Saskatoon closed)
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: SEELM-Physio
Trade Choice 2:
Online Application Date: Janurary 22, 2013
First Contacted: January 31, 2013
Transferred to CFRC Saskatoon: Early Febuary
Aptitude Test: March 13, 2013
Medical: March 27, 2013
Interview: March 27, 2013
Merit Listed: Mid April
Position Offered: Oct. 7, 2013
Enrollment/Swear in: TBA
BMOQ Begins: TBA

Due to the unique nature of my application (only one this year from what I understand) and the closure of my original RC, my journey has been more confusing and frustrating than I expected. There were times when I felt left in the dark, but as many have said before me, patience is a virtue. So for those applying to trades with limited intake numbers (and all other trades for that matter), be persistent and ask questions when appropriate, but know when to sit back and let things play out as they may.

There are still things to be sorted out in my case, and since I am in school full-time for another year, BMOQ is a ways away.

Cheers.

Oh WOW......you definitely are a "one of"!  Congrats!!!  It's not everyday you see someone entering through that entry plan....  :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back