• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrispi said:
From day 1, handing in an application, to a QL3 Qualified OS, and serving onboard:  1,197 Days.

It's difficult to believe that I  posted this so long ago...  but as I celebrate another first, I wanted to update this original post from so long ago.

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Cheers,
Chrispi

Congratulations! Very proud!  :salute:

UPDATE

Recruiting centre: Ottawa
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Dental Tech
Trade choice 2:
Tade Choice 3:
Applied: February 23, 2013 (had to finish school in june)
File sent to CFRC: July 25, 2013
First contact: July 25, 2013 ( i called them)
CFAT: Aug 20, 2013 Passed!
Medical: September 4 Passed
Interview: September 4 Passed
Merit listed: Waiting
Position offered: Waiting
Enrollment/swearing in: Waiting

Hoping things stay on a steady track!!!!!

Can I switch my trade choice?

I've decided I really wanna be in the PPCLI.. :/

Hopefully in Edmonton.

SMG I said:
Can I switch my trade choice?

I've decided I really wanna be in the PPCLI.. :/

Hopefully in Edmonton.

Yes you can, right until and/or during the interview (according to my recruiter). Any request for change after the interview has to be given in written.
Also, mind you, change for a trade is only acceptable if you are eligible, qualification (medically and disciplinary) and education criteria wise.

Yes, I passed the CFAT for all my trade choices.
I just really would prefer being in Edmonton.

Recruiting centre: CFRC Hamilton
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Combat Engineer
Tade Choice 3: Mat tech
Applied: End of June 2013
File sent to CFRC: August 1st 2013
First contact: waiting
Physical: Waiting
CFAT: waiting
Medical: waiting
Interview: Waiting
Enrollment/swearing in: Waiting

After my medical, I had to wait over 2 months to get my family doctor to sign off my papers and to get a couple other things done.

Everything is sent off now. Just waiting for a call for my interview now!

Recruiting centre: CFRC Montréal
Trade choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade choice 3: Artillery Soldier
First application: September 29, 2010
Current application: May 20, 2013
File sent to CFRC: June 5, 2013
First contact: June 17, 2013
Dropped off forms: June 17, 2013
CFAT: August 2, 2013 (passed)
Medical: August 14, 2013 (passed)
Interview: August 14, 2013 (passed)
Merit listed: Waiting
Swearing in: Waiting
BMQ: Waiting

I had to undergo laser surgery for eyes in September 2011 in order to redo the medical test, which delayed and closed my application at that time.
I am currently waiting to hear whether I'm on the merit list.
The wait has been long, but I think is about to happen ;)

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Primary Reserve
Unit: 32 Combat Engineering Regiment
Trade Choice 1: Cmbt Eng.
Trade Choice 2: Inf.
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Application Date: August 18, 2013.
First Contact: September 11, 2013.
PT Test: September 23, 2013. (scheduled)
CFAT: September 23, 2013. (scheduled)
Interview: September 23, 2013. (scheduled)
Position Offered: N/A
BMQ Begins: N/A

Wish me luck fellas!

Hey folks, just joined the site, thought this thread made for a logical first post.

Recruiting centre: St. John's
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Ammo tech
Trade choice 2: Artillery
Trade choice 3: Combat engineer
Application Date: 1 September 2013 - edited to add: documents mailed 3 September 2013 (birth certificate & school transcripts)
First contact: pending
- Tests -
{Medical: pending
Aptitude: pending
Physical: pending
Interview: pending
BMQ: pending}

Freaking out a little playing the waiting game but keeping myself occupied.

Recruiting centre: Ottawa, ON
Trade choice 1: AVS Tech.
Trade choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: May 17, 2013 (Paperwork sent 2 weeks later due to a delay in receiving College Transcripts)
File sent to CFRC: July 31, 2013
Original Supporting Documents Provided: Aug 2, 2013
First contact: Aug 13, 2013
CFAT: Aug 20, 2013 *** Passed
Medical: September 16
Interview: September 16 *** Passed
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:

Interview and medical today. I have some additional paperwork to fill out, as expected. I have had a few surgeries in my life and they just need to know that no follow ups are required. Good to go beyond that. I was also told that my aptitude score was very very high and I could qualify for officer positions if I had a university degree. I don't mind though, because I really like the AVS trade so I wouldn't want it any other way. If I was song this for the money I wouldn't be doing it. I removed the other two trade choices as well as all I am interested in is AVS or AVN, though it was reccomended that I look at ACISS. Looking forward to the continuation of the process.

