• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting centre: Montréal
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Boatswain
Trade choice 2: NCI OP
Tade Choice 3: Sonar OP
Applied: September 2011
File sent to CFRC: April 2012
First contact: April 2012
CFAT: October 2012
Medical: July 2013
Interview: July 30 2013
Merit listed: waiting
Position offered: Waiting
Enrollment/swearing in: Waiting

Would anyone be able to shed some light on my predicament? On July 9, I received an email inviting me to take the aptitude test. The email stated that the earliest dates that I could sign up for were July 18, 23 and 25, and it was done on a first-come-first-serve basis. I was to reply to a different email address requesting these dates, and afterward receive a confirmation email.

I replied to the email within 20 minutes of receiving it, requesting July 18 as my earliest date to write. I have not yet received a confirmation email. What if my emails are somehow not reaching them? I am worried that this may be the case because the invitation email stated that I should reply within 7 day and July 18 is only a couple days away.

Should I be worried or is this normal? Would it be smart to call them tomorrow afternoon or will it piss them off that I am contacting them too much?

TheRightsOfMan said:
Should I be worried or is this normal? Would it be smart to call them tomorrow afternoon or will it piss them off that I am contacting them too much?

Call them. My recruiting center sends me an email with the date and time confirming each phase of testing I have done so far. Just call them tomorrow morning, say sorry to bother just wanted to check something, and they should be able to help you no problem. It's better than doing a no-show or showing up and not even having an appointment.

JM2345 said:
Call them. My recruiting center sends me an email with the date and time confirming each phase of testing I have done so far. Just call them tomorrow morning, say sorry to bother just wanted to check something, and they should be able to help you no problem. It's better than doing a no-show or showing up and not even having an appointment.

Thanks for the help! Got it sorted out now. I called my recruiter this morning and he said he would go ask the person I emailed. 5 minutes later the guy I emailed called me and said that he didn't get my original email, just the one from yesterday. He was also pissed at me because he got in trouble from my recruiter. Oh well, problem solved and it is now booked for the 25th.

yamahaguitarguy said:
Don't remember the exact dates but i'm jumping in on this thread anyways.

Recruiting centre: Oshawa Ontario
Trade choice 1: Boatswain
Trade choice 2: Sonar OP
Tade Choice 3: NCI OP
Applied: January 2013
File sent to CFRC: February 2013
First contact: April 2013
CFAT: April 2013
Medical: May 2013
Interview: June 11 2013
Merit listed: About a week after my interview
Position offered: July 16
Enrollment/swearing in: Aug 22

Just got the job offer! So excited right now.

yamahaguitarguy said:
Just got the job offer! So excited right now.

Congrats! What job did they offer? im from Oshawa as well and hope to be at BMQ Aug 26th

thanks man. I got offered nci op which was what I was hoping for. If you get basic aug 26 then we will be there together.

Recruiting centre: Victoria
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2:
Tade Choice 3:
Applied: July 2012
First contact: July 2012
CFAT: August 2012
Medical: August 2012
Interview: August 2012
Aircrew Selection: October 1, 2012**
**said I was too tall, but changed the anthro requirements in May, 2013
2nd interview: May 15, 2013
Merit listed: June 4, 2013
Position offered: July 9, 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: August 22, 2013
BMOQ: August 26, 2013

the hammer said:
Recruiting centre: Victoria
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2:
Tade Choice 3:
Applied: July 2012
First contact: July 2012
CFAT: August 2012
Medical: August 2012
Interview: August 2012
Aircrew Selection: October 1, 2012**
**said I was too tall, but changed the anthro requirements in May, 2013
2nd interview: May 15, 2013
Merit listed: June 4, 2013
Position offered: July 9, 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: August 22, 2013
BMOQ: August 26, 2013

Awesome. Congrats!

Recruiting centre: Montreal
Trade choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade choice 2:
Tade Choice 3:
Applied: December 2012
First contact: January 2013
CFAT: February 2013
Medical: March 2013
Interview: March 2013
Position offered: June 28th 2013 as Med Tech
Enrollment/swearing in: August 7th, 2013
BMQ: August 12th  , 2013

I can't waiiit !!!

So my references are getting called and my interview and medical are tomorrow.  I can only assume that this is positive in that they are pushing my application forward for (hopefully) a job offer in the near future.  Any thoughts on these developments?

cbak11s said:
So my references are getting called and my interview and medical are tomorrow.  I can only assume that this is positive in that they are pushing my application forward for (hopefully) a job offer in the near future.  Any thoughts on these developments?

If your previous post below is still accurate........

cbak11s said:
Recruiting Center: Hamilton, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade Choice 2: Artillery Officer
Application Date: April 25, 2013
First Contact: June 23, 2013
CFAT Date: June 24, 2013 - *passed*
Interview: July 17, 2013 
Medical: - July 17, 2013
Tests Completed: -  CFAT
Position Offered: TBD
Merit Listed: TBD
Position Offered:  - TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD

Then I hate to tell you this, but your two occupation choices are CLOSED.    :(  Unless of course you are of the female persuasion, in which case you may have a shot at Arty.

