• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application - How long does it take? (Merged)

I

Infantry21

I just recently sent in my application for the Canadian Army. My MOC is 031 Infantry. I‘m a 21 year old male in great physical shape with a 2 year diploma in Criminal Justice. I live in Alberta and sent everything to Calgary. How long does it take for you to know if your in. Do they call for a physical and testing? The recrutier phoned a week ago and told me he got my application how long should it be now before I‘m off? If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I just recently sent in my application for the Canadian Army. My MOC is 031 Infantry. I‘m a 21 year old male in great physical shape with a 2 year diploma in Criminal Justice. I live in Alberta and sent everything to Calgary. How long does it take for you to know if your in. Do they call for a physical and testing? The recrutier phoned a week ago and told me he got my application how long should it be now before I‘m off? If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

You will soon encounter the motto "hurry up then wait". Are you going reg or reserve?

You will soon encounter the motto "hurry up then wait". Are you going reg or reserve?

Well i put my application in August 2003...did all my tests on oct.22nd 2003 and now i‘m waiting on selection in April 2004, so for some it takes a while for others it takes not so long...*nods*

Well i put my application in August 2003...did all my tests on oct.22nd 2003 and now i‘m waiting on selection in April 2004, so for some it takes a while for others it takes not so long...*nods*

Which Infantry Unit did they offer you. 1 and 3 RCR (Royal Regiment of Canada) are located in Ontaio, and 2 RCR are in New Brunswick. Where as 1 and 3 PPCLI (Pricess Patricia‘s Canadian Light Infantry are in Alberta, 2 PPCLI is in Manitoba. Both of these Regiments have two Mechanical Infantry Battalions (BN) and both also have a Light Infantry BN. As to your question, when I did a Component Transfer from the reserves to the regular (about 5 years ago), I had put my application in on Feb and was on my Battle School in Oct of the same year. They do ask you to do a medical and physical, they also ask you to write an apptitude test. The apptitude is done to see what jobs you are qualified to do in the CF. All in all you should be slotted for your Basic Recruit Course by the summer of this year...Don‘t forget that sometimes it takes a while to do a security test on people. If you have any more questions feel free to ask! I‘ll do my best to answer them or I will find the answers from someone at work.

Which Infantry Unit did they offer you. 1 and 3 RCR (Royal Regiment of Canada) are located in Ontaio, and 2 RCR are in New Brunswick. Where as 1 and 3 PPCLI (Pricess Patricia‘s Canadian Light Infantry are in Alberta, 2 PPCLI is in Manitoba. Both of these Regiments have two Mechanical Infantry Battalions (BN) and both also have a Light Infantry BN. As to your question, when I did a Component Transfer from the reserves to the regular (about 5 years ago), I had put my application in on Feb and was on my Battle School in Oct of the same year. They do ask you to do a medical and physical, they also ask you to write an apptitude test. The apptitude is done to see what jobs you are qualified to do in the CF. All in all you should be slotted for your Basic Recruit Course by the summer of this year...Don‘t forget that sometimes it takes a while to do a security test on people. If you have any more questions feel free to ask! I‘ll do my best to answer them or I will find the answers from someone at work.

During my interview they asked me which unit i‘d prefer and i said 1 o r 3 PPCLI cause i‘m three hours away from edmonton so they‘d be closer to home...but chances are they‘ll stick me in Ontario just to complicate things

Hylander_ca... what the heck is "Mechanical Infantry"? Some sort of wind-up toy soldier that bashes it‘s way across a table?!?

I think you meant MECHANIZED infantry, no? The kind that ride around in armoured vehicles? ;)

portcullisguy

You mean you haven‘t heard about the new addition to clothe the soldier where they turn you into a battlebot by shoving a big clock work key (cadpat naturally)up....

Well you‘ll be getting a memo on it soon, and find out for yourself. :D

Originally posted by Superman:
[qb] You will soon encounter the motto "hurry up then wait". [/qb]
Ahhh, I have encountered that Superman. Can‘t say its too fun.

Sorry about the type "O" with mechanized, I was talking to my mechanic at the time. Pte Dorthy, if you stick to your plan of wanting to go to Edmonton, it may take a little longer but you have to insist on only going to either of those Battalions. I hope things work out for you.

