• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waters81 said:
So, here is the latest update...no change. I haven't heard hide nor hair from anyone from any RC about my file. I call CFNRC every couple of weeks just to check on the status, make sure that they don't need anything from me, that sort of thing, and they keep feeding me the usual "your file is being processed". Now, I understand that the process does take some time, but the thing that concerns me is that I have read posts from other individuals who had applied around the same time that I did who are already much further along than myself (medicals/interviews completed, etc.). I'm  not going to whine about "why wont they call me", but I am going to ask whether or not my concern is legitimate? Or am I just being a little over anxious? Feel free to tell me to stop being a whiny ***** if that's what I'm being.

If your file hasn't been forwarded to your local RC then yeah, from what I've seen that's a little weird if NB received your documents in January. If it has though, then a million things could be causing a slow down at the local RC. Security clearances can take a very long time sometimes for example. Mine was over 4 months, and some have been over a year.

recceguy, fair enough, that's all I asked.

CDN Aviator, I actually wasn't whining, I was just wondering if anyone may have been able to provide me with any further insight other than what I am being told. I know that there are recruiters who frequent these forums who may be able to provide any kind of help. If I wanted to whine...you would sure as hell know it.

Mmmjon/Trick, no, as far as I know, it hasn't been transfer ed to Toronto RC as of yet.

Either way, thanks for the reply, I'll stop my whining.

Yeah bud i applyed online in late january too and they keep telling me its being processed as well. Ive also seen lots of people saying they applyed a month ago and theyre allready merit listed, really sucks but oh well.

roadrunner60 said:
Yeah bud i applyed online in late january too and they keep telling me its being processed as well. Ive also seen lots of people saying they applyed a month ago and theyre allready merit listed, really sucks but oh well.

And are they applying for the same trade?  Do you have the same education?  Work experience?  References?

I'll hazard a guess and say they were better at spelling, grammar, etc.

Please, use the search function.  This happens every year around selection time.  Every application is different.  Get over it.

Actually im a straight A students who was supposed to be drafted to a div1 aa ncaa football team which attributes to my education, physical ability and much more. Due to a broken foot i wasnt able to attend so i chose to serve my country. I may not type 100% due to the fact im using a iphone, i wasnt even remotely whinning i was mearly attempting to help someone out. If all you have to do with your time is critisize people who are in need of help then you need help.

Good day sir.

roadrunner60 said:
Actually im a straight A students who was supposed to be drafted to a div1 aa ncaa football team which attributes to my education, physical ability and much more. Concerning my references im sure my rcmp/military post and present refernces are more then suitable as well as previouse cadet experience(4 years). Due to a broken foot i wasnt able to attend so i chose to serve my country. I may not type 100% due to the fact im using a iphone, i wasnt even remotely whinning i was mearly attempting to help someone out. If all you have to do with your time is critisize people who are in need of help then you need help.

Good day sir.

At least I don't quote myself.  And I'm not a sir.  Hell, I'm not even a ma'am.

Sorry all, I didn't mean to be the cause of any disagreements. I'll continue to wait and work until I receive some more info or, God willing, a phone call.

Cheers

Waters81, your post did not cause disagreements, just that most of us on here have seen the same post year after year.  Every application is different.  As has been stated on many threads here, keep in touch with the Recruiting Centre and continue to work on whatever it is you're doing for improvement (whether it's education, physical fitness or volunteer work).  Good luck.

And as several others have said on here, when it happens, it can happen very quickly.

roadrunner60 said:
I may not type 100% due to the fact im using a iphone,

I do that occasionally, too. I still proofread and make corrections before I send, though.

Your excuse doesn't cut it.

roadrunner60 said:
If all you have to do with your time is critisize people who are in need of help then you need help.

Like it or not, you are and will be judged by, among other things, the quality of your communication skills or lack thereof. Get used to it, and learn from it. If you cannot put the effort in here, it is likely that you will not put the effort in elsewhere. If you cannot take a little criticism here, you will not be able to take the amount that will be heaped upon you in your future.

There are recruiters on this forum. There are other people who may be your instructors or supervisors later on. You are already forming their opinion of you.

Recruiting Centre: Sudbury
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade 1: Construction Technician
Trade 2: Combat Engineer
Trade 3: Fire Fighter
Application Date: November 2011
First Contact: January 2012
CFAT: Completed February 22 2012
Medical: Completed February 22 2012
Interview: February 22 2012
Merit Listed: ...
Position Offered: ...
Enrolment: ...
Swearing in: ...
BMQ: ...

sledfreak99 said:
Recruiting Centre: Sudbury
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade 1: Construction Technician
Trade 2: Combat Engineer
Trade 3: Fire Fighter
Application Date: November 2011
First Contact: January 2012
CFAT: Completed February 22 2012
Medical: Completed February 22 2012
Interview: February 22 2012
Merit Listed: ...
Position Offered: ...
Enrolment: ...
Swearing in: ...
BMQ: ...

You should call your RC. You're probably merit listed by now.

Tried calling the RC Sudbury, currently the computers are down and they are unable to get a hold of my file. Will try again tomorrow. I really hope I get in soon, I'm really looking forward to joining the CF! :)

There is a difference between unwarrented critisism and constructive. The forum is intended to help people trying to enter the forces not to demean theyre efforts.

roadrunner60 said:
There is a difference between unwarrented critisism and constructive. The forum is intended to help people trying to enter the forces not to demean theyre efforts.

Thanks for your amazing insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back