You may want to start considering something else, as the topic just may come up in your interview tomorrow.

Thanks for the info,  I'll have to look into some other trades for tomorrow.  Is it standard procedure to call references even though the trades I have listed are closed?  To me it just seems odd to call them now if they are closed.  Maybe they have another stream in mind for me...

Schopenhauer said:
Hey
Thank you for the good luck wishes. Sorry to hear that your trades are closed but you have a great attitude and hopefully things will work out. Let us know if you decide on another trade.

Thanks so much! I was actually going to add another trade, but the MCC advised me to hold back for now and let everything play out first. They're so nice at the Toronto branch...even though my trades are closed, they're still going to fully process my application, complete a PLAR, and send it off to be merit listed so that it'll be ready when the trades open up again. Because of the unpredictability of when trades are closed and open, this is definitely a good idea! Hanging on to that hope that I don't have to wait until next year. But even if I do, and if I don't make it for Reg Force for these occupations, totally going to apply to the Reserves. I'm going to keep trying until I get in. I mean, I have until I'm 59, right? :D

cbak11s said:
Thanks for the info,  I'll have to look into some other trades for tomorrow.  Is it standard procedure to call references even though the trades I have listed are closed?  To me it just seems odd to call them now if they are closed.  Maybe they have another stream in mind for me...

I'm totally in the same boat as you! From what I'm learning now, just get through the entire process so that your file is assessed, you are merit listed, and you'll be ready for when the trades open up again. It'll be good because you won't have to reapply all over again. The RC will keep your file open as long as they can!

And yeah, see what other trades are open and if you're interested in any of them, too. That way, when your file is complete, it'll probably be sent for consideration tout de suite.

theforcewithin said:
I'm totally in the same boat as you! From what I'm learning now, just get through the entire process so that your file is assessed, you are merit listed, and you'll be ready for when the trades open up again. It'll be good because you won't have to reapply all over again. The RC will keep your file open as long as they can!

And yeah, see what other trades are open and if you're interested in any of them, too. That way, when your file is complete, it'll probably be sent for consideration tout de suite.

Your file is good for a year after you are Merit Listed. No sooner or longer then a year. That's what my RC told me after my interview. After a year you need to redo the medical, interview and update anything that has changed in that year such as work experience for example. Correct me if I am wrong.

Verge1993 said:
Your file is good for a year after you are Merit Listed. No sooner or longer then a year. That's what my RC told me after my interview. After a year you need to re-due the medical, interview and update anything that has changed in that year such as work experience for example. Correct me if I am wrong.

Oh great! It's a year after the merit list? That sounds good... I thought it was a year from when you had previously applied, like when you first did the paperwork/online application! Gives me a bit more time, then...

But yeah, sounds about right. From what I've read here, the CFAT is good for 5 years or something? So yeah, you'll just need to do the medical, interview, and show them what you've been doing in the meantime and what progress you've made professionally or educationally. Don't think they care about before/after gym photos, though...  ;D

Oh, and as for updating your file to show what you've been doing to prepare, I've been putting EVERYTHING that I have in my file: certificates, awards, letters of recognition, etc. I asked the MCC if I could put this and that in my file, and he's like, "Sure, why not? Every little bit helps." And he's probably right. That one course on Leadership, or that one certificate in Personal Training, might just set you apart from other applicants.

theforcewithin said:

It's definitely good advice to talk to the RC and try to continue with the application process and have them keep your file open, if possible. However, I think your file may get closed if they are not processing any more applicants for your trades. In this case, I believe they will normally let you know that they'll be closing your application, unless you want to apply to different, open trades.

I will probably repeat here what Verge already said above. But if your file is closed, it isn't dead. I believe it's good for at least a year. If your file has been closed (or perhaps if "a lot" of time has passed since your last application), you will be required to update your online application/submit a new one and do an update interview. Your medical is good for a year, so you may or may not require a new one. Your CFAT and TSD are good forever, I believe.

This is general info. Always contact the Recruiter for info!

Actually, your file is only good for as long as your RC decides to keep it OPEN.  So I will warn you now, you should continue to maintain contact with your CFRC on a monthly basis as sometimes, they may close your file and NOT tell you!  Generally, after 6 months of non-activity, you may require an "update" interview and or any other processing which could include, medical and background checks, depending on the last time these were done.

Your complete file is retained for a minimum of "3 years" and CFAT results are good for "life", provided they are able to obtain the results.

DAA said:
... :(  Unless of course you are of the female persuasion, in which case you may have a shot at Arty.

Dafuq? :facepalm:

You had mentioned in a PM with me that you thought they MIGHT be looking at opening Infantry Officer when they do selection at the end of this month.
Have you learned anymore about any of that?

Also once the July 25th selection passes will you know what occupations they looked at because I need to start applying to do my Masters if too much more time goes by with out hearing anything. And I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to start my Masters lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back