Recruting Center: Ottawa via Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Infantry (Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa)
Application Date: April 2013(Online)..waiting file transfer from CFRC Toronto
First Contact: September 06,2013
CFAT completed :
PT Test completed:
Interview completed:
Position Offered:
Sworn in:
Basic Training Begins:

So since I got to Ottawa my application was going great. Went to see the unit recruiter, had all the paper work done in under a week brought it in today and I was told my file had yet to be transferred from CFRC Toronto. Apparently the first recruiter I spoke to about putting in a file transfer took my papers and never went through with it.... :facepalm:...oh well more time to train and prepare for the CFAT.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes for a file to transfer from one CFRC to another. I couldn't imagine it being more then two weeks. Even if the file was sent via snail mail I can't imagine it being anything more then a few weeks....I guess i'm just a bit frustrated and needed a place to vent. I'm really hoping to be on the reserve BMQ in November, and if not the second one running in December.

Well wish me luck fella's and good luck to everyone else 

KerryBlue said:

So since I got to Ottawa my application was going great. Went to see the unit recruiter, had all the paper work done in under a week brought it in today and I was told my file had yet to be transferred from CFRC Toronto. Apparently the first recruiter I spoke to about putting in a file transfer took my papers and never went through with it.... :facepalm:...oh well more time to train and prepare for the CFAT.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes for a file to transfer from one CFRC to another. I couldn't imagine it being more then two weeks. Even if the file was sent via snail mail I can't imagine it being anything more then a few weeks....I guess i'm just a bit frustrated and needed a place to vent. I'm really hoping to be on the reserve BMQ in November, and if not the second one running in December.

It can be done in about 3 days but depending on the workload, expect something more like 2 weeks at the most.

KerryBlue said:
Trade Choice 1: Infantry (Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa)
Application Date: April 2013(Online)..waiting file transfer from CFRC Toronto
First Contact: September 06,2013
CFAT completed :
PT Test completed:
Interview completed:
Position Offered:
Sworn in:
Basic Training Begins:

Good day Kerry,
Seeing that it is September 17th and you haven't been booked your CFAT yet, I personally and this is my opinion only, think that you won't be on the November BMQ  of 2013 because there is 4 parts to the process, and the Screening part takes a while, at least for me. Hey, if your lucky, then all the best!
I wish you good luck and hope to see you update your post soon with good news :)!

Recruiting Center: Hamilton, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Primary Reserves
Unit: Lincoln and Welland Regiment
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Application Date: April 25, 2013 (Online and Paper)
First Contact: August 7, 2013
CFAT Date:  Awaiting
Interview:  Awaiting
Physical:  Awaiting
Medical: -  Awaiting
Merit Listed:  Awaiting
Swear In Ceremony: Awaiting
Basic Training Begins: Awating

Recruiting Center: Online
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Aviation tec
Trade Choice 2: Avionic tec
Trade Choice 3: Air Weapon Tec
Application Date: - Jul 17 2013
First Contact: Aug 27 2013
Documents sumbit in by hand : Sept 12 2013
Second contact: Sept 16 2013
Aptitude Test:  Oct 3 2013
Interview: Waiting
Medical: Waiting
Merit Listed: Waiting
Position Offered: Waiting
Enrollment/Swear in: Waiting
Basic Training Begins: Waiting

I am really waiting for the Basic Training First day.
I hope I will get in Royal Canadian Air force 

I finally got the call!!!!!!! Im so happy and speechless!

My swearing in ceremony is Tuesday October 1st. I was told I start parading the following Thursday with my unit and I get issued all my kit! For everyone still in the process, believe me, it's worth the wait!

MReid said:
Recruiting Center: Hamilton, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Primary Reserves
Unit: Lincoln and Welland Regiment
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Application Date: April 25, 2013 (Online and Paper)
First Contact: August 7, 2013
CFAT Date:  Awaiting
Interview:  Awaiting
Physical:  Awaiting
Medical: -  Awaiting
Merit Listed:  Awaiting
Swear In Ceremony: Awaiting
Basic Training Begins: Awating

Application for the Primary Reserve and first contact took over 3 months????  You need to contact CFRC Hamilton and or the Reserve Unit you are applying for.

Something just doesn't seem right........

DarkInfantry232 said:

My swearing in ceremony is Tuesday October 1st. I was told I start parading the following Thursday with my unit and I get issued all my kit! For everyone still in the process, believe me, it's worth the wait!

Congrats on getting "the call" finally. I'm patiently awaiting the day I get the call, and hope it's in time for the December BMQ the unit I'm applying to is running....

DarkInfantry232 said:

Congrats DarkInfantry I knew you've been in the process for a quiet a while and now its finally paid off ey? Glad for you man! Seeing this gives me a morale boost as hopefully soon I'll get that magic call. Enjoy your first parade night and your experience in the Lorne Scots! Wear that kilt with pride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back