BRENT_B said:
I just recently sent in my application for the Canadian Army. My MOC is 031 Infantry. I'm a 21 year old male in great physical shape with a 2 year diploma in Criminal Justice. I live in Alberta and sent everything to Calgary. How long does it take for you to know if your in. Do they call for a physical and testing? The recrutier phoned a week ago and told me he got my application how long should it be now before I'm off? If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a diploma in Criminal Justice, you might be able to get in as an MP.  It might be worth your while; I'm sure they would reimburse you for your diploma too.

At a time when the CF is bitching and complaining about personnel shortages, you'd think they would act fast to nip the problem at its source: The roadblock at the initial stages of recruitment.

I have an electrical engineering degree and am applying as a DEO to the Navy as a Marine Systems Engineer Officer. I've got a terrific graduating GPA and 5 professional internships at companies like Microsoft and BC Hydro. Apparently, the Navy is "hurting" for guys like me. Well I certainly didn't feel that way when I walked into the CFRG office today.

There were these 2 fat-ass NCM guys manning the post who were less than enthusiastic (to say the least) about promoting Naval MARE Officer positions to me. I just asked for an application package and left. Finally, one of 'em told me I should expect to wait between 6 months to a year prior to receiving any feedback on my application. Huh ??? They're certainly not treating me like they need me. 

Welcome to the club. My application has hits the one year mark this coming week.There are others here that have been waiting much longer.

If you get in by 6 months, consider yourself very very lucky. The application process times vary a lot between persons and a mostly caused by slow downs in security clearances and waiting for the medical to clear at a central location in Borden.

Do a search as the problems of recruiting are constantly being talked about here.

I am also going for a DEO position and have a pretty solid background. It has little to do with your application as all your qualifications won't come into play until the selection board...when you get to the selection board that is.

shoguny2k said:
At a time when the CF is bitching and complaining about personnel shortages..............

I have an electrical engineering degree.......graduating GPA and 5 professional internships.. like Microsoft and BC Hydro. Apparently, the Navy is "hurting" for guys like me..........

There were these 2 fat-*** NCM guys...... . Huh ??? They're certainly not treating me like they need me.  

Who is the one bitching and complaining?
Now, I agree there are many issues with recruiting, and I've posted some as well. I've even gone so far as to suggest that SOME recruiters were less than helpful in the process. But I've also allowed for off-days, failures in the information system, constant government and recruiting plan changes, issues in Borden with medical clearances, overtaskings and lack of training pers, etc...

Clearly you are frustrated. But your post insults the many other fine men and women who staff CFRCs.
You also kind of come accross like you are the cat's meow. I've mistakenly done it before as well, but you may want to tone that down a bit, especially on your initial courses.

Good luck with the process, but remember its a process, and the recruiters deal with it every day. And from what Ive heard recently, their ETA is a fairly accurate one, fat-assed and all.

In my year and a half (and counting) of my recruiting process, I was always met by friendly helpful people at the CFRC.  Yes, there were some slow downs, some of which were unexplainable and likely can be chalked up to human error (like taking three weeks to call me and tell me I need to drop off more information, or like letting me wait for nearly and hour and a half because they mistakenly slotted my interview before my fitness test), but every time the staff have been helpful and done their best to move things along quickly.

Some things will simply take their time, like medicals.  Others might be because the recruiting centre is booked.  When I did my interviews and testing, I was given the choice of what day I wanted; when I went to re-do my fitness test and my update interview, I was pretty much given one day.

Everyone has bad days; maybe you got two people having a bad day.  I've never had a problem with the people at the CFRC, just the red tape.

Hi all,

I've been wanting to throw this one out to you for some time now. I think it will PO some and others will get a chuckle out of it.   ;D

I arrived at the recruiting center(Toronto) on Thu 29 Nov, and was told to report to 6PD on Mon 3 Dec.I did this and was sworn in on Thu 6 Dec, sent on a weeks leave, reporting back on 13 Dec and was transported to Camp Petawawa(by train) on Fri 14 Dec. And then wearing just coveralls,  we did kitchen and fire piquet duties until starting our 24 week recruit training on 7 Jan.

This all happened in 1956 of course.    ;)

I really feel for you people who are desparately trying to get into the Forces and have to wait so long.   :salute:

All the best   Drummy

Back