• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application - How long does it take? (Merged)

Mud Recce Man said:
You are 16, and your profile says you are a Reserve Sig Op.  You are saying your application is not done yet but you are in the Reserves??

Something is missing here...ok, to quote the Bible here...aka CF Recruiting website...

Basic Eligibility Requirements     

To be eligible for consideration for the Canadian Forces, you must meet the following minimal conditions:

be a Canadian citizen;
Citizens of another country who have landed immigrant (Permanent Resident) status in Canada may also be considered for enrolment when the CF has need of their skill, when the position cannot be filled by a Canadian citizen, and if the national interest would not be prejudiced. However, only under exceptional circumstances will authority be granted to enrol a citizen of another country.

be 17 years of age (with parental/guardian consent) or older;
junior level Military College applicants must be 16 years of age;
you may be enrolled in the Reserves providing you are 16 years of age;

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/v3/engraph/resources/howtojoin_en.aspx?bhcp=1

So maybe you will clarify this because there is 2 of us not sure what you are talking about at this point in time...

Are you Reserve's now?  If so...how did you do...your BMQ...SQ...and Sig Op courses in the Reserves all in one year, providing your birthday was early in Jan of 2006, so you could actually be sworn in at the age of 16...complete 3 courses in less than 12 months (I have been in the Reserves for 17 years and, while it has happened, it IS rare).

Are you doing a CT to Reg Frce?

Or are you smoking rope?

I just put that there because that is what I'm getting into. Not because I've even been enrolled or have done training of any sort. Still waiting for replies from Ottawa.

I applied in May 2006, and all my testing was passed during Summer 2006.

It seems like just yesterday that I decided to join up, and after 2 years of preparing, It's finally happening for me. My BMQ course is slated to start next month.  :cdn: :salute:

Smith2-0 said:
I applied in May 2006, and all my testing was passed during Summer 2006.

It seems like just yesterday that I decided to join up, and after 2 years of preparing, It's finally happening for me. My BMQ course is slated to start next month.  :cdn: :salute:

I applied in may 2005,  still not in,

Homer_Simpson said:
I applied in may 2005,  still not in, this is unfair.

Good God people...this isn't about fairness, and isn't a contest. The "I applied before you argument" just doesn't stand up.

There are different circumstances. That's for individuals, and trades. Some reserve units have more positions that they can recruit people for, others have less.

Then, maybe both of you applied at the same time...Maybe one of you had ALL the paperwork ready, and there were no problems with the medical. Maybe another had to get something checked.

Maybe one of you applied at a unit with a full-time recruiter, and maybe the other at a unit that has a recruiter on some evenings and weekends.

This isn't bloody Peewee hockey with an "everyone can play if they show up" attitude. This is the Canadian Forces. It's a privilege to serve, and if you want to, you will be patient and will do what you can to help your application, by making sure everything is ready for the recruiters when they need it.

Homer_Simpson said:
I applied in may 2005,  still not in, this is unfair.

What is unfair. There are as many reasons as applicants as to why your app would be delayed, as compared to someone else who enrolls within a month...

CFRC Montreal told me yesterday that the process should take a month for me, and thats including the VFS-type stuff.  Apparently Microfiche has sped things up some ;)

it it because i live in west coast and they have send things to  ottawa  ?  cuz the regiment  recriuting officer told me it could take months just to send my file back.

mine like I said take to much ******* long...but its part of the game, we are different individual, with different background...either...professional, medial, family etc... they cannot be all easy and fast...as the administration is HUGE.

Am I happy with it? not...but who am i to cry about?

I have a silly question homer... how can you have applie in 2005 if you are 17? I have check out your profile before and it said that you were 16, now you are 17...ok it was your birthday...but I make quick math...2007-2005 = 2 years... if you just turned 17 minus 2 yeas = 15 years old.

How were you allowed to apply??? 

Name:  Homer_Simpson 
Unit:  72nd Seaforth Highlanders of Canda
MOC: 
Mil Exp:  none in canada.

Homer_Simpson said:
it it because i live in west coast and they have send things to  ottawa  ?  cuz the regiment  recriuting officer told me it could take months just to send my file back.

They aren't running your file between the west-coast and Ottawa using the Pony Express....

It depends on how many files there are before yours. They can't review each file they get as soon as they get them. Then, they have to check if there are any discrepencies in your file.

Hurry up and wait...Check in with your recruiter once in a while (NOT EVERYDAY), and see if there is anything they need from you. Have you moved recently? Did they update the address, did you give an old cell phone # as your contact? Little things like that can help.

How about 14 years and at least 6 complete sets of files?  Didn't anyone tell dumbass clerks (as opposed to intelligent ones, which is the vast majority) that when the Recruiting Centre needs something or calls, to TELL the transferring member in question?  No one said for a reservist NEVER to take any Op taskings or Class B positions while waiting for a transfer.
    Yeah yeah, I sound bitter.  I'm 14 years behind the ball but stuck with it as being in uniform has always been a dream for me.  I'm living it now, but it was a long hard road.
    In short, when it comes to recruiting or transferring, trust no one.

Cheers.

It'll probably take me the longest time. Never. Was rejected at the medical for an allergy, oh well....I'd rather be accepted at the very least no matter how long I have to wait. I'm just another one of those disappointed individuals who lost their chance at serving because of an allergy.

Phil: So you couldn't get into to the CF because of a pre-exisiting medical condition, do you think you are the first and only kid to face the disappointing news?  What are you going to do about it? Sit on a computer on whine about your allergy and blame the CF for not seeing things your way or will you take it as a sign that there is something else that is expected of you in life to come? You want to serve your country? Fine, do it.  Go to university, study to become a doctor, lawyer, teacher or physicist.  Be the person the finds the cure for cancer or Autoimmune diseases like allergies or the person that becomes the next leader of the country or the teacher that teaches that one kid how to do math who then becomes the next Albert Einstein.  Go get a degree in Political Science and join Foreign Affairs.  Go study naval architecture or engineering and build the next fleet of warships or APCs.  Study agriculture and assist in the production of Canada's food supply.  Study forestry and manage our vast forests and huge lumber industry, study geophysics and find new sources of oil or discover a new type of fuel.  Be a customs officer, and protect our borders, join a police force and serve your community by protecting it.  It's your choice and serving ones country is sometimes more than the obvious and only as limited as you decide it to should be. 

niner domestic said:
Phil: So you couldn't get into to the CF because of a pre-exisiting medical condition, do you think you are the first and only kid to face the disappointing news?  What are you going to do about it? Sit on a computer on whine about your allergy and blame the CF for not seeing things your way or will you take it as a sign that there is something else that is expected of you in life to come? You want to serve your country? Fine, do it.  Go to university, study to become a doctor, lawyer, teacher or physicist.  Be the person the finds the cure for cancer or Autoimmune diseases like allergies or the person that becomes the next leader of the country or the teacher that teaches that one kid how to do math who then becomes the next Albert Einstein.  Go get a degree in Political Science and join Foreign Affairs.  Go study naval architecture or engineering and build the next fleet of warships or APCs.   Study agriculture and assist in the production of Canada's food supply.  Study forestry and manage our vast forests and huge lumber industry, study geophysics and find new sources of oil or discover a new type of fuel.  Be a customs officer, and protect our borders, join a police force and serve your community by protecting it.  It's your choice and serving ones country is sometimes more than the obvious and only as limited as you decide it to should be. 

wow thats good......

i was going to put  :crybaby:

niner domestic said:
Phil: So you couldn't get into to the CF because of a pre-exisiting medical condition, do you think you are the first and only kid to face the disappointing news?  What are you going to do about it? Sit on a computer on whine about your allergy and blame the CF for not seeing things your way or will you take it as a sign that there is something else that is expected of you in life to come? You want to serve your country? Fine, do it.  Go to university, study to become a doctor, lawyer, teacher or physicist.  Be the person the finds the cure for cancer or Autoimmune diseases like allergies or the person that becomes the next leader of the country or the teacher that teaches that one kid how to do math who then becomes the next Albert Einstein.  Go get a degree in Political Science and join Foreign Affairs.  Go study naval architecture or engineering and build the next fleet of warships or APCs.   Study agriculture and assist in the production of Canada's food supply.  Study forestry and manage our vast forests and huge lumber industry, study geophysics and find new sources of oil or discover a new type of fuel.  Be a customs officer, and protect our borders, join a police force and serve your community by protecting it.  It's your choice and serving ones country is sometimes more than the obvious and only as limited as you decide it to should be. 

Nicely said!!!!

Well my offer finally came thru.  Posted to CFB Halifax (not sure exactly where, no Pos # on the offer msg).

So, I will be Cpl Bloggins again.  Hmmm.  Haven't been a Cpl since June 1994.  But...it comes with a pay raise so....its all good.

226, Cpl IPC 4. 

Applied in May 06.  TOS date is...early March.  As they transferred my file from Hfx to Montreal, things are changing quickly.

Stick it out to those who are waiting.  Its worth it in the end.

:salute:

Mud recce Man

Congratz :) happy gor ya.

for my self...it has been 385 days now...

Was supposed to be ok for next week...but they forgot...a document signed by the brigade...so as time flow..I loose hope to be on it...and then...ill have to wait a much longer period cause I cannot do my bmq next summer due to my civie job..so..My moral is sinking fast.

But enough whining...I happy for you hope you have the time of your life.

MRM, congrats!  Time paid off finally for you I see.  Welcome to the land of ILQ-qualified-Cpl.  ;D

Congrats MRM! The time to get off you're but has finally arrived  :D Kidding

I finally got my call after 1 1/2 years of waiting,    I would like to thank every one for their support and encouragemant during these hard times.

Back